What are the 'little things' you've noticed with losing?

Options
124»

Replies

• kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    About a week before I joined mpf I bought a couple of brand new button up shirts one size bigger from my usual size as all my button up shirts were ridiculous tight. They fit over my tummy but as usual stretched slightly around the boobie area. Now there's no stretching at all. I haven't lost a size yet but my "fat" shirts are defintely fitting better.
  • aaliyahbellydancer
    Options
    I havent heard of shoes getting too big from weight loss before, ha ha ... i hope that doesnt happen to me too ... mine cost me a fortune.

I showed up to belly dance practice on Saturday morning and one of my students said 'you look really nice' when i know i didnt as i was just in cheap track pants and tshirt ... i think what she had noticed was the weight shifting ... i had lost inches from my waist and hips so just looked nicer in my daggy clothes.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wow! I never thought about it until I saw something about it on Good Morning America this morning...
    I DON'T snore anymore. I used to be a very heavy, every night kind of snorer. Since I've dropped the 30+ lbs, I no longer am a "window rattler".
    By all appearances, I was not a heavy person. But if you looked at my BMI, I was over-weight. Lost the weight = Lost the snoring!

My husband used to snore all the time. He's lost 30 lbs. and now I don't have to sleep on the couch because he doesn't snore anymore.
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My cellulite has gone, as have the love handles on my back - and my bingo wings, for the most YAY! I have gaps between my legs when I stand up straight. But most importantly, my chondromalacia (knee problems) has cleared up a bit because my quads are stronger.
  • leiacw
    leiacw Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't have to jump and wiggle to get on my jeans, and I had to bore new notches in my belt.
  • somethingvague
    Options
    I noticed today during my cooldown that I could touch my toes for the first time ever! That made me happy.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher. We had our first fire drill this week. I took off like a rabbit down the hallway - the kids couldn't keep up with ME!!!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans that where too small for me 3 1/2 months ago now slide on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. I can feel my knees. I can feel my collar bones. I can see my neck tendons when I tighten. My face is slimmer. I can climb a flight of stairs without losing my breath. I can jog (although not for very long). I can walk 3 1/2 miles w/o stopping where as only 2 1/2 months ago I could barely walk 1/2 mile w/o stopping. Most of my clothes are very baggy on me now. I enjoy walking, yoga, and low impact aerobics where as before I HATED exercise. I now LOVE it! I love the way it makes me feel and how I have such a feeling of accomplishment after. :)
  • LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    instead of cringing in the mirror when i'm in my spandexish black workout pants I check out how amazing my butt looks in them!
    1259364.png
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hello hip bones! I love putting my hands on my waist and hips whenever I'm standing around, now just for a feel! And smaller thighs lets me wear cuter pants/shorts. And I can put my feet together now and that small triangle-shaped hole where the thighs separate from eachother and connect to the hips is starting to show up on me when I look in the mirror...if you know what I'm talking about, you'll understand how important that is :laugh:
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My favorite black pants do NOT give me the muffin top today. Oh small victory, how I salute you. =)

I have noticed this too. I still have a long way to go, but it's a great feeling!
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    I notice my belly button is moving upward:bigsmile:
    416185.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I notice my belly button is moving upward:bigsmile:
    416185.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Awsome, I got to watch for that. I noticed today at work that I can tuck my arms in to my side while typing.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    My size XL tank tops were too big. I noticed that on Saturday while playing volleyball. I had to go out on Sunday and buy a couple of new ones in a size L.

I also have to go buy a new belt because I'm afraid I'm going to wreck the one I've been wearing by putting yet another notch in it :blushing:
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I now park as far as I can from the Clinic where I work, and walk. When I get inside, everyone dosen't start to say Good Morning Marilyn, before they see me. You use to hear me huffing and puffing and wheezing before you saw me. Also, when I went to the Drivers License Place, earlier this month and I could fit in that ridiculous little desk comfortably. I actually got up and sat back down again, and again, and again. ( I was so amazed!!) My pants are so big and baggy, now, and they even have gotton longer, and I love it. One of our providers at work said, you know Marilyn, it's okay to go shopping for new clothes that fit. I just stood there grinning from ear to ear llike a cheshire cat. :happy:
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    I notice that my large movements are not necessary any more. When I walk or move out of someones way. Iam not that big. Also I find that Iam off balance.lol
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    The steering wheel is farther away. I do more laundry, the work out cloths add up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!