Why diet cola could be making you FATTER and WRINKLIER

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    puts on tin foil hat, puts down diet coke, and slowly exits thread...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I just gave this article for people to read. Do with the information what you want. I'm not really phased.

"Hi, I'm just throwing out BS and will change my views in any way possible so long as you buy my unreasoned conclusion that soda is evil"
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Diet colas have long been regarded as the dieter's friend - but one-calorie fizzy drinks may actually be the reason you can't shift that stubborn spare tyre.
    Some health experts now believe the chemicals in the drink could actually be causing your body to lay down fat deposits around your middle - dubbed 'diet cola belly' - reports Get The Gloss.
    And that's not all: some experts also believe diet cola’s mix of carbonated water, colourings and sweeteners such as aspartame and acesulfame K could also speed up the ageing process, and have disastrous health consequences.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2520746/Why-diet-cola-making-FATTER-WRINKLIER-Low-calorie-drink-blame-spare-tyre-withered-skin.html#ixzz2n4PNxPAy
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yeah, you can totally see my diet cola belly in my profile picture, from drinking 4-6 cans of diet coke a day. Oh wait...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I just gave this article for people to read. Do with the information what you want. I'm not really phased.

Why would you do that??? Seriously????

What was the point? Education? Did you believe the article?

Please explain ....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Why would you do that??? Seriously????

What was the point? Education? Did you believe the article?

Please explain ....
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    daily mail? enough said!

QFT

But seriously, how can people not know that the daily mail is a joke?

I don't believe anything unless I can read it in the Sunday Sport.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9le396uSv1rziwwco1_400.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i read the opposite in the onion.

hE45EB7D2
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am trying to break the "loaded" pop habit because it has too much sugar and have never drank diet pop. You asked about my thoughts so I will tell you both types of pop are not good for the body because they have no nutritional value. Too many foods out there in this category!!!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I like diet soda and regular soda is the most delicious thing in the world, but I do suspect that drinking a can of acid (the same with milk) isn't entirely good for our bodies...but I am no scientist.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Diet coke does not make people fat and have more wrinkles. There's only one calorie in it. However, diet coke made me more hungry and I ended up eating more and gaining weight. I believe it also contains a lot of sodium, but I could be wrong.

I drank diet coke like it was going out of style and it didn't give me more wrinkles either.

We just cannot believe everything we read. :wink:

Oh, edited to add: I love my diet root beer and Zevia diet cola. My issue is caffeine, so I believe it was the caffeine in the diet coke making me hungry not the artificial sweetener. I've lost my taste for diet coke anyway.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    How many do you drink in a day and how does something with 0 calories lay down fat deposits on your body.

Calories aren't needed to be detrimental to your health

So true. But calories are needed to gain weight.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Not everything I eat and drink has to be for it's nutritional value. Sometimes I eat or drink something just because I like the taste.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Not everything I eat and drink has to be for it's nutritional value. Sometimes I eat or drink something just because I like the taste.

Stop being reasonable and normal please.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Oh my goodness, how could you say something like that? :sad: :bigsmile:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I don't trust the British when it comes to advice on dentistry.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Diet colas have long been regarded as the dieter's friend - but one-calorie fizzy drinks may actually be the reason you can't shift that stubborn spare tyre.
    Some health experts now believe the chemicals in the drink could actually be causing your body to lay down fat deposits around your middle - dubbed 'diet cola belly' - reports Get The Gloss.
    And that's not all: some experts also believe diet cola’s mix of carbonated water, colourings and sweeteners such as aspartame and acesulfame K could also speed up the ageing process, and have disastrous health consequences.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2520746/Why-diet-cola-making-FATTER-WRINKLIER-Low-calorie-drink-blame-spare-tyre-withered-skin.html#ixzz2n4PNxPAy

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yeah, you can totally see my diet cola belly in my profile picture, from drinking 4-6 cans of diet coke a day. Oh wait...

You're my hero. You look amazing and my have a greater love for diet coke than I do!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I lost my hair drinking diet soda:(

^this

...except I didn't even *drink* the stuff, I just looked at it a few times and have since lost my hair.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM DIET SODA!!1!1!eleven!!1
  • moveyourself
    Options
    ha, people can be pretty nasty on these message boards.......... :ohwell: