Anybody Else Taking the Xmas Break?

Options
So im taking a xmas break from measuring and weighing and eating strictly healthy. Im treating myself pretty much everyday to sweets and whatever I want acutally. Im not over weight by any means. I just want to lose fat % and I plan to do that in the New Year. For now, I wanna eat and have fun! I have just completed StrongLifts for 12 weeks - Im taking a little break from that too. Starting a whole new plan up for Janurary. Im still not going to log though, I am safe eyeballing food - done it before and it worked. Healthy in moderation works. As for exercise, I will get it when i feel like it over these holidays. Prob in the form of shovelling snow, sledding and cc skiing. Might get a bit of lifting in there too. Never know. Anyways, this is about a 3.5 week break for me and im gonna enjoy it. Anybody else doing this sort of thing? Thanks for sharing in advance.

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going the other way and ramping up my running and tightening up on my calories until new year :)

However, I don't blame you one bit! Have a great festive period!!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know if I take a break that long I won't want to get back on track. I'm not counting calories for Christmas dinner and will probably not eat much before that meal, but I couldn't take a whole break. I'm in this for a lifestyle change. I didn't count Thanksgiving and I won't count Christmas because once I reach my goal weight I won't be doing that. I also don't deprive myself of sweets entirely. I think I had a lot of sugar this week actually... so a break for me would really just be me stuffing my face with all kinds of sweets and gaining back the 16bs I lost already.
  • Lahaygood
    Lahaygood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just had a 3 week break, due to lots of travel, from being faithful to my logging so I'm logging again and will continue through the Christmas holidays. My next goal is to add more regular exercise, zumba and yoga being my choices.
    Merry Christmas,
    Leigh Anne
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm taking Xmas on a date.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Have just been thinking of this! Have decided to eat loosely at maintenance for the next three weeks whilst keeping my exercise routine intact (or I'd never get back into the swing of it!).

Anyway, hope you enjoy your break :D
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Ill prob wake up when its morning and try to sleep at night. I might eat some food too once in a while.. perhaps lift something heavy like a crocodile, as long as it does not bite me.. cause that would suck
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Nope. I know if I take a break that long I won't want to get back on track. I'm not counting calories for Christmas dinner and will probably not eat much before that meal, but I couldn't take a whole break. I'm in this for a lifestyle change. I didn't count Thanksgiving and I won't count Christmas because once I reach my goal weight I won't be doing that. I also don't deprive myself of sweets entirely. I think I had a lot of sugar this week actually... so a break for me would really just be me stuffing my face with all kinds of sweets and gaining back the 16bs I lost already.
    \

Don't think you would ever gain 16lbs in 3weeks!
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Enjoying myself while eating at maintenance! :smile:
  • Have just been thinking of this! Have decided to eat loosely at maintenance for the next three weeks whilst keeping my exercise routine intact (or I'd never get back into the swing of it!).

Anyway, hope you enjoy your break :D

Similar to this. Trying to stay at my goal most days but not sticking to it rigidly on the festive days. I had a monte cristo at Disneyland this weekend, followed by three drinks, lol.
  • Minxy103
    Options
    For sure! I'm off to Tenerife. Will be doing a lot more walking -in the sun - so, hopefully, that will help burn excess calories off.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    christmas and christmas eve i wont be counting calories but thats it, I took a week break in august for my wedding, and just now getting back, breaks are bad for me
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    No, I'll actually be ramping up the exercise, since I'll have a lot of time off work, and I'm on a one-month "trial" (actually a Living Social coupon) at a new (to me) gym, and I want to try as much of what they have to offer as I can before I decide whether to join at full price. I'm looking forward to trying different kinds of classes I haven't taken before, as well as making use of the cardio machines and weights, maybe even the pool.

I plan to continue logging my food, too. It's a habit now, and I don't want to lose the habit. I may eventually want to test whether I can stay on track without logging, but I don't feel like I'm at that point yet. I even logged Thanksgiving, although I didn't try to stay at my normal daily net calorie goal of 1500 (I didn't exercise on Thanksgiving, so no extra calories to eat back). I would have been happy if I came in around 3000 calories for the day, and I actually ended up at 2800, and for that week I "ate into" my planned calorie deficit by about 700 calories, and I still lost a pound (my planned deficit is close to a pound and a half a week). Christmas will be a little more challenging, because of cookie exchanges and what not, but I usually fit a treat (or two) of some kind into my calories every day, so I'll just have to replace my usuals (almond butter toffee, fun-size Snickers, Nutella) with the Christmas treats if I want them.

OP, it sounds like you'll still be active, just doing different things, so it seems like a very health "break." Enjoy the holidays!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am trying hard to stay on track. This is a depressing time of year for me; like I am sure for many others. Between medical bills and a huge pay cut for Hubbys salary there are no gifts this year for anyone. I am grateful that my kids are amazing and understand. If I give in to the depression/holiday temptation I will be doomed.....
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    \

Don't think you would ever gain 16lbs in 3weeks!

Perhaps not, but I know it would take a lot of effort for me to get back on track. It would end up being 5 or 6 or 10 weeks. But I hope you enjoy your break and eat all kinds of extra yummy stuff!
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am still overweight albeit a lot lighter than this time last year so no I won't be taking a break. Exercising and eating better are a way of life now so it shouldn't be too difficult to keep on track especially as I have just come off a 3 month plateau.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I usually take a break from logging when I go visit my family (Christmas too) because it's a little frustating to log without my scale. But I take care what I eat and about portions. In my family there isn't to much of `meal` celebration. We just eat normal stuff, like everyday. Where are mostly celebrating that we have some days off and can't see each other. I see my family 3 times a year.

On New Year Eve I'll just eat like everyday, in my calorie goal and just eat whatever I want and dance like crazy. I did that on Thursday at my workplace Christmas party. The dancing burned all the extra calories apparently and I'm still on the normal track. Off course, I didn't eat my soul out; but I did get some in.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am taking a small break but it has nothing to do with the holidays and more to do with just a lot of other crap going on. I am still going to the gym and trying to keep my foods on track but I am not beating myself up if I go off track for a day or two.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm at maintenance and I have a spare few lbs to play around with, so I'm not logging over the Christmas week. I hope to fit in some exercise though and then, when Jan comes around, I should come out the other end pretty unscathed.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hell no!! I`ve just started December 1st so I`m fired up!!! Enjoy your Christmas :-)