Poll: What running shoes do you wear?

Options
I wear Saucony Guide 6. I absolutely love them and when I hit 500 miles, I'll probably get another pair.

What do you wear? :)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    vibrams
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I used to wear Brooks, but now I wear Nike Zoom+ and I really like them!
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Merrell Bare Access for the gym and Ascend Gloves on the trail -- both are super lightweight, very comfortable, and have vibram soles but don't look as absolutely ridiculous as those toe shoes :)
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Asics
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I am doing.

Brooks Ravenna 4 for long runs when it's dry (they are pretty new)
    Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 for long runs when it's raining (they are older and been through the slop)
    Puma Mobium Elite for speedwork
    ASICS Fuji Racers for short trail runs or wet trail runs
    Montrail Bajada for longer trail runs or rockier trails
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    NB's
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I am doing.

Brooks Ravenna 4 for long runs when it's dry (they are pretty new)
    Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 for long runs when it's raining (they are older and been through the slop)
    Puma Mobium Elite for speedwork
    ASICS Fuji Racers for short trail runs or wet trail runs
    Montrail Bajada for longer trail runs or rockier trails

Wow I wish I had that many shoes for each type of run, but my husband would hate me lol.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I rotate Brooks Trance and Adrenalines for my everyday trainer
    Mizuno Wave Ekiden racing flats
    Zoot Ultra Racer 3.0 for triathlons
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 pair rotation because I have a small running shoe fetish. Vibrams, Merrill gloves & Inov-8 f-lites.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish I had that many shoes for each type of run, but my husband would hate me lol.

Well, it's a good thing my wife is also a runner. But not really a good thing for our bank account! That's not even all the running shoes I own. My wife has even more!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I currently have two pairs of Kinvara and a set of Virrata in rotation; I plan on picking up some Merrel Mix Masters after the holidays.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've been running for the last 5 or 6 years using Asics Gel Nimbus (various iterations)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wear Saucony Guide 6. I absolutely love them and when I hit 500 miles, I'll probably get another pair.

What do you wear? :)

I think this is what I have, too. Not sure how much I like them.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've been rotating between Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 and Mizuno Wave Rider 16 for a couple of months.

I'm waiting for Vibram Fivefingers to come in the mail any day now. Can't wait to try those out and I'm hoping I'll be able to gradually switch to them!
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Saucony or Asics...whichever I find that fits me the most comfortably, with the most cushion, at the time I need new ones.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Brooks Pure Cadence. I like that they're light, but supportive, but they are a very snug fit,which I don't always love. I'm thinking of going back to Brooks Trance, but I've only ever run a mile here and therein those, never when I started taking my running more seriously. I also have a pair of Asics I use for walking that I like,but I didn't love them the time I tried to run. In them. Perhaps a more supportive pair of Asics.
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I rotate between Asics or the Brooks Pure Cadence 2. Just got the Brooks and loving them so far with about 60 miles on them in the past 15 days.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wear New Balances for my long runs, but I am trying to build up muscles for running in minimalist shoes. I have Vibram FiveFingers Bikila and Merrell Run Trail Glove.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I wear the Saucony Guide 6 also. I love them! Although when I last got fitted, it was a toss up between those and a pair of Brooks. I've read recently though, that you should have at least 2 different brands/models in your rotation to help prevent injury....so I'll probably get my next pair a little early (ie after 200-250 miles), and then alternate :smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ravenna, though I prefer the Adreanaline I think - ran on it for 10 years before switching. Gonna switch back I think.

I also run short runs on Brooks PureFlow and trail runs/OCRs on Brooks Cascadias.

I've tried running in my Vibrams but don't like to so I just use those for lifting and kickboxing.