Nutella. Is this real life?

Options
I bought a 13 oz jar of Nutella today because I was bored with peanut butter. And it's UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY.

Made 5 sandwiches and ate the rest with a spoon straight out of the jar.

Question : How do you handle Nutella? :bigsmile:

Replies

• CarmineDeMarco
    CarmineDeMarco Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Use it very sparingly, LOL
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I try to remind myself that I might as well be eating frosting, and whip some of that up instead, lol.
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Use it very sparingly, LOL

CAN'T. I guess I'll just stick with pb. :(
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I bought a 13 oz jar of Nutella today because I was bored with peanut butter. And it's UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY.

Good morning Sir,

In discovering Nutella, you have also found what is quite a slippery slope. First it starts with a little on a cracker. Then, you're incorporating into dessert dishes. For awhile you like to delude yourself into thinking it's a special treat by serving hundreds of grams to yourself in nice ceramic ramekins and garnished highball glasses. The next thing you know, you're in an alley somewhere doing something you never thought you'd do just to buy another jar.

Stop now, while there's still time.

Sincerely,
    The Internet
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i buy single serving pots as a treat... nutella is DELICIOUS!!!

peanut butter is mostly just peanut (if you get the good stuff) so from a nutritional point of view its better.... but nutella is DELICIOUS!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I usually use a knife.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    you should try cookie butter. best and worst discovery ive ever made!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options

That just sounds dangerous. I have a distinct lack of self control around both peanut butter & Nutella. Im weak for the creamy goodness.
  • Paula038
    Paula038 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bought some, had a bit on half a slice of toast, logged the 100 calories, and realized that I didn't have the willpower to have the stuff in the house. Gave it to the (really happy) kids to take to their house!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter is heaven. I miss having a nearby Trader Joe's so much.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    never tried it.

cookie butter is my nutella.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter is heaven. I miss having a nearby Trader Joe's so much.

you can get the Biscoff spread too! it bothers my stomach like crazy though for some reason but its delicious
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I use Justin's Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread because it's lower in sugar and doesn't have dairy :) I love adding a half tablespoon to my oatmeal for dessert with strawberries and banana slices!
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Put some in between pillsbury crescent rolls, instant dessert deliciousness in 10 minutes.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    By planning to move to Chicago.

1507826_10150423161074945_815631962_n.jpg
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have a great Nutella story:

Back a few summers ago my friends and I went overnight camping 2 nights in Yosemite National Park. Anyways, I was still super chunky back then and really wanted to eat some Nutella. We were fortunate to find some in the park general store. Anways, food in Yosemite has to be stored in big iron food lockers because there are bear roaming all over the park. If you store any food in your car, the bears generally break the door of the car and eat the food.

So, our food locker was right next to our tent, say about 5-10 feet away. I put my Nutella in the locker and we got ready to go to sleep. Our tent was a little small for 3 grown men, but we managed to kind of fit in it. Sometime around 2-3 AM, we weren't sure when, we started hearing sniffing and growling sounds outside of our tent. Then we started hearing BOOM BOOOM BOOM as a bear started slamming himself on our food locker. About a minute after this happened, we heard park rangers comes screaming "HEY BEAR HEY BEAR HEY BEAR" while flashing lights at it to scare it away. The bear kept slamming on my Nutella safe and then finally ran away.

Lesson learned: 1)Nutella is bears favorite food. Do not keep Nutella around you if you are going to be camping out with the bears.
    2) Three grown men in a small tent is the funniest thing ever when there is a huge-*kitten* hungry bear outside.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Wow, that good huh? I've never tried it.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Wow, that good huh? I've never tried it.

Me either-I have a jar in the cupboard-bought it for my kids for school lunches and none of them liked it :huh:
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    I have a great Nutella story:

Back a few summers ago my friends and I went overnight camping 2 nights in Yosemite National Park. Anyways, I was still super chunky back then and really wanted to eat some Nutella. We were fortunate to find some in the park general store. Anways, food in Yosemite has to be stored in big iron food lockers because there are bear roaming all over the park. If you store any food in your car, the bears generally break the door of the car and eat the food.

So, our food locker was right next to our tent, say about 5-10 feet away. I put my Nutella in the locker and we got ready to go to sleep. Our tent was a little small for 3 grown men, but we managed to kind of fit in it. Sometime around 2-3 AM, we weren't sure when, we started hearing sniffing and growling sounds outside of our tent. Then we started hearing BOOM BOOOM BOOM as a bear started slamming himself on our food locker. About a minute after this happened, we heard park rangers comes screaming "HEY BEAR HEY BEAR HEY BEAR" while flashing lights at it to scare it away. The bear kept slamming on my Nutella safe and then finally ran away.

Lesson learned: 1)Nutella is bears favorite food. Do not keep Nutella around you if you are going to be camping out with the bears.
    2) Three grown men in a small tent is the funniest thing ever when there is a huge-*kitten* hungry bear outside.

:)
  • Razz_Baby
    Razz_Baby Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's not allowed in my house anymore. My daughter will eat a whole jar in one sitting. And then I'm mad because I didn't get any.

Once you discover nutella mug cake it is all down hill from there.