Toning

Options
1235»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone is perfectly clear...

...I am *not* qualified to answer this question.

(Didn't want there to be any confusion.)

ETA: I've noticed that extreme calorie deficits make people irritable and cranky. OP, what is your daily calorie deficit? (No, seriously...no snark...I mean this sincerely. It's worth considering.)
    about 200-500 depending on the day and if I went to the gym or not

That seems reasonable.
  • jessikerz07
    jessikerz07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone is perfectly clear...

...I am *not* qualified to answer this question.

(Didn't want there to be any confusion.)

ETA: I've noticed that extreme calorie deficits make people irritable and cranky. OP, what is your daily calorie deficit? (No, seriously...no snark...I mean this sincerely. It's worth considering.)
    about 200-500 depending on the day and if I went to the gym or not

That seems reasonable.

:happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.
    I have lost 60lbs and I am trying to tone my stomach and arms.
    Does anyone know of a good firming cream that would help with the process.
    I have begun doing toning exercises, just want something to help with the process :)
    Thanks!
    Jessica
    Well there's no such thing as "toning" exercises. A bicep curl is a bicep curl, not a "toning" curl. And I'm betting you're doing high repetitions with low weight which doesn't do very much for the "conditioning" of the muscle with the exception of building it's endurance. Also, no exercise can spot reduce any body part.
    Muscle has to be challenged to get "harder". That usually means using a resistance that will make it contract harder and weights are usually going to be heavier.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    Hello Everyone.
    I have begun doing toning exercises, just want something to help with the process :)
    Thanks!
    Jessica
    Well there's no such thing as "toning" exercises. A bicep curl is a bicep curl, not a "toning" curl. And I'm betting you're doing high repetitions with low weight which doesn't do very much for the "conditioning" of the muscle with the exception of building it's endurance. Also, no exercise can spot reduce any body part.
    Muscle has to be challenged to get "harder". That usually means using a resistance that will make it contract harder and weights are usually going to be heavier.

IDEA Fitness member
    Thank you for your comment.
    When I lift weights I do 1-12 reps the first time, add more weight then do 8-10 reps then add more weight and burn out :)
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    Hello Everyone.
    Thanks!
    Jessica

IDEA Fitness member
    Thank you for your comment.
    When I lift weights I do 1-12 reps the first time, add more weight then do 8-10 reps then add more weight and burn out :)
    ment to say 10-12 with the first set!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    ABOLENE CREAM AND PLASTIC WRAP OR WAIST TRIMMERS CAN BY AT WALMART REALLY CHEAP FORCES OUT WATER WEIGHT AND CELLULITE AND WORK OUT HARD WITH SWEATS ON
    Wut?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ABOLENE CREAM AND PLASTIC WRAP OR WAIST TRIMMERS CAN BY AT WALMART REALLY CHEAP FORCES OUT WATER WEIGHT AND CELLULITE AND WORK OUT HARD WITH SWEATS ON

sounds legit...
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my thread.
    I now know not to spend money on a firming/toning cream:tongue:
    I will continue to work hard at the gym and see the results.
    I do see where I have taken things personally, so I am sorry if I offended anyone!!:flowerforyou:
    Thanks again
    Seldom have I seen a thread go sideways like this one and then "end" with a comment this gracious from the party who took offense. Bravo, jessikerz. A whole bench of :flowersforyou: :smile:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Any cream works. You put it on the very top shelf, the you use the shelf to do pullups everytime you need to reach the cream. Then you move it to the bottom shelf and do squats when you need to get it.
    Then you eat a little bit less. Tadaaaa!

Totally this! :happy:
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    LOL toning cream :laugh:

Some body builders out here where I am use Preparation H to tighten skin before an event :laugh:
    So yeah you might be able to smear some hemorrhoid cream all over.. :laugh:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The only cream I'm down for is ice cream.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my thread.
    I now know not to spend money on a firming/toning cream:tongue:
    I will continue to work hard at the gym and see the results.
    I do see where I have taken things personally, so I am sorry if I offended anyone!!:flowerforyou:
    Thanks again

:drinker: CLAPS!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Some body builders out here where I am use Preparation H to tighten skin before an event :laugh:

They do? :noway:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

They do? :noway:

It's well known that you can use preparation H under your eyes before going on television to get rid of bags. Not sure if it can affect an area of skin large enough for BB purposes tho
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Astroglide has been my "firming lotion" of choice.
  • hannahsauce
    Options
    Nia Shanks. Lift like a girl. OR Beautiful Badass. Both excellent programs! She doesn't worry so much about "weight" itself. More about being fit and healthy. Check into this, it may help!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting. "Toning" is just building muscle and burning body fat. Women lack the testosterone (At least almost all of them do) to really "bulk up". We "tone up" with heavy lifting.

Which reminds me, I have some squats to do :wink:
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    Nia Shanks. Lift like a girl. OR Beautiful Badass. Both excellent programs! She doesn't worry so much about "weight" itself. More about being fit and healthy. Check into this, it may help!
    awesome thank you :)