Nutella. Is this real life?

Replies

• beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    I have NEVER tried Nutella! Maybe I am missing out! :sad:
  • I would give my right arm for some nutella right now.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I want to rub my body all over with nutella and let people lick it off me.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    I simply refuse to buy it. If it's in my house I make peanutbutter nutella bananas and there is just no excuse for that.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Peanut Butter Nutella Pie of course. I made that for Thanksgiving and omg HEAVEN!!!!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Am I the weird one that's never tried this?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member

DON'T DO IT!

Nutella will take everything you are and leave you a trembling shell.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    I avoid it so i do not get addicted to it. From what I hear it is like crack. Once you start you cant stop till container is empty.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I bought a 13 oz jar of Nutella today because I was bored with peanut butter. And it's UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY.

Made 5 sandwiches and ate the rest with a spoon straight out of the jar.

Question : How do you handle Nutella? :bigsmile:

I tend to handle Nutella pretty much the way you've described...therefore I don't buy it. ;)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    It is delicious, but not addicting to me! I use only half or one tablespoon between toast and thats about it.I mix almond butter from whole foods with it and its yummy! But i dont see myself addicted to it.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    It is candy.
    It's milk chocolate. Not a nut butter, not good calories like a nut butter...........................but..............................oh so delicious and one of my very favorite things. I have not had any for almost two years.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I bought a 13 oz jar of Nutella today because I was bored with peanut butter. And it's UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY.

When the jar is almost empty and you can't get much out put ice cream in the jar. Make brownies out of it...

I have it in my house but personally have never eaten it...does not appeal to me...but this is what my son and husband does with it....
  • SezxyStef

nope I haven't either...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Giada's "Nutella Ravioli" recipe. Tablespoon of nutella. Put in wonton wrapper. Repeat. Fry or bake at 375F until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

You're welcome.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member

DON'T DO IT!

Nutella will take everything you are and leave you a trembling shell.

I'm fine with peanut butter. :smile:
  • I bought a 13 oz jar of Nutella today because I was bored with peanut butter. And it's UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY.

Good morning Sir,

In discovering Nutella, you have also found what is quite a slippery slope. First it starts with a little on a cracker. Then, you're incorporating into dessert dishes. For awhile you like to delude yourself into thinking it's a special treat by serving hundreds of grams to yourself in nice ceramic ramekins and garnished highball glasses. The next thing you know, you're in an alley somewhere doing something you never thought you'd do just to buy another jar.

Stop now, while there's still time.

Sincerely,
    The Internet

^^^ this my whole family is addicted to the stuff when a jar appears in my kitchen usually I don't have to worry about avoiding it as one of my kids will demolish 75-100% with the other finishing any remainder moaning loudly about the unfairness of life that they didn't discover it first. If I ever get a look in all self control goes out the window, and I only stop if caught in the act by OH.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    I never tried it and from these posts, I have no desire to be addicted.
  • I have a great Nutella story:

Back a few summers ago my friends and I went overnight camping 2 nights in Yosemite National Park. Anyways, I was still super chunky back then and really wanted to eat some Nutella. We were fortunate to find some in the park general store. Anways, food in Yosemite has to be stored in big iron food lockers because there are bear roaming all over the park. If you store any food in your car, the bears generally break the door of the car and eat the food.

So, our food locker was right next to our tent, say about 5-10 feet away. I put my Nutella in the locker and we got ready to go to sleep. Our tent was a little small for 3 grown men, but we managed to kind of fit in it. Sometime around 2-3 AM, we weren't sure when, we started hearing sniffing and growling sounds outside of our tent. Then we started hearing BOOM BOOOM BOOM as a bear started slamming himself on our food locker. About a minute after this happened, we heard park rangers comes screaming "HEY BEAR HEY BEAR HEY BEAR" while flashing lights at it to scare it away. The bear kept slamming on my Nutella safe and then finally ran away.

Lesson learned: 1)Nutella is bears favorite food. Do not keep Nutella around you if you are going to be camping out with the bears.
    2) Three grown men in a small tent is the funniest thing ever when there is a huge-*kitten* hungry bear outside.

Great story! Would've loved to see your faces during all that!!
  • SezxyStef
    Giada's "Nutella Ravioli" recipe. Tablespoon of nutella. Put in wonton wrapper. Repeat. Fry or bake at 375F until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

You're welcome.

My son and husband will love you....I have to try this.