Poll: What running shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Been a die-hard Asics Nimbus fan for 2+ yrs...but just bought a pair of Newton Running (Gravity) and Oesha shoes this week...interesting technology.

Anyone else run in those brands?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Asics somethings for longer runs, New Balance Minimus for shorter runs.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    New Balance
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mizuno, they make a great lightweight trail shoe.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Vibrams or nothing (when I can)

8 pairs & counting, all in rotation (even the first set of classics from 3 years ago - Shoe Goop works wonders!)
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Brooks (by fitting, and I love them). They are not cute.
    But for looks... I would choose another brand if that was all I cared about.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Saucony
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    New Balance. They weren't my favorite looks-wise but the comfort can't be beat!
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    VFFs, Merrel Road Glove and Trail Glove, Chuck Taylors.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Asic Gel Lyte for road, Brooks Cascadia for the trail. Plus I still have some of my old shoes, Mizuno, Brooks, and Asics, to bum around in.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am a shoe *kitten*:

Tsubo (I don't really recommend these - I have just been wearing them for quick jaunts)
    Merrell
    Reebok (I find the most comfortable for walking and have 2 pair)
    Vibrams (I had to buy some of because I really wanted to see the appeal - I must say they are extremely comfortable but I bought them solely for home workouts)
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    New Balance.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Merrell Road Gloves and New Balance MT00 are the current rotation. Love the MR00 as well ... wore my last pair out.
  • crrampersad
    crrampersad Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised how many of you even know the model of shoes you're wearing. I don't

In the gym I wear New Balance - cross trainers.
    On the soccer field I wear Adidas (indoor and outdoor models)
    For running I stick with Adidas, the model is one of the ones that compensates for my over-pronation.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline (models 9-14). Recently tried a Saucony Progrid Omni 11 last fall on the recommendation of a running store guy and I like them. A little lighter than the Adrenaline, maybe a little less support, but both great shoes.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    New Balance Minimus
  • Visions1970
    Visions1970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus for road and New Balance for trail.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have Salomon Speedcross 3s for cold-weather running (I got the water-resistant kind since I often run on or in snow and/or slush). I mostly run on woods trails and dirt roads, so they are perfect-- though I'm having a hard time not wearing them everywhere since they are sooo comfortable. Very very expensive though!

For summer running, I wear Merrell glove shoes (the "barefoot" shoes without the funny looking toes) or Salomon light hiking/trail running shoes. The Salomon trail running shoes are also my Zumba shoes since I can't justify having more than 2 pairs of padded sneakers and one of my Merrell shoes has gone missing.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Another for Vibrams Five Fingers.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I started using Newtons after I ditched my first running shoe which was the Nike Equalon. That was the wrong shoe for me because I was then a forefoot striker but the sales rep saw a tall, heavy wannabe runner and assumed that I needed all that padding underfoot (we did a video of me on the treadmill but she must have disregarded it).

The Newton I started with was the Sir Isaac but I've settled on their Gravity model. The biggest issues for me were that the Gravity is a neutral shoe, it's low drop, and I love how Newtons fit.

What I don't like is the price. They're silly stupid expensive but I do get a lot of miles out of them and, fortunately, they're on sale right now for about $100 so I'm going to stock up on them while they're "cheap".

After my race in October, I tried the Kinvarra and the amount of cushion was striking. Unfortunately, after running in them a few times since then, I've had pain in the tibialis anterior muscle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibialis_anterior_muscle) in my right leg. Very strange that it would hit me on just one side in one specific muscle but my guess is that the amount of cushion in the Kinvarra is enough to cause me to change my gait and that brings on something that could became an injury.