5'4 girls, what's your goal weight?

Options
Hey, I was 160 and I really wanted to be 140. Then I got there was not happy. Now I'm at 130 pounds and I feel like I need to lose 10 more pounds. The ideal weight for ladies our height is 130 but I know it all depends on your build and where you carry your weight. I have some fat on my hips, so I want to lose more. Then, I plan to gain muscle weight. What about you?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight. When I started I thought I should be 135 at 5'3, now I am about 150 and pretty happy with my body. If I could get my body fat% down a bit more, that'd be great, but I don't want to lose any muscle while doing so.
  • librarysteg
    librarysteg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". The lowest I've weighed as an adult was between 130-140. It bounced around a lot in that range while I was maintaining so I was never just 130 or 135. I think about 135 is my ultimate goal, but I also think I could be very happy and feel good at 145. We'll see when I get there.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130, but once I am 130 I will see how I feel. I feel that I am pretty close to being happy with my weight and I am 141. I have a bit of fat left on my belly and inner thighs that I want to lose, so chances are I will be happy at 130.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    right now i would be happy to get down to 140lbs. once this goal has been reached i plan on seeing how happy i am and going from there.

my ultimate goal however is to get down to around 19% body fat
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 130 right now, still not happy. It really depends on your body composition. I would look a lot better at this weight if I had more muscle. So my main goal right now is lowering bf% and not worrying so much about the number on the scale.
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My goal when I joined was to get to 125. I've been stalled in the mid 140's since July, mostly my own doing. I don't think I'll ever get to 125 but I know I have more weight to lose. I think I'd rather concentrate on building muscle and reducing my body fat. I've being doing Chalean Extreme for 3 months and not lost much weight but definitely built muscle and lost fat.
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get somewhere around 160 and go from there. Before gaining all the weight I was 145lb size 6. Always built with more muscle than those I was around. I know I will be different now so I have no idea what weight I want to be in. I will be thrilled if I can just get to a size 10.
  • aj7x
    aj7x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am aiming for 135. From there I will see if I want to take it down to 130. I don't want to be too skinny.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My goal is 170, so I can be under the BMI's obese category
  • LoveLoveandRage
    LoveLoveandRage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"...pretty close. My goal weight is 125-135 depending on what feels right when I get that far. :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2 so I'm close enough ahah

My goal was 140, then I dropped it to 135.
    I am now at 158 (yahoo!!), and I don't know if I'll get to 135. I may stick with 140.

My opinion would be to ditch the scale goal and go with a mirror goal. If you feel like you need to get a little smaller, pick up some weights and go! You'll be stronger AND smaller by losing body fat.

(and honestly, I think it's hard for many women to truly be satisfied with their bodies, regardless of weight goals. We're naturally hard on ourselves)
  • AJN_22
    AJN_22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'2'', and my goal weight is 120-125. I am currently at 144.8, so I'm not too far away!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I started at 190, I'm at 169.6 currently with a goal weight of 140, which should put me somewhere near an ideal body fat range. The weight will be a bonus but the body fat percentage is really what I'm going for. I've lost 12 lbs of fat and gained 5 pounds of muscle over the past few months, its slow going but worth it!
  • ashley0314
    ashley0314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh 161 right now and my goal weight is somewhere between 130 & 135. Once I get there, I'll see how I feel.
  • hotfitmomma2b
    hotfitmomma2b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i am 5foot 3 1/2 and my goal weight is 125 !!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    In to read others' comments...

My goal years and years ago was 140 - only because that was considered "normal" per BMI for my height (5'3"-5'4" range). I got down to 163 in the spring and actually started wondering if I was done (my lowest adult weight ever - but anything since 220 has been my lowest lol) - ideally I'd like to drop more bodyfat than that (keeping my current muscle, of course). I've since put on a few lbs, so my short-term goal is to get back to where I had been.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight was 145lbs. However, I'm finding that I'm not "done" , so I've adjusted it down to 140lbs.
  • sarabee0405
    sarabee0405 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    150 was always my magic number, but now that I'm close to it I think I still have another 15-20 to go. Weights I never even dreamed of :)
  • jessnic1987
    Options
    I am currently 142...I think i want to get to 130...I mainly want to build some muscle more than lose alot of weight...I have more fat on my tummy and booty! lol
  • Inrequia
    Inrequia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started at 225lbs.. my goal is between 150-160lbs. I have a larger frame, though. Ultimately, I'm looking to feel better, be stronger, and get my figure back, haha. ;)