Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Since-Before-You-Were-Born-ebook/dp/B00EHT3B5G
    Book Description
    "Spinach plopped from a can. Couches burning in the yard. A car with a good view of the pavement below. Sometimes, it just ain't easy growing up. But in this book of fiction, C.W. Grody takes a funny, and often ridiculous, look at the world in which he grew up. The result is a funny but sometimes poignant look at children trying to make sense of their world while their parents struggle to somehow make sure the kids make it to adulthood."

"Since Before You Were Born" by C.W.Gordy Only $2.99 on Amazon. Short read but very funny. If you were born in the mid 60's and lived in a small town you will LOVE this book. What made it even better for me is the Author grew up in the same town that I did and is only a couple years older. So places and names in the book are very familiar.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Force Protection by Gordon Kent.

Working my way throught the Game of Thrones books, but I don't (didn't) have the Dance with Dragons books so i needed a quick filler while I waiting on an Amazon delivery.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Dexter by design, not my usual sort of book, but i only recently discovered the tv program Dexter, and now that it's finished i'm reading the books to compare, must admit i'm finding them entertaining and i'm getting through them at a fast rate

i'm also currently reading Nicholas St North to my son, and i'm finding that very good as well lol. i do love the rise of the guardians film, and it's interesting to find out the story behind the story
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Dust Patricia cornwell
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The Lies of Locke Lamora. Fantasy meets crime caper meets A Tale of Two Cities
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Divergent by Veronica Roth
    The Shining by Stephen King
    and
    Once We were Brothers by Ronald Balson

=)
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk. I am currently in the search for a new novel to read. Maybe I'll find a good one here.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    'Gone Girl' - Gillian Flynn - Soooo good! I'm now reading 'Sharp Objects'!!
  • ambercracker
    Options
    The Exorcist- Much scarier then the movie!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Wired for Love - what an eye opener :grumble:
  • StillLisa106
    Options
    I'm reading Lulu In Marrakesh, by Diane Johnson. Sophisticated chick lit. ;-)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I read a ton. Just finished rereading "The Magicians" and "The Magician King" by Lev Grossman. I love them both as someone who was obsessed with Narnia as a kid.

Ick, I hated "The Magicians". To each his own but I thought it was a total rip off of Harry Potter and Narnia...except written for the kids that read those and are now grown up so there is sex, swearing and substance abuse. It wasn't for me at all. Transfiguration into ferrets so they all have sex with eachother? weird.

By the way, my last book was "Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows" as I had never read the series before. I've been in a bit of a throwback mood I guess. I am now reading "Random Family" which strikes me as very dense so far. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels - Making the Cut
  • 2_6y_4_U
    Options
    50 shades of grey
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    "Under an Afghan Sky" by Mellissa Fung. Awesome read, I couldn't put it down.
  • apercanis
    Options
    Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    "Foundation and Earth" by I.Azimov - had somehow missed out on the whole Foundation series so caught up over the holidays.
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am now reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn both awesome books

I just finish "Gone Girl" and had to read "Dark Places" and "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn. All three were great!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My own. Working my way through my latest MS for a February release. :happy:

ETA: Good grief. Typo.
  • TrevNiel22
    Options
    Zombie survival guide, By Max brooks, Still reading it.