When do I get to buy new clothes?

Options
12346»

Replies

• smokeytex74
    Options
    I asked this same question a week or so ago.. it's getting very frustrating to know that I have lost an inch or so and 12 lbs and can see no visible difference..
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat suggestion....

If you like to wear skirts, that is the easiest thing to wear while losing weight. You can order stretchy maxi skirts from Amazon for about $10 each. I can't name any stores right now that carry them. A size large in one of those is going to fit anywhere from a size 8 to 12, and maybe even 14. No worries about being in between sizes. I hope you get to buy new clothes soon! :)
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Also, Goodwill stores, Christian Missions, etc...... Shop in those for a while.
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was down almost 40 pounds before I started to noticed the weight loss myself. And at that point I had to buy new pants. At about 50 pounds down was when my top caught up to the race and my shirt and bra band size changed.
  • helena_jj
    helena_jj Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I won't speak about money, everybody decides himself what he can and wants to afford.

I change the jeans about every 10 kg (22 lbs). By that time I usually take them away without undoing them. I even bought them in advance as I don't want to make a show from my weight loss, so I bought the same model in different sizes and now I wear the fourth pair. I only have one more in my closet. Lol!

I changed my upper body wardrobe only once when I was about 50 lbs less, bought everything 2-3 size smaller, also tried to buy the same models though I wasn't the same forward-looking and I couldn't buy all the models I wanted.

I use some of my old cloths too (from the time I was in the same weight as I am now), but I don't really want to wear it any more. I have really nice cloths for my goal weight, but not for the weight I have now.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just went through my closet and drawers this past weekend. Ive lost almost 50lbs and still have another 50 to go. I have all kinds of sizes in my closet (which I hate). I had three piles:

1. clothes that are too big
    2. clothes that I can wear
    3. clothes that are too small

I kept piles 2 (need to have them now) and 3(motivation)
    Once pile 3 gets too big then I will go shopping and give ALL of the remaining piles away for GOOD.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Also, Goodwill stores, Christian Missions, etc...... Shop in those for a while.

The dress I have on now is from the thrift shop :laugh: dress barn (prob was $50 new) I paid $9!!
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I was about 30lbs in when I finally bought new jeans, 40lbs in when I got new shirts. I have been only buying new things at thrift stores as I need to size down every other month or so. I make my shirts work for as long as possible and am only on my second size down on them, but I need jeans that fit and have replaced them 4 times now. I skipped sizes in shirts with the extra wait to replace, but not on my jeans. I also only buy 3 pairs of pants for each size and do a lot of laundry.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I bought a cute shirt online that was a medium and knew I couldn't fit it,but that was my goal so I ordered it...when I got it I tried it on just to see how snug it was or if I had a chance in fitting it soon.I was shocked it fit ! I didn't realize that I was losing inches I was a XL.Not sure were you are at or where you want to be,but thats my story and idea to get clothes ahead of time that are where I want to be and get there.....I'm still shocked about it I haven't worn a medium shirt since I was 17.
  • daynation
    daynation Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump for later read.
  • huv123
    huv123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Next time take it to a tailor and get it taken in.
  • huv123
    huv123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A size is about 15-20 pounds...

The other issue is that by the time most people decide to lose weight they are straining the clothes in their current "fat:" size and should probably have sized up already but vanity or whatever stops them, which means they already have that much more to lose before they can move down a size.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I asked this same question a week or so ago.. it's getting very frustrating to know that I have lost an inch or so and 12 lbs and can see no visible difference..

This is so me. The scale says I lost 34 lbs so far, and my pants size are smaller, but I don't "see" any difference. It is frustrating, so I know what you mean.
  • srobertking
    srobertking Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every 20 to 25 lbs for me until I dropped below 200. Then my waist size seemed to drop faster while my shirt size didn't move much.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I had to finally break down and get some more pants last month, now those are falling off of me. THank god for goodwill, I just send my used pants to donation and get more here and there. I would say get more when things start to hanging off of you even with a belt
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Every 20 to 25 lbs for me until I dropped below 200. Then my waist size seemed to drop faster while my shirt size didn't move much.

This is me. Smaller pant size but shirt size is not moving, it refuses.

I was at a Ross today and bought a pair of pants and laughed cause I thought of this thread.
  • cajun_qt
    Options
    For those that have lost weight already, at what point did you drop pant sizes? I know it's not cut and dry, and muscle and fat can change you body shape ect ect ect. Point is, I've lost 19 lbs so far, and I'm not noticing a big difference in my pants. Yes, they fit slightly better, but I'm so looking forward to buying the next size down. (or 2!)

after i got down to a 14, i started dropping sizes left and right.

remember this - there is only a two inch difference in sizes between a 4 and a 6 and between a 6 and an 8.

and between a 2 and a 4? only an inch.

but between a 22 and an 18, it's like six inches. so dont worry, it will start changing a lot faster the lower in size you go.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    For those that have lost weight already, at what point did you drop pant sizes? I know it's not cut and dry, and muscle and fat can change you body shape ect ect ect. Point is, I've lost 19 lbs so far, and I'm not noticing a big difference in my pants. Yes, they fit slightly better, but I'm so looking forward to buying the next size down. (or 2!)

after i got down to a 14, i started dropping sizes left and right.

remember this - there is only a two inch difference in sizes between a 4 and a 6 and between a 6 and an 8.

and between a 2 and a 4? only an inch.

but between a 22 and an 18, it's like six inches. so dont worry, it will start changing a lot faster the lower in size you go.

I am glad to see someone mentioned this. Another person mentioned 15-20 lb being a size but I think that's only accurate for people in the middle range probably. I lost over 40 lb to get from 22 to 20 while only 15-20 lb makes the difference from 18 to 16. I know a few small women who can lose 7-10 lb and go from a 6 to a 2.