How many lbs had you lost before people mentioning it?

Options

Replies

• caseys29
    caseys29 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 315 to 287 and I don't look like I'm any different in size, and all my clothes fit exactly the same. Nobody has noticed as far as I can tell. I've lost about one inch off both hips and waist.

I've gone from 312 to 284 and I've had one person comment out of the blue, and a few people who know I'm dieting and exercising (my mom, a woman I go to Zumba with, my neighbor who always sees me out walking the dog) have said I look like I've lost weight, but that's it. I'm 5'7 and have so much to lose and carry weight all over, so it takes a long time to notice. Even with 28 pounds down, I'm not even down a pants size, they're just a little looser.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"...around 30 lbs when people close to me remarked...around 40 when acquaintances said something. Now, at 60 lbs...some people don't recognize me ;)
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Even with 28 pounds down, I'm not even down a pants size, they're just a little looser.

I've noticed that the Women's sizes are a lot more forgiving than the Misses sizes...it took me at least 20 lb loss to get out of each plus size but only 10 to get out of the Miss sizes.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    about 18-20lbs
  • perfectflightisbeingthere
    Options
    No one's noticed yet :-(

Except for my wife who says I look scrawny and I'm making her look bad....
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    probably a good 20-30 lbs
  • libbyviolet
    Options
    10lbs for me and im 5'11.Your face is the first thing to shrink!
  • meganuhl1
    meganuhl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    At about 50 lbs my OB had made a comment (13 months after my youngest was born). Started a new job and nobody there really knew I was in the process of losing weight. It took about another 40 before coworkers noticed. And around 110 lost was when guys started hitting on me at work :blushing:
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    when i was down only 6lbs my relatives started noticing :bigsmile: i guess being a shortie has its perks, right? :wink:
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I had lost 14 lbs before the first person commented on it however after that it wasn't until about 40lbs down that people really started noticing.
  • origlio1953
    Options
    at 5'2", i lost 4# & it got noticed!, on to the next 16!!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    80 lbs.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    People started noticing around the 10 pound mark...but once I hit 20 they all started to notice! Its awesome!
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I gained weight/ stayed the same and people told me I looked smaller.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think it's more about how much you have to lose rather than hight. For me it was around 10 lbs.

True. If you're only 20 lbs overweight, a 10 lb loss is a lot more noticeable on you than it would be on someone who is 100 lbs overweight. I had probably lost 40 lbs before people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight noticed.
  • garbagedog
    Options
    People started noticing my weight loss around 10 lbs. It was really encouraging because I hadn't really seen a difference myself yet. I don't think it's totally a weight, issue; I think people notice the inches. Honestly, I didn't see a difference in myself until my clothes got a little looser.
  • AngelBearz330
    AngelBearz330 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    About 40 lbs and I'm 5' 9". That's when I started buying new clothes though, so that probably had something to do with it!
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The compliments came first, not ness weight specific but people were telling me I looked well etc. Then at the 2 stone mark (28 pounds) the comments on weight really started pouring in. Those closer to me, who knew I was doing it, (mum, bf) started way before this.

And, bonus, I AM really starting to notice it now :)
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    about 15 for me
  • KMR_KAG
    KMR_KAG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    35 POUNDS FOR ME
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!