Coconut Oil vs. Olive Oil

Options
124»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    coconut is a natural anti-fungal which is good if you have issues with fungal infections like candida, yeast. I also find it makes my food less greasy, not that I fry stuff alot, but I like that it doesn't add grease to my food like other oils. It's just a pain to get out of the container so I try and leave it out a awhile before using it so it can soften
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pinktac0
    Options
    all my coco ho-mies!

Ever try oil pulling?

Put 1-2 teaspoons oil into your mouth. Swish the oil for 20 minutes. This will allow the oil to break through the plaque and start reabsorbing the bacteria. First the oil will turn into a thin, white liquid. Then the oil will get thicker and more opaque as it continues to mix with saliva and absorb the toxins. If you find it difficult to swish for 20 minutes at first, that’s ok! Try for 10-15 minutes and then eventually build up to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you’re ready to spit the oil out. It’s very important that you do not swallow the oil—it’s full of toxins! It’s best to spit oil out in a plastic bag or paper towel. Spitting the oil in your sink can clog your pipes.
    Thoroughly rinse your mouth. After spitting the oil out, rinse your mouth out with salt water or apple cider vinegar to make sure all of oil is removed.
    Brush well. This last step will kill any remaining bacteria and ensure your mouth and teeth are clean.
    It’s recommended to make oil pulling part of your daily routine for optimal results. Although any time of day will suffice, experts agree that it is best done in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
  • Wifey7891
    Options
    depends what i'm making. coconut oil is great for making fish. but need olive oil around too. evoo for salad dressing. and flavored olive oils good for chicken. i love rosemary olive oil to bake red potatoes with.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    all my coco ho-mies!

Ever try oil pulling?

Put 1-2 teaspoons oil into your mouth. Swish the oil for 20 minutes. This will allow the oil to break through the plaque and start reabsorbing the bacteria. First the oil will turn into a thin, white liquid. Then the oil will get thicker and more opaque as it continues to mix with saliva and absorb the toxins. If you find it difficult to swish for 20 minutes at first, that’s ok! Try for 10-15 minutes and then eventually build up to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you’re ready to spit the oil out. It’s very important that you do not swallow the oil—it’s full of toxins! It’s best to spit oil out in a plastic bag or paper towel. Spitting the oil in your sink can clog your pipes.
    Thoroughly rinse your mouth. After spitting the oil out, rinse your mouth out with salt water or apple cider vinegar to make sure all of oil is removed.
    Brush well. This last step will kill any remaining bacteria and ensure your mouth and teeth are clean.
    It’s recommended to make oil pulling part of your daily routine for optimal results. Although any time of day will suffice, experts agree that it is best done in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
    Uh, what?
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    all my coco ho-mies!

Ever try oil pulling?

Uh, what?

Yeah, I heard of this before. Actually saw an entire book dedicated to the science behind oil pulling at the library a few days ago, but I had 4 other books in my arms to take home and read - I will read it some day. I'm intrigued. (Yes, I'm a book worm...not only health sciences, all sorts of crap).
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    all my coco ho-mies!

Ever try oil pulling?

Uh, what?

Yeah, I heard of this before. Actually saw an entire book dedicated to the science behind oil pulling at the library a few days ago, but I had 4 other books in my arms to take home and read - I will read it some day. I'm intrigued. (Yes, I'm a book worm...not only health sciences, all sorts of crap).

Oil pulling has been de-bunked as it does nothing.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Butter was good enough for Brando in Last Tango.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    all my coco ho-mies!

Ever try oil pulling?

Uh, what?

Oil pulling has been de-bunked as it does nothing.

Great, happy to learn more about this debunking. Please cite reference of said debunking. I will follow up on it.