MuscleAndMascara
MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
..Alone, or with someone?

Why, or why not??

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I love working out, I go to the gym with my hubby, but we work out separately. Why because I like having him there but we do our own routines.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    alone in a moderately busy gym.

...spotters.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting alone because I make embarrassing noises. Everything else with someone because I am competitive so it drives me
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Alone. Most of the time I'm the only one even at my gym. I don't really even care, cause I put on my headphones and ignore everyone anyway. But I'm not a good gym buddy. I'm super competitive and yell at bad form.

Alone.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I'm on a time crunch I like to just get in there, pick up heavy stuff and then get out. But I've brought friends to my gym before and loved it, so it depends on my mood.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Alone. Most of the time I'm the only one even at my gym. I don't really even care, cause I put on my headphones and ignore everyone anyway. But I'm not a good gym buddy. I'm super competitive and yell at bad form.

Alone.

How is this not a good gym buddy? Sounds awesome! :tongue:
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love to work out, get cranky when I dont. Now that my wife is home I hope she will continue to go with me, if not I will do my own thing.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    By myself. I'm in my zone and I don't need other people getting in my way.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I wish I had a workout buddy sometimes but I do like working out alone. I can take my time and do what I want.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Alone. There are too many people that just want to stand around and talk instead of working out. I don't have a lot of available time to spend at the gym, so I try to make the most of it.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    I was going with my sister. We would chit chat while doing cardio but go our seperate ways on our routines.
    For a month I have been going alone and I liked it.. but now I want some company lol
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Right now I work out alone, but have had someone to work out with in the past.....

I am self motivated, so I can go either way......
    But a workout buddy can get you motivated on days where you feel like half-assing it.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I was going with my sister. We would chit chat while doing cardio but go our seperate ways on our routines.
    For a month I have been going alone and I liked it.. but now I want some company lol
    well if I was in AZ, I would join you.
    But we would have to do weights....not just cardio :wink:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky. I have done both. Lately I prefer to workout by myself, except for when I need a spotter.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Alone... working out is all about me.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Alone. My friends only like doing cardio and I don't hardly (ever) do that, and they don't like weights :smile:
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    With someone, extra motivation on those days you can't be bothered and helps you push past your limits
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Alone. My friends only like doing cardio and I don't hardly (ever) do that, and they don't like weights :smile:

shame on them

I am glad you pick up the weights girl.
    You look good. :flowerforyou:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    alone in a moderately busy gym.

...spotters.

this. i like having people available to spot, but if i work out with a friend we wind up chit chatting and it sorta kills my flow.

i used to lift with a buddy in college and our sessions would take twice as long as needed because we were talking and laughing the whole time.

run with a friend, lift alone.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    well if I was in AZ, I would join you.
    But we would have to do weights....not just cardio :wink:

Lol that's not all I do!
    I would prefer you show me some things with the weights anyways :)