5'4 girls, what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• mytime44me
    Options
    I'm 5'3" I like to stay around 125. 122-127 is my best weight. If I go too low, my face looks older...any higher and my hips and stomach start to bulge.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    In a perfect world, I'd get back to my old happy weight of 125, but I don't know if that's possible at this point. I was dancing 20 hours a week when I was that small and now I have a more sedentary job. I want to at least get below 140 and see what that looks like.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 135-140. The lightest was 125, but I don't know if thats sustainable for me.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" now, my goal weight according to online calculations should be around 136. But I'll be happy to be around 140-145. Age has lot to do with it too. Young ones looks great when they are "skinny" but us older folks start looking gaunter, but then that's my opinion!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    If you keep losing and are not happy, do two things: get your body fat tested and work on that instead of pounds and start lifting NOW. You're just going to keep losing muscle mass as you drop. You may find you don't need to lose any more at all but rather just do some body recompositioning. I have lost 3 pants sizes with virtually no weight loss.
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    I feel like I have an eating disorder after comparing my new goal with the responses on here

either I'm in the wrong height category (163 cm?) or something is not right with my body fat calculations (using Matt Fitzgerald's Racing Weight thing)

:noway:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 126 lbs. My original goal was 125 lbs but I'm going down to 120 lbs slowly with a strength training routine along the way to try and help reduce body fat, as that is my ultimate goal. I'd love to build back up to 125-130 lbs over years of bulk/cutting but right now I'm still around 25% BF.
  • sruvane
    sruvane Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and shrinking - oh, the joy of being 58! Six years ago I weighed 138 and was a size 4/6. I don't look so great any smaller, even though I thought charts I read were telling me to weigh about 125. I'm at 200 now, wanting to get below 150. Even at 160, I remember feeling good about how I looked and what I could wear. Hope that helps some one. All your posts have helped me : )) Thank you. Need weight loss friends if you are looking for support, friend me.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have an eating disorder after comparing my new goal with the responses on here

either I'm in the wrong height category (163 cm?) or something is not right with my body fat calculations (using Matt Fitzgerald's Racing Weight thing)

:noway:

You're trying to get to an endurance runner or triathlete range and you are comparing it to a person trying to get into a healthy or normal bmi/body fat range. Apples and oranges. I would have to lose LEAN MASS to get below 125 because I do power lifting. I can't compare myself to these folks but for the opposite reason. Actually I would be dead because my LBM is 125.
  • louloumelon
    Options
    130 or 125
    My dream weight :)
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 58kg / 128lbs I don't know if I'd go any lower than that.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5"

My highest weight was 212 (but that was 11 years ago). I started MFP in July at 167 with an original goal weight of 148. The idea was that I would keep myself under 150 forever. In the past, I've felt good there and was happy with my size.

However, MFP just helped so much that I've moved my goal weight down a few times now. My final goal weight is 123 (currently around 128), with the idea that I'll never go over 130. My plan is that once I hit 123, I'm going to get a BodPod assessment to learn my body fat percentage, and focus on body composition. I hope to maintain the weight while continuing to shrink a bit.
  • AnjaliSD
    AnjaliSD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4/5'5 and my current goal weight is 120, but I like to think I would be elated at 130. My Starting weight was 160 lbs.
    That said, I'm only using weight as a barometer for my progress, as I'm terrible at measuring myself (I can get measurements an inch of within the same hour). Ideally I would like to go from a size 10/12 to a size 6.
  • Rebeccamosley86
    Rebeccamosley86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and I started at 169 and I am now at 140 my goal is 135 maybe 130.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I started at 268, currently at 164 and m goal is 145.
  • dorrymc
    Options
    You ladies are awesome! Wishing you continued success in 2014. Here's to seeing less of you next Year :heart:
  • brminor
    brminor Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 160. That's probably still in the overweight category but I'm very curvy and when I was in the 130-140 range, my head looked really big, lol. 150 would be the absolute lowest but I'd be happy with 160.
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 142.5 and a size 8/10. My weight goal is 135, but I'm thinking that once I hit goal I'll still want to work on body composition. My non-scale goal is going to be a solid size 6.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I'm about 5'4'' and I'm in the 120's and feel happiest at the size I am now. It all really depends on a person's build. Some girls are more muscular and look bigger than their weight etc.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I started at 185 and am now 179.5. My first goal is 150… I never weighed myself as a teenager and have always been overweight as an adult, so I really don't know what my body will look like as it starts getting slimmer. I do have a medium build and, luckily, carry my weight well so people tend to think I'm lighter than I am. Once I get to 150 I'll reassess and decide if I want to lose more. As others have said, I want to tone and strengthen as I go and that's just as important to me as the number on the scale.