• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Won't give you a home phone number?

People still have these? :huh:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    she said she was divorced. she also has 3 kids.

Never date a single mom. 'Nuff said.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Walk away.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Have you met the kids or discussed when/if this is going to happen?
  • have you shown her your foot with that maggot infestation?

because I saw that thread.....and I think you should probably clean that up before you expect an invite.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    If it was on a court docket, then the records of the divorce proceedings are public record. Go to the county records website and look up the person.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm married and a lot of these suggestions are incorrect:

If I were dating a girl outside my marriage, and she didn't know I was already married...I certainly wouldn't tell her, even if she asked.

I don't wear a wedding ring, haven't for a long time. Between it irritating my finger and it's not longer the right size, I haven't worn one in a long long time...so...no tan line, no impressions. I have an uncle who's an electrician who doesn't wear any jewlery at all, he doesn't like the idea of wearing conductive metal while working on wires. My father-in-law, a good friend, and my step-dad are all mechanics and don't wear theirs 90% of the time because the idea of a heavy piece of equipment crushing the ring onto their finger doesn't appeal to them. I know women who don't wear wedding rings for various reasons as well. The whole wedding ring thing isn't reliable.

Not inviting you to their house has nothing to with being married. They may be a slob, or they may have kids and they aren't ready to introduce you. They may not be happy with where they live, or think you might think differently based on having to live in low income housing.

If you really want to find out, good old fashion stalking and the new modern internet stalking do wonders. Mix and match. Create a fake account and become her friend on facebook. Follow her on twitter. Follow her in real life. Stalk her and her friends...you know, strictly for informational purposes.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Wow... so as a single mother, I'm no longer desirable as a partner for another human being? I am now unworthy of love and companionship because I have a child and was intelligent enough to leave an abusive ex? Well crap :sad:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Well the divorced-with-kids is a whole new dynamic. She's being a good parent by not trotting new guys in front of the kids. Older kids understand (might hate it too), but younger kids might get confused (I have a 9 year old myself).

So umm how many dads are we talking about here? Is she teeing up a meal ticket? Kind of a rude question, but this kind of thing happens, especially with deadbeat dads.
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    this is a serious post and any help would be appreciated. She hasn't invited me to her house and we've been dating for close to 3 months. also, she hasn't introduced me to anyone. i find this very strange

Don't you know where she lives? You can't visit, drive by? Have a friend ring the doorbell and ask for the man of the house.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    this is a serious post and any help would be appreciated. She hasn't invited me to her house and we've been dating for close to 3 months. also, she hasn't introduced me to anyone. i find this very strange

dude me thinks you're a "booty call" also:
    do you have the home number? when you call who answers, if her is she abrupt and impersonal? are there back ground sounds? if so what are they? why don't you ask her? or(and this may get a little tricky) just start wearing glitter on your dates it's a pain to wash off if she's married she will complain about it..... this last part could have side effects
    you just answered your own question:flowerforyou:
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think just straight up asking her is the only way to settle this. If she becomes upset, cite the reasons you've noted here (not meeting any of her friends, never going to her place, etc.)

if you don't feel comfortable talking to her about EVERYTHING... it's NOT a strong relationship
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Wow... so as a single mother, I'm no longer desirable as a partner for another human being? I am now unworthy of love and companionship because I have a child and was intelligent enough to leave an abusive ex? Well crap :sad:

Of course you aren't unworthy :flowerforyou: some people just talk crap
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Aren't you friends with her on FB yet?
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Are you dating a person or a cat? Why not ask him or her? If you think they are lying, then don't date them.
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options

Don't you know where she lives? You can't visit, drive by? Have a friend ring the doorbell and ask for the man of the house.

i do not know where she lives. she never invites me over. she always wants to meet at places hence my doubt. i dont have children but you would think her ex would have the children from time to time permitting her time to spend at her house? she has even mentioned that her children are at her ex's. i have invited her over plenty of times.
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options
    Aren't you friends with her on FB yet?

she said she doesn't use her facebook
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I guess I don't know why you think she is married? What has triggered these suspicions? I've heard a lot of good reasons debunking the "check for wedding ring" and "won't invite you home" theories. I guess a quick troll of the internet, google, facebook, linkedin searches would help. Public records would help. But why are you concerned?

BTW, I don't get the "don't date single moms" thing at all. If somebody wants to explain that, I'm curious.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options

she's not ready to introduce you to her kids. this is a healthy thing. she doesn't want to track men through their lives that have no meaning to them or who may not work out. and yes, three months is a very short amount of time when you consider the impact on the kid's lives/psyches. don't push it, there is no reason for you to go to her place, is there? if it means that much to you then talk to her about it.