I hate lunges!!!

Options
I hate lunges very very much. I don't know why, because even the thought of them makes me so mad...LOL...I love squats and can do those all day but lunges are my weakness, what is the exercise you hate the most and how do you overcome it?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I hate them too....but did jump lunges on Friday and my quads are still sore - so they must be good :/
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    star jumpers.

And I just don't do them.

I'm not particularly fond of benching- but I do that anyway. I just complain the whole time.
    I hate them too....but did jump lunges on Friday and my quads are still sore - so they must be good

nope- being sore doesn't mean it's good- it just means they are muscles you haven't used in a while.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Mine is also lunges, but that's largely because I have a bad knee, and they are one of the few moves that make me still look like a wobbly shaky newbie with Barbie weights. :) I overcome it by reminding myself how awesome I feel now doing a full barbell squat and that the only way to feel that awesome and look that badass with lunges is to keep at them.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I don't do jumping lunges because of my knees, but i know lunges are good I just feel so awkward doing them and so unstable, maybe is a form thing...lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges the most because I always fall over. =(
  • 3laine75
    Options
    star jumpers.

And I just don't do them.

I'm not particularly fond of benching- but I do that anyway. I just complain the whole time.
    I hate them too....but did jump lunges on Friday and my quads are still sore - so they must be good

nope- being sore doesn't mean it's good- it just means they are muscles you haven't used in a while.

Still counting it as good :D
  • eugovogue
    Options
    I HATE burpees!

I once read that Jessic Alba's trainer created a workout plan that consisted of mostly burpees to get her in shape for some shindig. I thought "What a terrible way to live"
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I don't do jumping lunges because of my knees, but i know lunges are good I just feel so awkward doing them and so unstable, maybe is a form thing...lol
    Me too, and that's why I do them, to strengthen my stabilising muscles, improve my terrible balance and prevent injury. Suck it up and get lunging! Look up "disco lunges" for a fun version that really challenges your balance and hip flexors :flowerforyou:
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I hated pull-ups, so I did a pull-up challenge - 50 Pull-ups a day, 6 days a week, 3 weeks. Now I don't hate pull-ups.

Used to hate Deadlifts, now I've just stuck 30KG\66Lbs onto my PB in 5 months, by pushing each session.

Take your weakness and turn it into a strength - best way to stop hating them
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

oh they are still good- but they are good because they are a good exercise-not because they made you sore.

Sorry I'm a stickler on that one. LOL
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges the most because I always fall over. =(

And I thought I was the only one with that problem! :laugh:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges the most, but they are still part of my workout :sad:

As much as I hate them, I have noticed how good my legs and butt look because of them which is why I make myself do them.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Lunges!! They are my nemesis. I do them on Wednesdays - love everything else about my workout that day, but hate lunges!
  • anotherkatie16
    anotherkatie16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Burpees and bosu-ball lunges for me. My PT also has me do the ab roller and I hate that too.

Lots of exercises make me feel great, though--deadlifts, squats, wall-sits with bicep curls, clean and press, back extenders, upright row....
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sit-ups, leg lifts . . . anything specifically stomach and abs. You cannot breathe as freely when you are tightening your stomach and not relaxing it. I hate the feeling of not being able to breathe.
    I find the least objectionable exercises, though, (toes to bar, etc.) and I do them.
  • 3laine75
    Options

oh they are still good- but they are good because they are a good exercise-not because they made you sore.

Sorry I'm a stickler on that one. LOL

Haha no probs. I used to think a guy I worked with was off his head because he liked that sore feeling....I am that d!ck now. The squats etc don't produce DOMS now so it's a nice wee novelty when a new exercise does - very sad, i know :/
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    mountain climbers and burpees. If I never do either one of those again, I'll be happy.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I don't feel so bad now, I feel so incompetent when I am doing a lunge....I especially hate the one leg lunge when you have to do it and return to the upright position. I feel like I will fall over each time!!
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I HATE burpees!

I once read that Jessic Alba's trainer created a workout plan that consisted of mostly burpees to get her in shape for some shindig. I thought "What a terrible way to live"
    Burpees are the worst ever!!!! And Jessica Alba may be gorgeous but crikey......where's the fun in that lol
  • 3laine75
    Options
    I don't feel so bad now, I feel so incompetent when I am doing a lunge....I especially hate the one leg lunge when you have to do it and return to the upright position. I feel like I will fall over each time!!

Think of all the stabiliser muscles you're using.....great stuff :)