Anybody Else Taking the Xmas Break?

Options

Replies

• scparke2
    scparke2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm fighting to stay on track so I will enjoy my CHRISTmas goodies starting next week. On days that I don't have anywhere to go I'll continue my program and the gym. I think once I have my fill, I'll be sick of it and be happy to get back on track...it's just once a year.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I just today thought about how to deal with the holidays and my vacation from Dec 20th through January 7th.
    Yesterday was my birthday and I allowed myself to eat at maintenance ( 1690 calories ) and even though I ate what I wanted, including cheese cake I only went about 250 calories over my daily allowance.
    I am committed to log and walk each day no matter how much I eat, but I am not going to walk more so I can eat more......I have other, at least for me interesting things to do with my life.
    As long as I maintain, I am not too worried about things....I just don't want to gain, because I am exactly at the halfway point of my planned weight loss.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to take a break every once in a while, and your break couldn't be timed more perfectly. I'll be off from work soon, since I have a chunk of vacation time, and I plan to take advantage of the down time to ride my bike more, bake and maybe get engrossed in a good book! Enjoy your Christmas and your break:)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm still 1.6 lbs away from losing the 3.8 lbs I gained taking a break over Thanksgiving. :/ So I think I'll stick with the program over Christmas or at least try to stay under maintenance.
  • BePawsitive
    BePawsitive Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started on the quest to lose again. I am holding to the philosophy " Eat to live, not live to eat".

My concerns are coming up with a trip to Disneyland and a 5 day cruise..... ....
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a break on Christmas Eve and Day in the sense that I won't log calories and won't think twice about what I'm eating. But I won't stuff my face on purpose or eat anything within sight in an effort to "make the most out of this cheat day".

And also, since I'll be at my parents' house in the country, I'm going to do a lot of hiking and running in the hills and to take my darling dog out on a whole lot of walks at all hours. :D I'm actually looking forward to this change of scenery in my workout routine.
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am not logging food on Christmas eve, Christmas day, Boxing day, new years eve and new years day, gonna exercise still but not xmas or new years day but gonna enjoy my xmas :)
  • Morryarty
    Options
    I won't make a pig of myself, but it's natural to have a winter feast and celebration humans have been doing it for eons. I will most likely put on anywhere from 3-5 pounds even though I plan on cycling and doing body weight and yoga exercise and thats fine in my world, I do find it hard to do nothing and sitting around gives me back ake. Ill get back to it in earnest after boxing day, I will weigh and measure a couple of weeks after christmas 'after a few days of cardio and working out' and a fast or 3, when I expect any extra pounds to be gone.

Make Merry and Feast MFP's.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm not counting as much, but I'm not going completely off the rails. December is always a bad month with friends parties, work parties, Christmas meals out, etc. At the moment I'm just making healthy choices but not worrying about it so much. Christmas day is a free for all though. :smile:
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I ate whatever I wanted on Thanksgiving (but tried not to go TOO overboard) and logged it as best I could. Then I went right back to my normal calorie deficit plan. I actually lost weight too, didn't expect that! \o/ I plan on doing the same for Christmas dinner as well. No way am I scrimping on our traditional prime rib roast dinner! YUM! :love:

Happy Holidays everyone! :heart:
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I won't be counting over Christmas. I"ll be out of my normal setting and in a foreign country. I'm going to allow myself to eat what I want.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nope, I am going to continue doing what I am doing …

IMO opinion breaks for that long to failure and unexpected weight gain that you then have to work harder to get rid of in new year...
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am going on a two week vacation and nearly every meal will be out. I have spent the past two months eating under my calories in preparation. I have planned for a 5 pound gain, we'll see when I get back. Merry Christmas everyone!:drinker:
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am not. I am in a diabetes class and have to weigh in every week. I am pretty much starting my journey over and do not want to take any breaks to cause setbacks in my journey.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Logging and working out has become part of my routine now so I see no need to take a break. I am 2lbs away from my goal weight and I want to meet that goal by end of the year.

I've always incorporated desserts in my cals and tend not to go overboard
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No I will not take a break I will eat well and try to be sensible with choices over Chistmas and Boxing day and will still be exercising I have a long way to go and want to be at my target by July.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Well considering I'm leaving Saturday to go on vacation for 2 weeks (including a cruise) I pretty much will just try to eat in moderation as every meal will be eaten out. I have already bought some healthier snacks though for the drive down to Florida. But the hotels and boat will have gyms so I hope to stay active to a degree.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm already at maintenance, but am going away for Christmas and staying in a hotel......... so although no cooking, cleaning or leftovers for 3 days - also no control over cooking those lovely dinners.... though I can do some portion control.

So I have decided to still log what I eat (though maybe just give Christmas Day 3500 and be done) and see what happens - I don't plan spoiling a lovely break with my husband by angsting over the food the whole time thats for sure!
  • moefinch
    moefinch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm staying on track, but decided to trade in one of my 2-3 daily snacks for a small portion of something yummy!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'll eat what I like Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but that's it.