Poll: What running shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Had my first shoe fitting a few weeks ago and ended up with Brooks GTS. So far so good. However I was running in Nike Reax and really don't feel too much difference. I think the Brooks is a bit lighter.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Asics Kayanos
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I always rotate (every other run) different shoes. I found the two shoes below work best for me. I had really bad plantar fasciitis before. I have custom made orthodics I wear in my everyday shoes. My shoes now I utilize in the rotation are
    New Balance 940
    Brooks Addiction or Brooks Beast

If the past I did Nike, Asics, and Saucony. I'm a bit of a Clydesdale type running. I found the shoes above last forever by far the longest for me and give me no troubles.
  • Maccbow
    Maccbow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nike Pegasus 30 for running only.... take them off the moment I'm done running... don't even go put the wash in the dryer without taking them off...

The rest of the time it's New Balance NB running 540.... those are my "everyday" shoes.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    new balance
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    asics but i am not loyal to anyone
  • doodlecakes_07
    doodlecakes_07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Brooks Pureflow 2
    Mizuno waverider 16
    Brooks Ghost 5

I use the Mizunos for shorter runs, and the Brooks for longer easier runs. I love all of my running shoes.
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Creation for anything up to 15 km & Asic's Gel Nimbus anything over (don't like these but can't find anything else either). So :sad: that the only Hoka's I like that my running shop stocks fit my feet like *kitten*.. Trying the other side of town this weekend, soooo comfy (apart from the blisters cos I can't get them tight enough)...
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Vibram FiveFingers. I love them so much. I usually rotate two pairs at a time, but I just retired my last two pairs (which I had for two years), and I've only bought one pair to replace them. I'm planning on buying another pair soon, but I don't know what model to buy, since my last two were the same and this time I want to spice things up a bit :) So far, I've only used the Women's Sprint, but I'm thinking of adding the Bikila LS to my collection, since it snows here once in a while.
  • mclovingirl86
    mclovingirl86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wear Mizuno Wave Rider for running. I would be interested if anyone could suggest a lighter shoe for treadmill running though.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ravenna
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Newton's. the best. they help you manage your gait so you don't heel plant. like a bio feedback shoe really.
  • mclovingirl86
    Options
    Hi guys, the reason I ask is that I love my Mizuno Wave Riders but find them to be to heavy for shorter treadmill running. Is there a shoes that people use for short treadmill running? My feet tend to roll in.
  • mclovingirl86
    Options
    cool, thanks for the tip.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I wear Starters from WalMart, $20 a pop. They last about six months of 20k-30k/week running.
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Altras. They have a wide toe box zero drop and a lot of cushion. I love them.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Newton's. the best. they help you manage your gait so you don't heel plant. like a bio feedback shoe really.

The heel striking thing as being really bad for you is pretty much a newton created myth. I've seen plenty of their own runners hitting the heel fairly hard and running 32 min 10k's.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    La Sportiva. Either the Helios or the Quantum, depending on terrain.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I am naughty and have hand me down shoes but they are Asics, need to get fitted and save up from some best for me. But the Asics seem pretty good.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Merrell Bare Access Arc 2. I love these. I've had plantar fasciitis for years-tried everything to get rid of it. Finally decided to try a barefoot shoe. (Started with Vibrams, but my little toes would go numb from being separated.) So far, so good with these. The PF isn't entirely solved, but I can run with little to no additional pain.