Are men only interested in women with lower IQ's...

Options

Replies

• minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Are you asking me that on Friday the 13th :wink:?

Yes, I believe in luck.

Yeah, I know, it's lord of the rings night! :P
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    From what I ve seen of men, the majority have far less notches on their bedheads than they would have you believe and are sucked into a relationship within reason by any woman that bats their eyelids at them, seldom having actually chosen a suitable partner before settling down.

The trick most women seem to possess (IQ irrelevant) is to take advantage of male stupidity in not shopping around !
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    From what I ve seen of men, the majority have far less notches on their bedheads than they would have you believe and are sucked into a relationship within reason by any woman that bats their eyelids at them, seldom having actually chosen a suitable partner before settling down.

The trick most women seem to possess (IQ irrelevant) is to take advantage of male stupidity in not shopping around !

now you made me think whether a relationship could be successful with two individuals with a big difference in IQ. By big I mean 30-40.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's nice to be able to hold an intellectual conversation.
    But being a 'nice person' overall is much more important.
  • dcole204
    dcole204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes you have to be able to hold a conversation with her
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    He should have a Homo sapiens sapiens brain rather than a Homo erectus one. I think there has been quite a lot of natural selection in favour of intelligence over the last 2-3 million years, ergo intelligence is sexually attractive.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    So I do think most men want to feel superior to women in their career
    Which is fine by me because I want a man who can inspire me to be like him :)
    And I say you have too little ambition. lack-ambition.png

Would I change your mind if I told you I:
    -am bilingual and plan to use both of these languages for my career success
    -scored in the top 3% of in a selective Chinese high school
    -graduated from a selective US boarding school with a 4.0
    -graduated with a 3.95 GPA in the top 3% of a prestigious university while completing a double major in 3.5 years
    -am a strategy consultant. My group only hires from a small number of Ivy league and other top universities. As one of the undergraduates from those Target schools, my odds of getting the job started at less than 1% from resume drop to receiving an offer
    -advise Fortune 500 companies and private equities on mergers and acquisitions in multiple industries. I don't know much about most of these random industries, but I have to become an "expert" at within an average time span of 3 weeks. My last project was on industrials cleaning, and the one before that was on shooting range targets...
    -take online accounting classes on the side because I want to be CPA-certified and boost my credentials + become a successful investor and/or entrepreneur and/or C-suite executive
    -plan to make enough money to retire by age 40, although I will probably keep working after that anyway because I like to be mentally occupied

So this is my idea of ambition, but I accept that everyone has different priorities in life and I don't think I am essentially a "better" human being than others.

And no, I'm not a genius by any means. My IQ is about ~120 and I've struggled with a lot of self-esteem issues because I felt I wasn't smart enough growing up compared to many of peers. In my professional life I'm constantly reminded of how much intellect/ambition/social prowess I have room to improve in. But my motto is better, harder, faster, stronger, and I believe in the power of change just Iike how most of us are on here because we believe the body can be shaped.

And I want to be with someone who inspires me even more intellectually. Some of the people I've dated include a nationally ranked chess player, an engineering valedictorian from Columbia, and a C-suite executive who sold companies for venture capitals.

Currently I'm single, but I have hopes I'll find the right man someday

MFP is my community where I "escape" from the career intensity and seek inspiration for my fitness as well serve as a source of support to others. This site is my opportunity to play a different role and be feminine, flirtatious, sexual, etc.

I do think most men prefer women to be "weaker" than them in the career arena. Whether it's right/wrong, I won't comment but I'm acknowledging this phenomenon exists. It just happens for me that I wouldn't want to be with anyone long-term who doesn't inspire me to be even better from a career/intellect standpoint

Wow. Nope. But it does convince me you missed my point. And someone inspiring you to be better =/= inspiring you to be like him. My husband and I are very different career-wise, but we each inspire each other to be better.

How exactly is career-oriented and intellectual not feminine, again?
  • xxviolentkissxx
    Options
    Oh well... OP if that's the case then it's just me and my left hand. It's getting serious actually :)
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    the actual opposite. Im only interested in higher IQ females with enough confidence and self worth to accept their role in a relationship-whichever that role may be.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I've dated people of many different IQ levels, but the ones that have worked out the best or rather the longest are those that are among the same IQ levels as myself. I have tested at a higher IQ level, however I feel is very important for me to have a heightened sense of EQ as well. I feel it is not so much the IQ level that determines my success. Rather it is how I deal with everyday situations amongst people that determines how "smart" I am. I took in applied leadership course recently, which elaborated on this concept. Many of those people who have been extremely successful in life did not necessarily have mensa level IQ. However, they were "people" persons, with high skills in leadership.
    I really think this goes hand in hand with people that look similar. Attractive people typically will end up in relationships with other attractive people. And vice versa... just couldn't help myself had to chime in!!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think my husband and I have similar IQs. I just got my Master's today, make more money and am more career oriented than my husband. He's proud of me, NOT threatened.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think my husband and I have similar IQs. I just got my Master's today, make more money and am more career oriented than my husband. He's proud of me, NOT threatened.

Congratulations! I've always said, " I would have no problem with my wife making more money than I do, as long as I don't have to be making less than I make now."
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've dated people of many different IQ levels, but the ones that have worked out the best or rather the longest are those that are among the same IQ levels as myself. I have tested at a higher IQ level, however I feel is very important for me to have a heightened sense of EQ as well. I feel it is not so much the IQ level that determines my success. Rather it is how I deal with everyday situations amongst people that determines how "smart" I am. I took in applied leadership course recently, which elaborated on this concept. Many of those people who have been extremely successful in life did not necessarily have mensa level IQ. However, they were "people" persons, with high skills in leadership.
    I really think this goes hand in hand with people that look similar. Attractive people typically will end up in relationships with other attractive people. And vice versa... just couldn't help myself had to chime in!!!

Well said! This is along the lines of what I said, that people can be intelligent and excel in different ways. :smile:
  • Sapphire3002
    Sapphire3002 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If a man isn't interested because you're too intelligent then you should probably look for another man that's just my opinion. A person that cares about you would be interested regardless.
  • Bennysammysofie2
    Options
    I mean there's a select few of us I here that are covered, but just curious about other men's and women's thoughts here...
    Wouldn't we have to be?
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question...
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    ill take brains and wit over ditzy everytime
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If a man isn't interested because you're too intelligent then you should probably look for another man that's just my opinion. A person that cares about you would be interested regardless.

This! I found out the hard way that some men at first like to show of with their smart girl, but feel quickly threathend in their 'manliness' when I make more money or sometimes flat out outsmart them....
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You mean the women we marry or the ones some guys meet in bars?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You mean the women we marry or the ones some guys meet in bars?

Hey, these could be the same! ::cough::