How many lbs had you lost before people mentioning it?

Options

Replies

• Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'6 and after 10 lbs of weight loss I was wearing more figure hugging clothes so friends and family could tell there was a difference.

My tummy didn't look 5 months pregnant anymore!

I carried my excess weight in the tummy area...
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and I got some comments around the 20 lb mark, mostly from people who knew I was working on losing weight, and around 30 lbs down, everyone started commenting.
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My mother always notices weight loss before it actually happens. XD
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    initially: about 7-8 pounds, but I didn't have much to lose. It was about 15 pounds though before people really started noticing.
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 20lbs down and still waiting
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    40-50.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had a lot to lose so it was around the 40 pound mark... just after I got below 300 pounds...
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It took 21 pounds before anyone noticed.
  • StephenKTHill
    Options
    60 pounds

I started at 325
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    15 lbs im 5'8

this. :)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    About 15 lbs. lost is when people started noticing for me. (6'1")
    This. But I'm only 5'8"
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    40 lbs. I guess where I was so big, it took awhile for people to actually notice. Started at almost 300 lbs.
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not many people have mentioned it to me, but this weekend I went to a friend's house for dinner. She opened the door and said, "You look skinny!" It definitely felt awesome. :flowerforyou:

I've lost about 8 pounds of my 30-pound goal.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8".

I went from my all-time HW of 307 to 272 without ANYONE commenting. Not one person. Granted, I was very big and it was a slow loss, but 35 lb is a considerable amount even at that size.

Went from 272 to 262 and my mom commented.

Then I joined MFP and once I'd lost about 20 lb (240-ish) EVERYONE seemed to notice all of a sudden. It felt more like I'd gone from 307 to 240 overnight or something because everyone was commenting on the "drastic loss".

Now at 208. People who have not seen me in awhile comment, but those who only see me in photos never mention it. I'm pretty sure it's because I still have the same overall look and also because I was so guarded with non-flattering and/or full body pics. So a lot of my old friends or acquaintances wouldn't realize how big I was before, and my internet friends probably only saw face pics - even the ones I have known for years.
  • starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It took me about 15-20 pounds and I'm 5'10". Though a lot of people didn't even think I was the weight I was because I hold my weight well.
  • rosevalleygirl23
    rosevalleygirl23 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and had 100 pounds to lose. A nosy neighbor noticed at around 20 lbs and another friend made a comment at 30 lbs. That's it for out of the blue comments, but some people just know that I'm exercising/dieting and don't feel the need to comment.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Shoot I gained 10lbs (current weight 223) and everyone wants to compliment me now saying "You look great. How much weight have you lost?" LOL it's crazy.
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    5'9 and have lost 30pd but haven't had anyone notice enough to comment. I found it was about 40pds down last time before people said something though
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    30-40
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    30 pounds. now i get more comments at 5o pounds. i didnt see the difference until 30 pounds. but i still have at least 50 more to lose. so its not really a big difference i dont think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!