Starting weight for Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween..

Options

Replies

• laurenraybould
    Options
    Hiya, Im Lauren, nickname Lolly. I want to loose 2 stone in total but 20 pounds by halloween would be amazing.
    Current weight 156.3lbs
    Goal weight 126.1lbs

If I loose 20 pounds ill be 136lbs, then only 10 more pounds until I am at my goal weight so this group will be a big help!!
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Trying the pumpkin H20.

No spaces in the img]  Need open bracketat the start (without the space) and close bracket (again without the space) at the end.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hell Hello all :O) I'm Amy but often go by Bru, so feel free to call me Bru :) I'm not sure I want to lose 20lbs by Halloween, so I'm aiming for 10-15lbs and if I lose more then rock on!! My starting weight is 207.8 and I hope to be close to 190ish by then. I'm married and unemployeed, no kids currently. I can't afford a gym membership right now, so I do everything on my own. I walk (a lot), I graduated couch to 5k and plan on running a 5k next month, I swam much of this summer and dance (using Just Dance for the Wii). I have recently bought 30day shred and can't wait to start it. I weigh in every Friday so I'll be back then :) Let's rock it out all!!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Well it's a start! Walked a good 35 minutes today... at a nice brisk pace... pushing my son in his stroller... on a gravel road! I wasn't sure how to set it in the exercise calculator so I set it as a very, very brisk pace since I had the stroller/gravel to fight with and was walking a very brisk pace. I'm very proud of myself though!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hi Lolly! Hi Bru! Welcome to the club!

Bru, in regards to shooting for 10 to 15 pounds, think about this Les Brown quote: “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” I think you should mentally shoot for 20, just to get your engine running, but be happy with whatever success you obtain by 10/31.
    Well it's a start! Walked a good 35 minutes today... at a nice brisk pace... pushing my son in his stroller... on a gravel road! I wasn't sure how to set it in the exercise calculator so I set it as a very, very brisk pace since I had the stroller/gravel to fight with and was walking a very brisk pace. I'm very proud of myself though!

Well done! I totally read that in the "grandpa had to walk to school...uphill...both ways...in the snow" kind of way. Like, your story just kept getting better and better!
  • AnewMe0212
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to join.. 20 pounds by Halloween!! Can I, Can I, Can I?
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot.

CW: 152.6 (I think the .6 is going to be engraved on my tombstone, at this rate....)
    current GW: 135

I think I can get there by Halloween..... I hope I can get there by Halloween?
    You can do it!!! We're here to help!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    For the first time in months I have put weight on :(
    2lb in 5 days, I stopped smoking two days ago so I figure its not smoking related, so now I have smoked as well :(
    Not doing so good.
    sw 169
    cw171
    gw149

:(
  • kikent
    kikent Posts: 3
    Options
    I started out 2 years ago at 325 pounds and I am 5'9". Today I weght 252 pounds but I want to get to 200 by Labor Day Next year when I get married.

I think I may be able to do the 20 pounds by Halloween (that would be awesome!) considering I have lost 13 pounds inthe last 3 weeks.

Here is hoping!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to join.. 20 pounds by Halloween!! Can I, Can I, Can I?

Of course you can! Welcome!
  • ginamarie85
    Options
    I'm Gina and my starting weight is 170lbs and would like to lose 20lbs or more by halloween which would make my weight around 150lbs. I'm currently in Berkeley, CA and do workout videos at home but looking for someone to do walks/jogs with in the afternoon if anyone would like to join me!

Good Luck everyone!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    2lb in 5 days, I stopped smoking two days ago so I figure its not smoking related, so now I have smoked as well :(
    Not doing so good.
    sw 169
    cw171
    gw149

Don't get discouraged, lady. It sounds like you're trying to do a lot of things at once. Loose weight. Quit smoking. That's a lot of pressure on you. Try to keep your chin up, and make small changes that will eventually lead to success. Maybe make a goal to be smoking fewer cigarettes a day? You'll do this.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Not doing so good.
    sw 169
    cw171
    gw149

Don't get discouraged, lady. It sounds like you're trying to do a lot of things at once. Loose weight. Quit smoking. That's a lot of pressure on you. Try to keep your chin up, and make small changes that will eventually lead to success. Maybe make a goal to be smoking fewer cigarettes a day? You'll do this.

You are right, defo made me feel down and like I am failing at everything. Just the other day I thought I could take on the world, that is why I was so convinced I could stop. Think I may leave the stopping until I am closer to goal weight, In the mean time I am going to cut right down, less of a shock to the metabolism. Starting tomorrow I will buy packets of ten rather than 20, that is at least 5 less a day and take it from there.
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 20 pounds by Halloween....now to DO IT! My starting weight is 199, so goal weight is 179.
    Hmmm, 179 looks good. I know it'll feel even better!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name's Erin and I'm 18. Like a lot of people here I've struggled with my weight my whole life. When I started MFP I was 258 lbs and today I'm 218. I started as a size 20 and now I'm a 16! I have really been slacking off over the summer and I've only lost 5 lbs or so in the last 2 months. I hope joining this group will give me the kick I need to get back to losing! It would be amazing to lose 20 lbs by Halloween, that would put me in Onederland :D

SW: 218
    GW by Halloween: 198
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name's Erin and I'm 18. Like a lot of people here I've struggled with my weight my whole life. When I started MFP I was 258 lbs and today I'm 218. I started as a size 20 and now I'm a 16! I have really been slacking off over the summer and I've only lost 5 lbs or so in the last 2 months. I hope joining this group will give me the kick I need to get back to losing! It would be amazing to lose 20 lbs by Halloween, that would put me in Onederland :D

SW: 218
    GW by Halloween: 198

Hi Erin.. Although youve only lost about 5 pounts over the past 2 months you should be proud. Its better to lose and maintain than to gain. Its hard to maintain weight. You can do it. WE are here to support you!! :) Congrats on the weight youve lost thus far. :)
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Not doing so good.
    sw 169
    cw171
    gw149

hey hun.. Sorry to hear the transition you are attempting isnt aggreeing with your body. Maybe try to slowly quit smoking? Kinda test the waters a little bit if you need to. People often gain weight when they quit smoking. Cut down and see where you can go from there.. We are here for you.. Keep your chin up hun.. :) ~hugs~
  • mom23kids
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to give my update for H2O. I had a fews days jump start. I started MFP last Monday. So I weighed yesterday and am happy to say I lost 3.8lbs my first week with MFP! Only 17.2 lbs to go!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to give my update for H2O. I had a fews days jump start. I started MFP last Monday. So I weighed yesterday and am happy to say I lost 3.8lbs my first week with MFP! Only 17.2 lbs to go!
    way to go!! :) Good job!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Wrote a blog.. That some of you may or may not like to read.. ;)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AprilVal/view/words-of-encouragement-to-the-discouraged-37810