What was the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• PrettyAlaskan
    PrettyAlaskan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The Secret ~ there's a lot of good stuff about positive thought patterns and stuff. Sometimes there is drama in life that is unavoidable and causes many negative thoughts though. I wish I knew the secret to avoiding drama altogether, but then I suppose that I would have to avoid life itself.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Re-reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I'm looking forward to her next in the series to come out. I haven't read any of her non-fiction yet. Hoping it'll come in at the library.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Recently finished Doctor Sleep by Stephen King and Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver.

Currently reading Madame Bovary by Gustav Flaubert.

Up next: The Abominable by Dan Simmons, the finally getting back to In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson. Hoping to get through both of those before the new Christopher Moore book is released.
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    recently read all of the White Flag of the Dead books. Cant remember the author. but the are great if you like zombies. also read the mortal instruments (im stuck on book 4 it kinda lost me)
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Unbroken A World War II Story of Survival Resilience and Redemption
    Author: Laura Hillenbrand
  • meb0407
    meb0407 Posts: 492
    Options
    The Jungle Books by Kipling.... both books...
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The next to the last one in the Ender's Game series.

I've started a couple more since then, but that story is still stuck in my head and nothing else seems worth my time at the moment. Lol
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Just finished : "Eldritch Tales" (compendium of lesser known Lovecraft stories, some I had never read)
    Currently re-reading : "The Prince"
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    conair curling iron manual
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    , criminal Karen slaughter
  • willpowerbaby214
    Options
    Find you in the dark by Meredith Walters, I have two chapters to go. But I have a feeling I am not gonna like the ending.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Zealot - by Reza Aslan
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown...currently reading his latest one Inferno.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, and almost finished with Dad is Fat, by Jim Gaffigan
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I love to read, but it does go in cycles...currently finishing up Harlen Coben, No Second Chance. I can't wait to sift through these later to look for my next good read!
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    in the process of reading notorious nineteen by janet evonavich.. the stephanie plum series.... this is amazing, funny and a joy to read.

I do have her #20 on hold...just came out in November, so might be a while, but yes, although they're all alike, they are easy and quick reads and who DOESN'T want to dream about Ranger????
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    in the process of reading notorious nineteen by janet evonavich.. the stephanie plum series.... this is amazing, funny and a joy to read.

I do have her #20 on hold...just came out in November, so might be a while, but yes, although they're all alike, they are easy and quick reads and who DOESN'T want to dream about Ranger????

Ah yes, team ranger all the way :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You Gotta Have Heart: A History of Washington Baseball from 1859 to the 2012 National League East Champions
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I just finished a triology by Paul Hoffman called the Left Hand of God. I read all three, quite long, books in a week they were so gripping.

It was a great though I was outraged reading one particular chapter describing a battle, because the author was describing the battle of Agincourt, then I I realised I was a complete nerd for knowing that it was a random medieval history episode being copyright violated.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Season of Migration to the North", it was absolutely amazing...

Now I'm reading "All Quiet on the Western Front".