30 pounds by Christmas..Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    hey, going to have to weigh in early this week. moving to uni and I don't know when the internet is going to be sorted up there.

Weigh in

SW:186
    CW:177
    Loss for week: 0lb
    Loss in total: 9lb

ah well, no loss but at least no gain
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I'd like to lose 30lbs by Christmas! I'm in!

Started WOL on 15th September and have lost about 4lbs so far...

Here's the situation:
    14 weeks until Christmas

14 weeks x 2lbs/week = 28lbs (plus an extra few lbs that I hope to lose in the first few weeks, as I'm just starting off)....

I'm 189lbs now so I'd like to be 159 when this challenge ends!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I dropped that ball and have been eating whatever I want. I have gained back 5 lbs. Why is it soooo easy to gain the weight, but soooo hard to lose it?? I don't know why I do this to myself. It's not like I don't like healthy food. In fact I really love it! But I find myself chosing the bad stuff over and over. Trying to get back on the bandwagon today. So far, so good.
  • vikkij12
    Options
    I am feeling really terrible, because my eating hasn't been too bad (appart from the Marshmallows) but have put weight on which I find hard to move on from. I was sick last week and couldn't exercise so will put it down to that and move on. HELP
  • robinsnest0326
    Options
    i would so totally love to lose 30 lbs by Christmas! That would be awesome! lets all work together. :flowerforyou:
  • robinsnest0326
    Options
    have you had your thyroid checked, I was walking each of our dogs for 40 mins, we have two,and going to the gym with my husband plus walking all over college campus and still gaining weight. i went to my doctor in tears and said whats up? i was also watching what i ate. come to find out my thyroid was messed up.
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I dropped that ball and have been eating whatever I want. I have gained back 5 lbs. Why is it soooo easy to gain the weight, but soooo hard to lose it?? I don't know why I do this to myself. It's not like I don't like healthy food. In fact I really love it! But I find myself chosing the bad stuff over and over. Trying to get back on the bandwagon today. So far, so good.

That happens from time to time. Just start again. It's a change in life-style and it's not going to happen over night. Stick with it. You can do it!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hello to weds weighers I am down a pound and have achieved sept goal YAY !
    new goal for 25/10 = 130 wow!!!!!
    Come on everybody let's get thiscdone I want those levies for Xmas!!!!!!!!
  • Actuality
    Options
    I am sooooooo with you!!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was trying for 20 by Christmas...but perhaps I will bump it up and hope to reach it with you all!

best of luck!

down 5lbs
  • jalyner
    Options
    I'm checking in and I'm feeling a little frustrated. I started at 168, went down to 162 and now I'm back up to 165.4. Why? I've been counting my calories, working out regularly. Could it be I'm not drinking enough water?

I'm up by 3.4 lbs. Lame.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I'm checking in and I'm feeling a little frustrated. I started at 168, went down to 162 and now I'm back up to 165.4. Why? I've been counting my calories, working out regularly. Could it be I'm not drinking enough water?

I'm up by 3.4 lbs. Lame.
    I am feeling a bit frustrated too. :grumble: I am at the same weight for 2 weeks now. :-/ I too have been working out A LOT and am under my calories so I am just not going to worry about it! Let's just keep doing what we know we are supposed to do eventually it will have no choice but to go down....:happy:
  • Jena_72
    Options
    So as I said in the post above I seem to be stuck on the scale despite all my efforts! My monthly"visitor" just left yesterday, but I noticed yesterday I felt VERY bloated so I am sure it is just water covering up all my hard work. I will admit it is messing with my head a little that I can't break into the 180's but I know not doing the work is NOT the answer so I will wait ever so patiently for this stupid *&^%@ scale to go down! I did however check my measurements which were last taken on 8/29 and I have lost at least 5 inches in the tummy!! YAY! No getting discouraged here JUST KEEP GOING!! :drinker:
  • jalyner
    Options
    So as I said in the post above I seem to be stuck on the scale despite all my efforts! My monthly"visitor" just left yesterday, but I noticed yesterday I felt VERY bloated so I am sure it is just water covering up all my hard work. I will admit it is messing with my head a little that I can't break into the 180's but I know not doing the work is NOT the answer so I will wait ever so patiently for this stupid *&^%@ scale to go down! I did however check my measurements which were last taken on 8/29 and I have lost at least 5 inches in the tummy!! YAY! No getting discouraged here JUST KEEP GOING!! :drinker:

Awesome job on the measurements! You should be proud. I haven't measured myself for about a month...I'm going to do it today when I get home from work. Good idea! Thanks for the vote of confidence!
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    UGGH! I've also been horrible about what i've been eating. On the plus side, i did finally get a treadmill so hopefully i can get back into a routine of working out. My youngest had her adenoids removed yesterday and we had to stay all night at the hospital, so it's been eating out for me. i did make my lunch for tomorrow so hopefully that'll be a good start. I really need to get on this!! :)
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Im in.... Ive been 235lbs for the last year or so now and this is getting out of hand. Im only 4'11 so im sure you must imagine how that looks. I really need to loose this weight. Ill keep you all posted. Wish me luck.

I too am 4 11 so I can totally imagine. I was 200 starting off and have since lost alittle over 40 lbs. My goal is 135 for right now and IM i thiink 24 or 23 away from that goal. Being short stinks when it comes to weight because we show it very obviously
  • gurlonfire2004
    gurlonfire2004 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to weigh in this week, but I'm down 3 pounds! Yay!

9/15: 220
    9/24: 217
    GW 12/25: 198
    Only 19 more pounds to go!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    I'm a little late to weigh in this week, but I'm down 3 pounds! Yay!

9/15: 220
    9/24: 217
    GW 12/25: 198
    Only 19 more pounds to go!
    GOOD JOB!!
  • monstertwelve
    Options
    OMGosh!!! I wanna do it!!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I joined this challenge and then fell off the face of the earth!! LOL So glad to see so many doing so well. I would like to continue with the challane even though 30 lbs is unattainable to me now. I'll lose what I can and stay here for support and motivation.