Breasts, leave them or Augment them?

Options

Replies

• Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Natural regardless of size > Fake

My husband would agree with you as well, but unfortunately he is not the one looking in the mirror everyday at them. All he sees are "fun bags" (his term, I swear!!) But I HATE how the skin wrinkles and bunches up due to the excess skin and less fat in them and I HATE how they droop - I'm deeply concerned I will have breasts down to my knees, even with an excellent bra. My husband says I'm perfectly fine and he still enjoys them and I am saddened and disappointed by them.
    Maybe I should just accept them down to my knees similar to how my husband may one day accept his b*lls doing an old man's HIYA to the neighbour while he wears shorts :)

My ex always said my breasts were "fine". FINE? No. That made me angry. Don't effing lie to me, they're deflated and saggy, and YOUR DAMN KID DID IT TO ME!

Wow... I hope this isn't a kid you gave birth to.

80707362_o_zps6b35b155.gif

...what? Clearly you've never given birth or breastfed for a year.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

My husband would agree with you as well, but unfortunately he is not the one looking in the mirror everyday at them. All he sees are "fun bags" (his term, I swear!!) But I HATE how the skin wrinkles and bunches up due to the excess skin and less fat in them and I HATE how they droop - I'm deeply concerned I will have breasts down to my knees, even with an excellent bra. My husband says I'm perfectly fine and he still enjoys them and I am saddened and disappointed by them.
    Maybe I should just accept them down to my knees similar to how my husband may one day accept his b*lls doing an old man's HIYA to the neighbour while he wears shorts :)

My ex always said my breasts were "fine". FINE? No. That made me angry. Don't effing lie to me, they're deflated and saggy, and YOUR DAMN KID DID IT TO ME!

:love: I love this comment
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Actually I've done both. I was just a little miffed that you would refer to your kid as a "damn kid." But hey, call your kid whatever you want.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    im all for going under the knife you worked too hard not to feel fabulous and if those help more power to you
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's apparent that women care more about what boobs look like than men....

i agree
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Function over Form.
    Oxytocin anybody? :tongue:
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm leaning towards an augmentation but cannot do so for another few years due to finances (I need to save $ and I've seen quotes for $7000 + here in Canada).
    How was the scaring and healing time? was it minimal?
    A breast lift doesn't appeal to me due solely to the lollipop scar.

Healing time was not bad, but I think it depends alot on the doctors technique. Same thing goes for scaring. My doctor goes in under the breast and makes a tiny incision. So very small scar, after 6 months you don't see it anymore. As far as the price, I had mine done in Houston and it was a little over $5,000 but I also had some lypo & scar revision done on some old surgery scars. A breast lift usually cost more than augmentation cause theres more to it. I plan on going back to the same plastic surgeon as before since he did such a great job. He quoted me $5,000 for replacements next year. If you do decide to do it, make sure you do your research on different doctors and their procedure. And don't let people knock you for wanting or doing it. To each thier own, do what you want to do, and do it for you. Do what makes you happy. :flowerforyou:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    IMO I think it is a personal issue, that is personal to the person that feels they need surgery/not a partner.

If the person considering augmentation/surgery feels that it is necessary then that is their choice.

Any surgery can have complications and should never be taken lightly.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    PICS!!!

other than that i say leave em alone. theres nothing sexier than real breasts.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I think you have to answer that for yourself. I would go in to see a doctor for a consult. You can get a digitized photo of what you can expect your results to be. If you're significantly happier with the results, go for it.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    hey.. ontario here as well OP ;)

im thinking of going in for a consult for prices etc... tummy tuck and lift (perhaps augments).. was a DD and went to a B cup after losing 40lbs .... five kids, all breast fed.. my husband is game.. providing we can afford it. ;) $$$$$

I am not interested in being larger at all... just perkier would be nice ; )

good luck
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Would love to have them done but I'd also have to have leg lifts (do they do that?) and tummy tuck to complete the look otherwise I'd have nice boobs but saggy everything else. That kinda defeats the purpose of it. Costs too much too. My hubs said who cares. He's happy and rest of world sees me in clothes anyway. Know it's stupid but I am also put off by the image of a mortician having to remove them to cremate me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Meh. Boobs are overrated. I just don't know that they are important enough to have surgery and get a foreign object implanted under the skin.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Meh. Boobs are overrated. I just don't know that they are important enough to have surgery and get a foreign object implanted under the skin.

Agreed. Although I looooove boobs :love: But I could not justify spending thousands of dollars on something like that.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't fantastic anymore, but I plan on having kids someday and they'll probably be even less fantastic after that debacle. The answer for me would be to wait until that day comes and reasses. Even then, I'm generally accepting of my body and I hate having surgery, soooooo... I probably wouldn't follow through.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    IMO you don't have to decide now. You say it will take you a few years to save up the money. You're so young, they may firm up on their own over time. After I finished breastfeeding, my boobs looked like sad, wet socks hanging on a radiator, but they perked back up and I was already 41 by then!
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options

Actually I've done both. I was just a little miffed that you would refer to your kid as a "damn kid." But hey, call your kid whatever you want.

this

and just for the record I have also done both
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I think if you want to, go for it. A lift is something to consider yes, but if you have lost a lot of volume you could end up with substantially smaller breasts, albeit perky ones. My advice is go in for a consult (they're usually free) and talk to a Dr about your options and what kind of results to realistically expect given your circumstances.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'v always had small breast. Almost 10 years ago, I lost alot of weight and my small breast became even smaller. Think A cup to bee stings, lol. In 2004 I went in for breast Augmentation and went from a VERY small A to a full D. Best decision of my life!! I say go for it, but do it for you and nobody else. Mine will be 10 years old in March and are perky as can be. :laugh: :happy: I do plan on going in next year for another augmentation but only because I want them bigger. :tongue:

Also wanted to add, that even after I put on an extra 60 pounds, had a child and then lost the weight again. Boobies still perky!! :happy: :laugh:

Good luck with your decision.

I shall take your pic with me when I tell the surgeon what size I want. Beautiful side boob :blushing:

I want new ones so MrBigMack doesn't need to unroll it like a deflated air mattress to find the little bit that goes in your mouth :laugh:
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    im thinking of having mine done too one day, whenever i hear people talking about lifts and that it is usually women that are older and/or have breastfed ect. im only 23 and never had kids and already i am disappointed with my breasts! if this is how it is now i cant imagine how it will be after a kid. not sure if this is a stupid question...but can you breastfeed if you have implants?