Breasts, leave them or Augment them?

Options

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    PICS!!!

other than that i say leave em alone. theres nothing sexier than real breasts.

except a woman confident in her body
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    PICS!!!

other than that i say leave em alone. theres nothing sexier than real breasts.

except a woman confident in her body

Most people who say "there's nothing sexier than real breasts" probably don't find a lot of those so-called "real breasts" all that sexy. Women with ptosis, extreme sag, or noticeable asymmetry are not crazy when they think that their breasts aren't generally found to be all that attractive. Of course, a woman's breasts aren't her only asset in the sexiness department, and not all partners will value the appearance of breasts to a great degree. Usually when I hear "there's nothing sexier than real breasts", I think it means that SMALL breasts are still sexy. So I wouldn't advocate implants to a woman who has small, but well-shaped and well-proportioned breasts. If you're slender, with narrow hips, small breasts look much better than larger breasts. If you're petite, small breasts will make you look thinner. Larger breasts can often create the impression that a woman is overweight even when she isn't, and overly-large implants just look ridiculous.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had implants done in 2002, and they've given me no problems since then, and they look GREAT. But not all implants are created equal, as some of the anecdotes in this thread will attest. Mine look so good, that when I've told people they were implants, they were shocked. They "bounce", and they don't look "bolted on", which is usually the hallmark of above-the-muscle implants and the hamburger-shaped standard implants. And most importantly, they're proportional to my frame. My bust measurement is now within an inch of my hip measurement, giving me the hourglass figure I was looking for. I went with "high profile" implants which are slightly cone-shaped, giving more projection and a more natural shape. The so-called "anatomical" shape implants don't look as natural to me as the high profile ones do.

My advice in a nutshell:

1. Find a really good female plastic surgeon. She will be less likely to give you clown boobs than a male surgeon who is thinking about them more from the perspective of the viewer than the person who has to carry them around everywhere.

2. Don't worry about scars unless you know you tend to scar badly. Inframammary incision site is usually the best, unless your surgeon recommends armpit, navel, or aureola. Unless you have a tendency to scar badly, the scars will fade very well over time, especially if you have pale skin. And if you're in a position that someone is looking for your surgery scar, chances are they already know you have implants, so who cares?

3. Go for under-the-muscle placement, rather than over-the-muscle. The outline of the implant is much less obvious with a layer of muscle over it, and it doesn't impair the function of the muscle at all.

4. Don't go into a consultation saying you want to be a "D cup" or whatever. Bring photos of clothed models in bikinis that have your overall body type, that have the overall proportion you're looking for. Cup sizes are not well understood by most people, so what you think is a D cup and what your surgeon thinks is a D cup are probably two different things. Make sure your surgeon understands that you're more concerned about them being too big than you are that they won't be big enough. That will give your surgeon the idea that they need to be more restrained than if they were operating on a stripper or something.

5. Get a new bra fitting after your new breasts have "dropped". And don't be alarmed if the cup size letter is further along in the alphabet than you expected, most people wear the wrong band size, and therefore the cup size they're used to is not the cup size they actually have. True A, B, and C cup breasts actually aren't as common as people think. I'm a 32E, but you'd never know it to look at me, you'd probably guess a C cup if I was wearing a T-shirt. But I have a small rib cage, so the cup size ratio turned out to be an E.

6. Massage your augmented breasts properly, so that the "pocket" can form. The more room you have in the pocket, the more your breasts will move, and the more natural they will look.

7. Before you even think about getting an augmentation, try getting a proper bra fitting at your current size. You might have better boobs than you think you do.

8. Don't get implants because you think another person will like your body better. Do it because you'll like your body better, or don't do it.

9. Do your homework. Check out your surgeon online. Don't go with the lowest bidder. With cosmetic surgery, you usually get what you pay for. Doing it right the first time is much cheaper than having to fix a botched job. I paid $6,000 for mine in 2002, but they turned out perfectly. And they're still going strong, 12 years later.

10. LESS IS MORE. You don't want to look like the letter P. :laugh:

VERY informative, thank-you
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    not sure if this is a stupid question...but can you breastfeed if you have implants?
    Yes and no. There are many factors which go into whether or not a woman is able to breastfeed after having her breasts augmented. It depends upon many things, such as the make up of your breasts prior to the surgery, such as whether or not you were or would have been able to breastfeed prior to the augmentation being done. It also depends upon the procedure itself, technique used, placement of the implants, time after the procedure for your body to heal, time for the nerves to regrow, and location of your scaring and whether or not it would interfere with the body's ability to make milk. I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of factors other factors, but hpefully you get the point. A lot of women are able to breastfeed after augmentation, but many are not able to, even with "breastfeeding friendly" procedures.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My sister and I lost weight together in 2011 after we both had babies, and we both ended up with this problem. I knew I planned one more baby (whom I'm now nursing), so I didn't do anything because of that. She went to a reputable plastic surgeon for a consultation.

She figured she'd be getting a lift (she used to be a DD), but she really had zero volume left. She could literally fold her boobs into her bra. (My former Ds were bad but not quite to that degree.) The doctor recommended implants because she a lift would have left her practically flat.

She had it done and feels super confident. I haven't seen them naked, but under clothes they look AWESOME. I think she has a full C cup, which looks right on her now-fit body. Because she found a super awesome surgeon, they look totally natural, too.

I saw what they looked like before, and I would have done it, too. I drove her home after surgery, and she was loopy, and on day 2 she didn't take all her pain meds because she didn't like taking them. She was sore but far better on day 2 than later on day 1. Every day was an improvement. She had surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work the following Monday. She says she healed beautifully, but I'll have to take her word for it ;)

As for me, I'm going to see what they're like when I'm done nursing and then losing weight, but if it's anything like they were before, I'm probably getting implants. Before I got pregnant again I probably did not have enough volume for a lift.

As for you, you have to do what makes you happy. Just be sure to find a super reputable surgeon!

ETA that she had silicone implants, and she got them done early this year.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Is it really only $5-7k? I know a girl who got them last year and paid $25k and said she got a smokin' deal and it's often $40k!

My sister had some breast cosmetic surgery in the 80s and it was a botch job. She has terrible scars and her breasts look very different from each other. But I'm sure that's rare these days.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've always had naturally big boobs but when I gain weight the fat goes to my boobs first making them even bigger than they already are. I have chronic back pain which causes my horrible posture and constant headaches. I have been wanting to get a reduction for the longest time but sadly do not have $8,000 laying around. Getting insurance to cover the surgery is very hard. For my insurance they require a BMI of 28 and under and they have to be able to get ride of at least 2 pounds per breast. You also have to "fail" physical therapy. I'm just waiting for the day I win the lotto so I can chop these boobies off.

Keep holding on and waiting. You appear to be fairly early in your weight loss. I am the same as you in that the fat goes straight to the ladies when I gain weight. That and my thighs. :grumble: It's taken almost 30 lbs, but they're finally starting to shrink now that I'm almost at my goal weight. I've gone from a 34 DD+ to a 32DD/34D, which will hopefully be a 32D/34C before by the time I'm moving to maintenance. I'm still wearing my 34D bras though on the tightest hook as I don't have any bras in a 32 band width. I, unfortunately, got blessed with the larger boob genes in my family, so I'm looking forward to having a normal smaller size.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, I am only 19 and do not have to deal with sagging yet but doing bench presses has helped fill out my chest a little. Building muscle doesn't increase the breast tissue but, for me, it has made them appear fuller. I went from a 36D to 32C.

If you decide on an augmentation, all the power to you if it helps you feel better!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Is it really only $5-7k? I know a girl who got them last year and paid $25k and said she got a smokin' deal and it's often $40k!

She may have opted for fat transfer breast augmentation. The surgeon, location as well as pre and post surgery care can also affect total cost.
  • MeredithDeVoe
    Options
    The girls go through changes throughout your life. After each of my babies, and months of breastfeeding during which I had Bazongas, not breasts, they shrunk down to nothing after weaning. I also was losing weight at this time. I went down to A cups. After a few years though, they came back. Even when I was my slimmest, I was wearing C cups.

Because my girls grew so much during pregnancy, I would be very careful in thinking about whether that's in your future or not. I actually got stretch marks on my breasts from the swelling. I have no idea what impact that would have on breastfeeding, either.

I would think carefully, that's all. It's not something I would ever do personally but I'm not going to tell you what to do or not do.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Admittedly, I am only 19 and do not have to deal with sagging yet but doing bench presses has helped fill out my chest a little. Building muscle doesn't increase the breast tissue but, for me, it has made them appear fuller. I went from a 36D to 32C.

If you decide on an augmentation, all the power to you if it helps you feel better!

Ditto@ bold. I believe that heavy lifting has aided in giving me enough of a projection, to achieve a 3" from base, hence my choice of inculcating the BRAVA system, to create the expansion and replication of breast tissue. I fill out a D cup now, just not the way I want it to look in a D cup bra ~ so, to me I'm still a C cup until I am satisfied. So yay!!

ETA; Moreso, pectoral major and minor muscles development, which is certainly not breast tissue.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Most people who say "there's nothing sexier than real breasts" probably don't find a lot of those so-called "real breasts" all that sexy.

I'm pretty sure any man can find something sexy in absolutely any pair of real breasts. I may be oversharing here, but whether it's the overall shape, the curve under the breast, the curve from the top down to the nipple, the size of the nipples (some like 'em big, some like 'em small), the shape or colour of the areolae, the softness, texture, or firmness of the breast, the responsiveness of the nipples, or the skin of the intermammary cleft, there is always something sexy in one or more of those elements to make every many happy.

Have you noticed that not one male in this thread has replied "Heck yes, by all means go and buy some double D hooters"?
  • WalkingAlong
    Options

She may have opted for fat transfer breast augmentation. The surgeon, location as well as pre and post surgery care can also affect total cost.
    I'm sure there was no fat transfer. She's a young girl with very low body fat. Probably the other.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

I'm sure there was no fat transfer. She's a young girl with very low body fat. Probably the other.

Ahhh that is a valid point indeed@BF% much like bodybuilders. The pricier implant is the Gummy Bear Breast Implants which has been the popular choice among the teen clientele. Depending on the surgeon and location cost soars above $6K -$10K per breast, partially due to duration of surgery too. If your teen friend had some form of breast constriction/ or was tuberous, which is common among teen girls, that adds to the cost ~ usually another $8K -$10K per breast. Your stated $40K is a very likely end tally to pay. :drinker:
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    That could be. I think the girl is around age 24.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering it as well...
    I only lost 30 lbs but they went from a G to a C and that C is just skin, I got mainly stretchmarked skin in my bra... nothing pretty about that.:sad:

I don't want them as big as they were but a C that's more than skin would be nice
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If you have a C cups no need to do anything, if you have less you should look in to it...the clothes look better, nothing better than an hourglass figure. curves rule!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I know I am not the only one who has experienced the loss and deflation of the breasts, especially "former" big chested women who's breasts now hang lower then the pectoral muscles. I do push-ups every day and though they are A LOT easier then when I first started and I am even able to "bounce" those muscles now (similar to how men are able to), this has done nothing for the perkiness or fullness of the breasts themselves.
    So my question is, what have you done? Have you accepted your breasts the way they are now or did you augment them in anyway?

I went from a B to a barely A cup now. Yes, I looked into getting them augmented, but it would be around $5,000 to do, so for now I just focus on the good about my weight loss, like being able to wear size 2 jeans now, instead of 14s :)
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options

"As far as the price, I had mine done in Houston and it was a little over $5,000 but I also had some lypo & scar revision done on some old surgery scars. I plan on going back to the same plastic surgeon as before since he did such a great job. He quoted me $5,000 for replacements next year."

"^^^^ This alone would deter me. $5,000 every 10 years or $500 per year, $41.66 per month.... for life~~~ So this is another payment on top of cars, on top of a house, etc.

Curious what happens if you do not replace in 10 years? What happens if you just want them out?
    "

That's a lot of $ to spend for the rest of your life on boobs, IMO. You can't just have them done once, they have to be replaced every 10 years. Surgery every 10 years just for boobs. I'd rather go to Europe on vacation instead!

Different people have different wants. I'd rather pay 40 a month to be happy with my body rather than, idk, drive a more expensive vehicle.

I agree. My money = my priorities, your money = your priorities. Also, having enough money to do everything you want helps so there's no tough decisions like boobs or mortgage. Advising others based on your wallet is silly.

Agreed. Plus people are assuming the person wanting the augmentation can't afford the surgery and a nice vacation or a jetski or a new car or a horse or whatever.

There's no rule they have to be replaced every ten years, that's just what my PS mentioned. My mom's are older than that and fine. I think most people just want upgrades.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    THROW SOME Ds ON THAT BISH!!!!!!