Who eats 1500cals a day

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Well. If you don't count breakfast or snacks and ignore half of the food I eat I'd probably count. Maybe.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    1,500, but I invented 'burrito Friday' with myself, and I like red wine and beer.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to get/see some examples of people eating 1500 calls a day. No fast food or chips or candy in the mix though. Thx.

Add me if you like, I believe my diary is closed. I usually eat about 1400 cals a day, and very rarely sweets, candy, or fast food (I do love Wendy's salads occasionally). I did have cream cheese candies the past three days(:blushing:), but that's not the norm for me.
    :huh: :love:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1500 a day, but gotta have my gelato and these homemade soft caramels I made dipped in chocolate well I'm not giving them up. :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    eats 2500 ..and candy …backs out of thread...
    Yep, me too. Sorry OP.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    16500-1650 cut it?
  • Stasha83
    Options
    I'm closer to 1600 but I eat clean apart from 1 cheat meal per week.

Feel free to look at my diary.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Im currently eating between 1400-1700 in an effort to lean out a little but dont want to lose strength so High protein, whereas carbs and fat vary. I generally eat bacon/eggs for breakfast (2 eggs and 1 slice of bacon or 3 slices of bacon), mid morning I have meat, sweet potato and veg. Lunch is similar (sometimes fish). Mid afternoon is meat or fish and fruit. Dinner is meat/fish and sweet potato or rice (Im gf due to IBS).
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1450-1550 and aim for 120-140 grams protein.
    . I think my diary is open.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Today was day 1 for me trying carbnite eating plan. The rule is 30-40g of carbs a day for first 10 day's. Today I ate 39g consumed 1022 cals and believe it or not and email me to tell me I'm damaging my body, but I am so full, I have never felt this full before... its one day at a time and after 10 day's I get a carb day. After 5pm I can eat carbs. Then I go a week back to 30-40g then carbnite!!! Before this I was losing weight on 1680 cals a day... but this eating plan is designed to kick start metabolism... maybe a gimmick but its Christmas I don't really have anything to lose anyway, if I can work. Christmas into my carb day then kudos to me
  • caralien
    caralien Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Normally, 3500 calories/day; while dieting, 2000-2500 calories/day. I'm 5'4", a size 0, 41 years old, and have 2 kids, one who just started walking. Very little fast food, chips, or candy during the week, on the weekends I eat whatever I want, including candy; I usually have a scoop of local ice cream daily as well as wine. If you're not losing weight, it's because you need to exercise--add weights & strength training to increase your metabolism. Eat real food, but don't deny yourself something you crave, just don't eat an entire pint of ice cream, a bag of candy, or chips.

The only reason I started tracking again is that my skinny jeans got tight after Thanksgiving in the South (lots of fried chicken and fish), plus a long SCUBA diving weekend in St. Lucia, where I drank my weight in Piton beer, daily.

I eat a lot of cauliflower, kale, apples, & eggs when on a diet.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Today was day 1 for me trying carbnite eating plan. The rule is 30-40g of carbs a day for first 10 day's. Today I ate 39g consumed 1022 cals and believe it or not and email me to tell me I'm damaging my body, but I am so full, I have never felt this full before... its one day at a time and after 10 day's I get a carb day. After 5pm I can eat carbs. Then I go a week back to 30-40g then carbnite!!! Before this I was losing weight on 1680 cals a day... but this eating plan is designed to kick start metabolism... maybe a gimmick but its Christmas I don't really have anything to lose anyway, if I can work. Christmas into my carb day then kudos to me

Feeling full is not the same as getting proper nutrition and enough calories to fuel your body.

Obviously that's not what your concerned with though, you're just concerned with dropping pounds faster, so, carry on.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest - what does "candy" entail?? As in, sweeties, or chocolate?
  • johan1585
    johan1585 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i eat about 1400-1600 cals a day for my pre christmas resolution no candy no cookies only clean foods
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I eat 1470 cals a day. I do eat chocolate, cookies and other little things now and then. Deprivation of the things I Crave makes me binge so I do add little things in there now and then as long as I keep it under my calorie count.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Don't look at mine...I make room for chips, candy, cookies and fast food...sorry.

I suppose you could look add more yogurt/fruit and dismiss the "bad" food...hehe
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Me! Have to admit there may be candy and wine in the mix sometimes tho.........
  • Kelly_106
    Options
    I eat more than 1400 cals a day, with healthy food sometimes, although I sometimes I find to little.
    I eat oatmeal, fruits, meat, fish, yogurt, integral crackers, vegetables, flaxseeds, cashews, peanuts, peanut butter,.... Sometimes I eat chocolate (I try to eat black chocolate). I normaly use the 80/20 rule.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 plus exercise calories but I also eat fast food 3x a week or so, and right now I'm obsessed with chocolate covered almonds so that leaves me out :sad: .
  • suecares717
    Options
    Can only lose when having under 1300 a day. It really is a lot of food, just the right kind of food. Cannot exercise much due to arthritis in knees. No cravings for candy, or alcohol maybe due to age, the cold weather does leave me craving "comfort" food!