YAY or NAY: Pajamas In Public ?

Options

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    No pajamas in public sweetcheeks.
    If I see someone wearing pj's in public I am going to assume they are a slob.

thats sterreotyping

Yes. I am closed minded and a bit of a judgemental b#×tch. I will also judge you if your hair is a mess and/or you still have what looks like yesterday's makeup on.
  • believeinfamily
    Options
    If you wear you pjs out in public... Did you.... Wash your hair? Brush your teeth? Take a shower? And put on deodorant? Why do all that just to put pjs back on? Why not represent yourself as a cleaned up presentable person? I don't even walk my dogs around the house in my pjs. I must take a shower before o even think about going outside just cuz I want to lookup presentable, even in my own backyard. Yoga pants are totally different from pjs. Unless you have a pj top on with the yoga pants.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Sure, wear you dirty ugly pajama's. They look good while you're in wally world. You fit right in! Like you haven't had a bath in weeks. Maybe missing some teeth? Got the whole "fart stain" running down the back of your PJs. Why not? Fits the whole Wall mart persona. Don't you wonder why when people see you coming they go the other way because they don't want to smell your dirty stench? Ya, I figured you wouldn't wonder about that. It's rare you'll catch me in a Wally World, but if you ever do I certainly won't be in my PJ's. Just sayin.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I live in an area where this isn't common at all. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw anyone in public in the pajamas. Unless you were somehow locked out of the house while getting the morning paper, why would you be in public in pjs?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just a quick milk run to Walgreen's. That's the last place I saw a girl in PJ's. My reaction was more like "meh". "Who cares" and forgot about it until this topic came up. Bunch of snobs up in here, lol.

I don't even wear PJs :laugh:
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with Nay! unless it's a really cute girl with one of those 5 pound key chains, that runs into the coffee shop for a hot chocolate to go. Somehow they're able to pull that one off, strutting around like they got permission, LOL
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Anyone who stays with us knows that pyjamas or nighties are not even allowed anywhere downstairs. I was broght up to get dressed before I ventured downstairs and so were my kids. Girlfriends of said kids have tried it but only once. I think it is slovenly to sit about in pjs all day never mind go out in them.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ugh, nay. The ONLY time I wore pajama pans outside in "public" was an hour ago in the dark. My neighbor's dog got out and barked at our front door. Since I have four of my own that would play nonstop with her, I had to walk in the snow (after someone gave me my snow boots), and trudged across the street to deliver the sneaky pup. Was too tired and sore from the workout I had just finished. Had I brought the dog in for that two minutes to change clothes, there would've been a stampede of dogs in the house. :tongue:

I hated seeing students in high school wear pajamas, one thing I disliked in California!
  • DNHolbrook
    DNHolbrook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love my yoga pants. I wear them in public. I have been known to wear PJ pants out of the house on occasion, but VERY rarely. I think as long as you don't look like a hot mess that just rolled out of bed, it can be okay.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    The girlfriend of one of our patients turned up in a cow print onesie to visit her partner, the other day. Also had some sort of old fashioned cap on her head, I seem to recall.

What. The. Ever-loving. *kitten*.
  • melly424
    Options
    Yoga pants are fine in the public, but a huge NAY to pajamas in the public. Wal-mart or not! Looks incredibly tacky!:smile::smile:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Mind your business unless it is affecting you.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Quick quiz tell me which one is pajama and which one is yoga?

Calvin-Klein-Womens-Essentials-With-Satin-Pajama-Pant-2.jpg

free-shiping-stock-Women-lululemon-womens-font-b-pant-b-font-font-b-yoga-b-font.jpg

Why is one more acceptable than the other? Grrrr cant figure out how to resize.
  • TarynAngeline
    TarynAngeline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Mind your business unless it is affecting you.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person wearing them, some people can rock the look and others shame themselves
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Grotty. Go have a shower and get dressed!
  • sassocat
    Options
    If its 6am and you live next door to woolies and your dying for milk as a one off... you could be forgiven.
    But if its happening on a daily basis and at other times of the day and night.... ermmm no.
  • sassocat
    Options
    Grotty. Go have a shower and get dressed!

^^ This
  • fitnessmom92
    Options
    Wearing pajamas in public is not acceptable.. yoga pants are ok though. I wore nice yoga pants with a north face jacket yesterday to run a few errands. I was showered and my hair was kept. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! Have some class