How many lbs had you lost before people mentioning it?

Options

Replies

• Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Most people started noticing on me when I lost twenty pounds...I am five nine inches...
  • autumnrgoodrich
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'8" and was wearing a size 18/16 and have shrunk to an 11/10. And I've only lost about 10lbs, but that's bc I've turned allot of fat into muscle. Sooo it kinda depends on how you go about your rutine. But remember, 2wks for you to notice 4wks for your partner, 8weeks for your friends and family, and 12wks for the rest of the world...and strangely that time line can be scary on point lol hope that helps:)
  • Helsybels
    Helsybels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just started getting comments at 15lb down. I'm 5'4" and now only 5 lb to go to goal. I think they noticed partly because I had to buy some new, smaller clothes.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    About 70lbs. Before that people were just like "hmm something's different, did you change your hair?". Which made me want to throat punch them in frustration. But when I first started I had a lot of weight to lose (still do but I'm about halfway to my goal now), which is most likely why I had to lose so much before anyone noticed. Oh, I'm 5'1".5 if that matters.
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    I'm 5'8".

I went from my all-time HW of 307 to 272 without ANYONE commenting. Not one person. Granted, I was very big and it was a slow loss, but 35 lb is a considerable amount even at that size.

Went from 272 to 262 and my mom commented.

Then I joined MFP and once I'd lost about 20 lb (240-ish) EVERYONE seemed to notice all of a sudden. It felt more like I'd gone from 307 to 240 overnight or something because everyone was commenting on the "drastic loss".

Now at 208. People who have not seen me in awhile comment, but those who only see me in photos never mention it. I'm pretty sure it's because I still have the same overall look and also because I was so guarded with non-flattering and/or full body pics. So a lot of my old friends or acquaintances wouldn't realize how big I was before, and my internet friends probably only saw face pics - even the ones I have known for years.

I've gone from 315 to 287 and I don't look like I'm any different in size, and all my clothes fit exactly the same. Nobody has noticed as far as I can tell. I've lost about one inch off both hips and waist.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    First comment from my father in law at 27 lbs, then not again until 42 lbs from a coworker, and my father in law again. He says it's really noticeable but I still can't really tell.
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    It took me about 15-20 pounds and I'm 5'10". Though a lot of people didn't even think I was the weight I was because I hold my weight well.

I had a little of the same issue. At 315 lbs, my highest weight ever, I looked more similar to other women my height/age who weighed about 270. I think it will be a while before my loss really shows. Depending on how evenly you lose fat across your body, it can be very noticeable or barely noticeable.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    30 lbs, but I agree people generally notice when you lose a percentage of weight rather than a #
    I started at 5'6" 216. Comments starting PILING in when I hit the 180s
  • shawn1112
    shawn1112 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    between 25-30lbs
  • cevalid
    Options
    17 pounds and only the boyfriend and best friend have said anything. 5'4
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    At around 10lbs. It really showed in my face.
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    I'm pretty short. People didn't start saying things to me until I hit about 40lbs
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    About 25 before my first comments. 5 pounds later and it seems like everyone is saying something! I'm considering sending a bulletin round work! :laugh:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I got a couple of comments after losing about 15 lbs but I got way more compliments when I stopped focusing on losing pounds and started losing inches with weight lifting and eating more.
  • laneer75
    laneer75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and down 15 lbs total from my highest weight (which I was at in late August.) So far no comments, and I can't really see the difference except in one nightie.

Other times when I started at a similar weight, it took around 25 - 30 lbs before anyone noticed a difference. So I expect it'll be similar this time.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fifteen pounds in.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    About 20. Maybe around 15. At least in my face. People didn't recognize what it was, but there was "something different" at 15 lbs. But they had no doubt about what it was when I hit 20.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    About 15, but I'm short (5'3") so every little bit adds up fast.
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had lost 10 pounds.Everyone said they could see it in my face. I am 5'7". I carry my weight well.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8".

I went from my all-time HW of 307 to 272 without ANYONE commenting. Not one person. Granted, I was very big and it was a slow loss, but 35 lb is a considerable amount even at that size.

Went from 272 to 262 and my mom commented.

Then I joined MFP and once I'd lost about 20 lb (240-ish) EVERYONE seemed to notice all of a sudden. It felt more like I'd gone from 307 to 240 overnight or something because everyone was commenting on the "drastic loss".

Now at 208. People who have not seen me in awhile comment, but those who only see me in photos never mention it. I'm pretty sure it's because I still have the same overall look and also because I was so guarded with non-flattering and/or full body pics. So a lot of my old friends or acquaintances wouldn't realize how big I was before, and my internet friends probably only saw face pics - even the ones I have known for years.

I've gone from 315 to 287 and I don't look like I'm any different in size, and all my clothes fit exactly the same. Nobody has noticed as far as I can tell. I've lost about one inch off both hips and waist.

I can kind of relate. I wore size 22/24 everything from 250 lb to 307 lb, that entire range the clothes fit me just fine and I never needed new clothes when losing or gaining. I do remember when I was hovering at 300 I had a handful of 26/28 shirts but they were kinda baggy even then, I just liked the fit. It seems weird I had size 22 jeans at 307 lb and they still fit really well when I was 245-250. Then suddenly in the 230s I wore an 18.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!