100+ lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• ItsTimeCharlie
    ItsTimeCharlie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I could really use some friends, I have none lol. My goal is to loose 53.5lbs. I started properly for what feels like the millionth time...tonight. :D...My brain is telling me I'm starving...good times, goodluck to everyone, it's a long hard road x
  • MaryGrace1965
    MaryGrace1965 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mary but my friends call me Penny. I love, love, love MFP and the friends that I have found that motivate and inspire me. I am 48 years old, married for 27 1/2 years, have one son who is 25 and two dogs, boxers, Joe and Jasper. I have lost a bit but still have over 100 pounds to lose. I am on a journey to change my life style. NOT a diet. That is a four letter word to me. My motto is, "ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE MEAL, ONE POUND AT A TIME. THAT'S HOW I HAVE TO DO IT!!" I try not to look at the big picture at this point because when you have a lot of weight to loss it can become overwhelming. Well for me anyway. So...I try my best to live that motto. You can do this!!!! Feel free to add me if you would like. It's a great place with great people. Have a wonderful day!
  • HisMandy
    Options
    Me me I am!!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me , I have lost 50 and have another 60 + to go
  • nurse892012
    Options
    My name is Ashley. I'm 24 years old and I have 100+ lbs to lose. It hurts to admit this... Since High school, my main focus has always been education. I wasn't over weight in high school (i guess by bmi standards i was by 20-30lbs). I ignored my physical needs. I'm a night shift RN on a cardiac unit. EVERYDAY I see what I will become if I don't change my lifestyle. Today I am starting Atkins with my boyfriend of 5 years. We have been on diets before, but never followed through because we simply did not change our lifestyles. It's different this time. This time, it seems more dire. My boyfriend will be turing 29 in a couple of weeks and it's hitting him hard that he's going to be 30 in a year and STILL 100+lbs over weight. We offer each other a lot of support, but we are too forgiving to each other. I know Atkins has a bad connotation, but I feel it's a great solution. My dad is a diabetic and if he'd counted carbs in his 20's and exercised at all, he would probably not be having the issues that he's having 20 years later. I'm open to suggestions. My meals will consist of A LOT of leafy greens, fish and chicken. Also, I'll be drinking lots of water and eating every 4-5 hours- up to 6 hrs but not any longer while awake.

I can't tell you how embarrassed I an that I've let it get this bad. I'm a nurse for godsakes... i know what to do (for the most part).

Thank you for listening and supporting.
  • zej2610
    zej2610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 years old and I need to lose 112 pounds. I'm very frustrated and really angry with myself for letting it get this bad. I haven't been under 200 pounds since 2000. My weight has caused health issues and now my doctor is concerned that in addition to sleep apnea, joint pain, and irregular heartbeats that I may end up with type 2 diabetes.

Said all of this to say ... you can count me in ...
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started last year with 150ish to lose...I've lost 76 this year. Feel free to add me :)
  • Uzoh
    Uzoh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal when I joined in April was to lose 180lbs, I have lost 87 so far and I am hoping 2014 sees me at my goal weight. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other along the way.
  • velvetwing69
    Options
    I would love to make some friends on here as well! I have a 100lb goal *sigh*
  • Jaegee817
    Jaegee817 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined a while ago but life got I the way! I need to learn a new lifestyle so it becomes second nature like breathing! Can use all the support I can get!
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP about 3 months and still have about 100 lbs to lose. I've found a wonderful support group here and I'm always happy to meet new people. Anyone who's interested may feel free to add me. :smile:
  • newbeginnings06
    newbeginnings06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here.. add me. I need friends to motivate me.Im a mother of 4 and i gained 30 pounds on each child. Now the weight doesnt come off. This year ended with the doctor saying "you need to lose weigjt" i see him in 6 months so help me lose some pounds!!! welcoming 2014 with new goals and new friends
  • findinglessjess
    Options
    Bump
  • LadyJorganna
    Options
    Hi,
    I am looking to lose 104 pounds myself.
  • Starr521
    Options
    I'm trying this again. I need some friends to help keep me on track. My ultimate goal is to lose 150+. But for this first week my goal is to increase my water intake and to log my food daily. Please feel free to friend me.
    I know we can do this together.
  • blackmax78
    blackmax78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    another ditto 200+ lbs goal
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I too, have a 100 lbs I want to lose! Add me if you'd like! :)
  • meankeen
    meankeen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    good to see you all working guys, keep it up. you can add me for any kind of advice about food, working out, nutrition, etc.
  • GetFit4Life13
    GetFit4Life13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs to lose as well. feel free to add me :)
  • Frady_Kat
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose! Anyone can send me a friend request! :) I'm kinda new here, the more the merrier!