annoyed by even having a body at this point

Replies

• Anyone else take a very long time to lose any inches or change size, even though they lost pounds steadily?

ME!!! ME!! I don't think I'll ever change sizes! Saves money on buying new clothes though. Everything I have from before I started still fits perfectly.

Oof, that's one of the reasons I'm feeling frustrated right now. I just bought a couple new coats yesterday and I hoped to be able to go down one size (same brand and style of coat as my old one, which had gotten torn and needed replacing)--nope, not happening.

I do wish I could find some of my old "health logs" from high school gym so I could figure out, say, what size I was wearing when I was 260, 240, 220 lbs and compare. It's hard to compare my body to other people because my body shape is semi-unusual at my weight and it's hard to figure out what size I "should" be based on measurements online because, for example, my bust, waist, and hip size will each "match" with a different # size on charts.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I don't have any advice but I've also been very frustrated lately for the same reasons. I'm sorry you're feeling like that and I hope you find your answers.
  • Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    Don't get discouraged! You're doing so well.

Sometimes because we look at ourselves every single day we don't see the differences. People were telling me "oh you've lost weight" and here I was still the same size and couldn't notice it myself.

Just because one measurement (eg, your face might get smaller, your waist might shrink) is losing, this doesn't translate all the time to change in clothes size. I know for me, for instance, my waist has gotten small, but I've still got a big butt and curvy hips to contend with so my bottoms haven't shrunk too much.

Realistically, it took me 26kg (57lbs for all you Americans lol) to really notice a difference and noticeably be able to buy smaller sizes consistently. Everyone's body is different though.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Im not sure of your body weight but just looking at your Food Diary it looks like you can improve on certain foods so you can start eating less calories. How much are you working out? I dont see that added in either. Also is there a reason why you are eating so late? Even though I read that you can eat late as long as its in your calorie goal and youll burn off some that the next day as long as you exercise...maybe perhaps some healthier food choices?

She's lost 30 lbs since November, I don't think she needs to eat less calories.

OP you're doing great. Keep it up and try not to get discouraged. I'll bet you're losing fat from places that are not being measured. I know I lean out on top first and then it makes its way down.

30 pounds since August, actually (I'd be pretty weirded out if I lost 30 lbs in a month, I think.) Thanks for the encouragement!

Perhaps more servings of fruits and veggies that you like, I see that you do eat them but maybe not enough to keep you full....Nuts and seeds as well will help if not maybe peanut butter or almond butter....I see you track your fiber but I didnt really look at your protein but maybe more protein based foods as well?

You did a good job at loosing the 30 lbs and I understand that you stalled and frustrated. I stalled as well back in Nov and I did loose those extra few lbs but I havent been able to check my weight this past week as my scale isnt working right now and I dont trust those old mechanical ones. Do you like to try new foods? Like new grains
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Keep it up. You're just frustrated that the weight is coming off slowly but that is the right way to do it. You'll get there
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Maybe you could think of this in the opposite direction. This means that you when you gained the final 30 pounds you didn't go up in clothing size. That is what allowed you to gain that 30 lbs. without noticing. Now you are aware and you are doing something about it! Keep going and so that you can fit into those smaller jackets and then throw away their larger versions, vowing to never go back!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Did anyone suggest pics yet?:smile:

progress pics in a sports bra from the front side and back...flexed and unflexed.

i bet we would see a difference.

if you arent, start taking them NOW.:flowerforyou:
  • Did anyone suggest pics yet?:smile:

progress pics in a sports bra from the front side and back...flexed and unflexed.

I have some pictures but they're pretty poor quality (1 full-length mirror in the apartment and no light near it,) so it's hard to tell subtle changes like bra-bulge. I *can* hook my bra on the inner, rather than the middle, set of hooks now. I guess I just have to cling to the small differences for now.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I didn't go down a pants size until I lost 25 pounds and then a few weeks later I went down another pants size. It too forever to happen but when it did it happened fast and all at once. Stay patient. Don't give up. It will happen.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

I have some pictures but they're pretty poor quality (1 full-length mirror in the apartment and no light near it,) so it's hard to tell subtle changes like bra-bulge. I *can* hook my bra on the inner, rather than the middle, set of hooks now. I guess I just have to cling to the small differences for now.

Definitely start taking some good pictures. Try to do the same outfit (for as long as possible), the same pose, same angle, etc. Get it as close as possible, and that will allow you to see subtle changes.

I thought I'd made no progress since May because my weight and measurements were the same (I've been recomping, so not really trying to lose weight but trying to improve my body fat percentage). But looking at the pictures I can see definite changes.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Also is there a reason why you are eating so late? Even though I read that you can eat late as long as its in your calorie goal and youll burn off some that the next day as long as you exercise...

just want to mention that meal timing means nothing. and you don't have to "burn it off the next day." It's about total number of calories consumed. I LOVE to eat at night, usually save a lot of calories for the latter part of the day, and often eat right before bed.
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Hang in there; nobody notice my weight loss until I had lost about 45 pounds.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

yes because SUDDENLY you will see change and be like okkkkkkkkkkk this is working.

keep on keepin on.

wanna see a picture of me when I started? and then a pic after losing about 45 pounds...my profile picture.
    47819967_2825.jpg47819967_4225.jpg
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member

That's not small. I remember how long it took to move my hooks in. I also remember when I had to start adding hooks (and buy bigger sizes) and didn't care. You are so awesome for taking action NOW! Be proud of that!
  • Hi. I also have 100+ lbs to lose from my body. I lost over 190 lbs once the wrong way. I tried to become a fitness master of the universe, did a million different exercises...and went through the whole roller coaster ride of frustration and glee. Glee when I saw the scale changing, frustration when people didn't seem to notice...especially when I didn't seem to notice.

I lost 48lbs so far this time around and I lost one size. You're not alone. I think people tend to crack under constant scrutiny even when it's only their own. If you're constantly examining yourself even obsessing over the appearance aspect of weight loss in some ways it can be counterproductive and very stressful.

All we can do is take a deep breath and ask ourselves every day: Are we making good choices for our health and well being? Are we prioritizing the right things for the right reason? I find imagining myself as a best friend who really needs to be cared for properly works well.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member

That was the first place I seemed to lose weight from....the under bust. It's actually a really nice change, if you think about it. Less of you squishing out of there makes a big difference in how clothes look on you.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    It didn't take a month to gain the weight, so it won't take a month to lose it either. Seriously though, I'd kill to lose 30 lbs in a month; you should feel VERY blessed. Never become too discouraged because that's when you lose your focus and bad things happen. Stay consistent and keep going forward.

It's taken me 8 months to drop 74 lbs, and that's after going through an EXTREME change in my entire lifestyle. It's only gotten harder to drop weight the lower I've got, but I hear that's how it usually is. Prepare yourself for that when the time comes.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Yep. I'm wearing the same clothes and have received no unsolicited comments...I just see a lower number on the scale and my goal is still a long way off. But I think of it like driving from one coast to another - you're gonna have to pass through a lot of crappy little towns along the way. It's an unavoidable part of the process. I just wish I didn't have to stop in each town for so long. :laugh:
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Oh honey, i feel your pain. This wasn't mentioned so ill say it. I started at 278.2, last weigh in 212.4lb & im 5'4".

It took a while for me to lose my highest size to the point i couldn't wear with a belt. Maybe 40lbs BUT i realized why. When I started i was *stretching* those 22/24s. I probably could've easily fit a size higher but my pants stretched *almost* to the breaking point. I still wore my 22s at same time as my 20s. Heck I've just started getting rid of my pj 22s because they fall off & I'm swimming in them.

Larger sizes are bigger gaps, high 20s it can be 35-40 lbs, high teens - low 20s, its more like 20lbs. For me, once i started dropping sizes they have been (thankfully) dropping about a size every 2-2.5 months.

I really didn't *notice notice* my weight loss until this last month and last weekend i bought size 14 jeans (I'm probably more like a 16 but ill take a tight 14 :D ) Others (not hubby) started noticing weight loss at about 40-50lbs lost.

It takes your head a long while to see the weight loss. Try on clothing that is now looser, or recognize how much better your body is moving. That blows my mind every time.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    I've lost 42 lbs officially since my highest weight and I still wear the same pants size (14-16 depending) at 198 as I did at 239. (I also went from a D cup to a DDD between then and now, so there's something to be said for being a young woman and still having typical body changes)

It's annoying BUT sometimes progress takes a while to see! It will start to happen and when it does it will be that much sweeter!