Poll: What running shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nike..not sure on the style. Very comfy indoor shoe.
  • mmazelev
    Options
    Vibram 5's :)
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Brooks, now, I used to just grab whatever was on sale but My knees kept hurting and my Boss (who's an avid runner) told me "Get good shoes, you wouldn't put bald tires on a Cadillac"

So I went to my local running store and they did a free scan of my feet, then took a video of me running on the treadmill, gave me some shoe options and even pointed out that the ones I needed were 50% off if I didn't mind Red :laugh:

I love my Brooks :smile:
  • mmazelev
    Options
    I have them and love them :)
    just a heads up, because you run differently in them, you'll feel it in different places! My shins really hurt the first couple times I used it. I like to switch these up and occasionally wear my sneakers too, makes me feel like I'm working more muscles!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Not a big runner but when I get a wild hair and do so I always wear Nikes
  • ryanbell10
    ryanbell10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Saucony Guide 6 here too and Saucony Progrid Exodus 3.0 on the trails.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Merrell for outdoor, Brooke pureconnect for indoor
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    New Balance 990. Good support for my weight and wider than other brands for my feet.

Whatever works best for each person though!
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    vibrams

I used to wear those running. I have the 5 finger ones and I screwed my foot up because I'm a toe-striker.

I wear Brooks. I forget the model but the type of shoe that it is is what I was fitted for. I like them.
  • greengold
    greengold Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I assume you are asking because you are planning to buy a pair - it's very individual. If they are for running, especially, go to a real running store (not a big chain like ****s or Olympia Sports) and have them evaluate your gait and make suggestions that are based on your feet and gait. That could make the difference between injury and happy running. If it's just for a mix of gym workouts, get whatever suits your fancy!

For myself - Asics GT2170, no longer made and the replacement GT2000 are not the same - at least I bought an extra pair! Also fell in love with Newtons - quite pricey but for me they are awesome - wear for races and long runs - increased speed and much quicker recovery
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    New Balance minimus 20v3
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Brooks for pavement. Hokas for trail. Head to a specialty shop where they can analyze your gait and get you fitted properly.
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Asics gel something or other... the only ones I wear!
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    New Balance V3 860's. Plenty of support for a fat guy like me
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Cumulus 14

They're being discontinued :sad: I have a wide foot and I hear the 15's are narrower so I'm not sure what I'll try next.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Ascis DS Trainers for everyday
    want to get a pair of DS Racers for next year races.

DS Trainers aren't as good as my old DS Sky Speeds, but they don't make them any more :( .
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I assume you are asking because you are planning to buy a pair - it's very individual. If they are for running, especially, go to a real running store (not a big chain like ****s or Olympia Sports) and have them evaluate your gait and make suggestions that are based on your feet and gait. That could make the difference between injury and happy running. If it's just for a mix of gym workouts, get whatever suits your fancy!

For myself - Asics GT2170, no longer made and the replacement GT2000 are not the same - at least I bought an extra pair! Also fell in love with Newtons - quite pricey but for me they are awesome - wear for races and long runs - increased speed and much quicker recovery

I'm just asking for the fun of it - I like to see the variety of people's preferences. I got my gait analyzed last year and that's what my running store picked out. I used to wear Brooks, but they screwed my feet up at 6+ miles runs.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Newton Running
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Mine are Mizunos and I love them.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Brooks for pavement. Hokas for trail. Head to a specialty shop where they can analyze your gait and get you fitted properly.
    Just don't always trust them just remember they are trying to sell you something and the only training they have had is probably 10 minutes by the rep selling them the analysis machine. It's useful information but they don't always get the analysis correct or recomend totally inappropriate shoes. Use some common sense

As for me I like asics they work well for me,