Don't call me.....

Options

Replies

• JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I had a radio dispatcher from the UK who used to call me "Luv" with the British accent and it drove me NUTS!! I LOVED the sound of her voice, I would make up reasons to call control just to hear her say it:wink:

Oh I Hate being called Sir! I hated it in the military and even more now, it just sounds strange and cold
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    mami, I don't know what that means. Otherwise I adore sweet pet names. :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My ex fiancé called me turtle., and he still does now that we are just friends. I cannot for the life of me remember how this became a thing with us, but I loved it. He would always get me some kind of turtle instead of a teddy bear when he bought me stuffed animals.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Don't call me: MILF... hate it so much.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

*scribbles notes for later use*
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

But you are!
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and I hate being called 'Aim'. There are only three letters in my name, we do not need to attempt to shorten it.

My name is Amanda and I hate being called Mandy. ugh
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Shirley.

Win! :drinker:
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options
    My parents have been married for 47 yrs and my dad still calls my mom his "little bride" I think it's so sweet and hope I'm in a relationship like theirs one day.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    "My precious"

But I don't mind being called a sneaky little hobbitses
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I use to think I didn't like them but I have learned that I just didn't like who was saying them.

From the right man, it is sweet and I love them.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I love any and all of the terms of endearment that my husband uses with me. Baby doll, momma, baby, my love, any of them.

It doesn't offend me when someone off the street calls me love or darlin'. Maybe because I'm in the south and it's extremely common, especially in the more rural areas. I think it's charming.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My name is Melissa and I hate Mel and Missy.
    My name is Michelle and I hate being called Melissa. But apparently I should have been named Melissa, due to the number of people who insist on calling me that! :laugh:

That's funny because if someone can't remember my name they will opt for Michelle!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Big'n. I don't even know if that's how it is spelled, but it sounds like "biggin". A waiter in a Catfish King called me that at my heaviest. I was like, "what the eff did he just call me?"

You should have called him 'Baby'.
  • karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I hate "hun", hi hun! Drives me crazy :explode:
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I hate it when a male in customer service (waiters particularly.) calls me "chief", "boss", or "brah" in a creepy passive-aggressive attempt to be the alpha male of the interaction.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Baby, babe, or any other derivative of such.

Skinny. I hate being called skinny, and I especially hate being called "too skinny."
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Boo

I hate that even when it was my girlfriend call me that it just doesn't sit well with me.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Baby.

I cannot stand being called 'baby'. It drives me up the wall when I hear other relationship people call each other 'baby'.

What soppy names could you do without when you're in a relationship? Sweetie? Love?

Do you hate it when people you don't know call you lovvie or sweetie?

Note: Keep it clean people, this thread is about the soppy names, not the rude and crude.

Relax, Honey.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Baby, I can handle after hearing it for three years.

Hun, even after ten years of random people calling me this, I hate it with a passion.