What was the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The Collins English Dictionary. Fascinating reading. And yes, contrary to how most Americans pronounce, the word 'herb' really does begin with a H.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Only the innocent" by Rachel Abbott....
  • LADYFAHMY
    Options
    Escape from camp 14. A story of a north Korean mans escape from a work camp. Blaine Harden tells the story of Shin Dong-hyuk.
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Let Me Off at the Top by Ron Burgandy. Won it in the white elephant gift exchange at my office.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Finished rereading the Codex Alera series (6 books) by Jim Butcher.
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - a light chick lit book for book club. Not my type of thing, but good if you like lighter, almost young adult reading.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    The Go Giver
  • xEarthBoundMisfit
    Options
    lies my teacher told me-james w. loewen
  • supergirl212
    Options
    body sculpting bible for women... it works
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    lies my teacher told me-james w. loewen

Amazing Book
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    starting Dorian Gray
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Just finished Linda Ronstadt's memoir "Simple Dreams" - - she's a very good writer! Just started The 100-year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson which is very funny, sort of a Swedish "Forrest Gump".
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I finished The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic on Friday (DREADFUL!!!) and The Fellowship of the Ring last night (not dreadful, but ASOIAF is better).

About to pick up Peter Pan again and finish it this time.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Hidden Order" by Brad Thor. When I'm done with it I'll be all caught up on the series.

Before that I read a stupid western called The Butcher of Bear Creek by JA Johnstone.

Not sure what's up next. But I've decided it will be an author I haven't read before.
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just downsized to two short bookcases. Mostly gardening, crafts, spiritual like The Four Agreements, Conversations With God, do it yourself books and when it comes to fiction I love biographies. Most recent finished was Changing My Mind by Margaret Trudeau (Canada's former PM's wife) . Currently reading Arnold Schwarzenegger's Bio: Total Recall; My Unbelievably True Life Story. Very inspiring!
  • ellantz8
    ellantz8 Posts: 619
    Options
    Just finished 11/22/63 AMAZING!
  • sjhundley
    sjhundley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit lame...lol Last book was Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. I felt like a quick fun read.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit lame...lol Last book was Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. I felt like a quick fun read.
    Love that entire series (though Chamber of Secrets was a bit meh). I've read them all twice and just read Socerer's Stone out loud to my fiance. He isn't a reader on his own, but he loves the movies and I thought he should know what's in the books.

We're working on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy now, but then we'll do Chamber and the rest.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coelho.......same author who wrote "The Alchemist"