• canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Jeggins ! They always fit perfect!

A4B5410A-AD95-46BA-8CBA-8CB3BA56BB06_zpstgofozez.jpg
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I gave up trying to buy jeans in a store a long time ago. I have similar issue as I carry my weight in my hips.

Within the past year I found jeans that fit every curve of me from QVC. Most recently they had 'comfy' jeans. Not denim material like jeans but the blue have the look of denim. Have some stretch to them so that helps too.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am straight up and down. I have problem with the length being too short.
  • eugovogue
    Options
    I have this problem too, especially with work pants from places like Ann Taylor or J Crew. I like to joke that my legs are a size 8, but my waist is a size 4. Le sigh.

For jeans my GO TO place is America Apparel. Try the 'Easy Jean' They are high-waisted but I find that when I don't like that look, I simply don't tuck my shirts in. They fit everywhere like a glove. I have 4 pairs. The blue and black ones are made of actual denim and are structured, whereas the colored ones seem way more stretchy. They are $72 bucks, but WELL WORTH the price, and AA often has sales anyway.

Their jean sizes are S, M, L, and XL. I'm a M and they fit very well. Plus it's nice not to have jeans with that dreaded size # on them. Medium sounds better to me.

Good luck.

edit: wearing them in my profile pic now on one of my fat days =p
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options

BAM!! you go girl!!!
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I have entered the yard.

Seconded.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Another vote for jeggings. Lycra makes all the difference.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Another vote for jeggings. Lycra makes all the difference.

Yup, anything with some stretch to it. I wear the 1969 skinny jeans from the Gap.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You may want to check Dorinha Wear, which makes Brazilian designer jeans. If Jaime Koeppe can wear their brand, then any woman with shapely legs and butt can.

Jaime modeling booty in jeans for reference purposes.

14tac6t.jpg

And because I love this gif:

2wpqng7.gif
  • bamgirl10
    bamgirl10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Let me join the club! Girl, i feel your pain. I order jeans from PZI from time to time. They offer jeans based on your measurements so they will fit everywhere. I bought a pair and they were awesome. Here is the website. Take a look when you get a chance

http://www.pzijeans.com/

They are also on instagram @PZIJEANS or #PZIJEANS
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    happy-lurking.gif
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have a bootie.

Finding a place to take them in at the waist is a must. Nordstroms usually does it for a small fee.
  • kliermann
    Options
    ok what about guys with booties????

When I was a body builder for 3 years I didnt notice but it gave me a MASSIVE muscle bubble butt....I always made fun of women for checkin their buts in the mirror...then i had to....irony lol
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Was also going to say Athleta's bettona jeggings are awesome.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I second pzi jeans they are great and make your *kitten* look great. It's a pain finding jeans and my *kitten* could never fit in skinny jeans lol
  • kmyers4545
    kmyers4545 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think Gap has a curvy line of jeans. I straight up alter my jeans. If you can't sew, you can take them to a seamstress and have them put in darts in the back. Sucks to have to pay more money, but until the fashion industry adjusts its sizing, we're stuck with altering our clothes or wearing lycra or no pants at all :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    The Silver Jeans "Suki" fit has always fit me great. They are pricey, but worth it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Win.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love you all for your shopping tips and for your hot rear ends ;)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I have booty, but no hips, so anything that fits my waist (especially stretchy fabrics) eventually falls down my hips and gets stuck over my booty creating a muffin top. :frown: