Do you like to work out...

Options

Replies

• The_Fat_Friend
    The_Fat_Friend Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lift with a trainer, but for cardio I prefer alone or with my dog.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I like going alone but I think I need some motivation.
    I need someone to push me!!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Alone. I much prefer my home gym to a membership somewhere. I can blast my music, ignore everything else in the world for a bit, and I don't have to share space or equipment. Perfect.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    With others. I enjoy the company and it motivates me to keep going !!
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    Alone. I much prefer my home gym to a membership somewhere. I can blast my music, ignore everything else in the world for a bit, and I don't have to share space or equipment. Perfect.

I wish I had a home gym!!!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I love to work out. I like going to the gym. I've met so many great people there. I also like long runs. That's my "me time". It's where I think, work on solving all the worlds problems. It keeps me sane.
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like working out alone. I did have a friend join me a couple of times and I felt it took longer to get my workout done. I do have to admit though, some days I wish I had a buddy to spot me on bench presses. I'm too chicken *kitten* to lift out of my comfort zone because I'm worried about dropping the bar on me lol :ohwell: :blushing:
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Alone for the most part, but my husband is joining the gym after Christmas so that should be fun. I enjoy Zumba classes, even when they are crowded. I've tried making plans with friends to go to the same Zumba class & half the time they flake & don't show up. In a sick way this motivates me even more than if they had been there...
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

That's what we are here for!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I like going alone unless I need a spotter. Most of my friends get butthurt if we go to the gym together and I want to go at my own pace instead of waiting for them to finish before moving on to the next thing. I find that annoying.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options

That's what we are here for!

Ok well, push me lol
  • dadirtyredd1
    Options
    With or without doesn't matter to me. There's pros and cons to both, but as long as I get my workout in as efficiently as possible, then I'm good.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like to work out alone. Just to be focused and do my own thing.

But, I like to dance with others because it's more fun and provides more creative options.
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    I prefer to workout alone. I feel like I can get a lot more done in a lot less time and I work harder.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Just me and my trainer. Trying to get hubs in to it though. I think it would be SO HOT to lift weights together!! He's not so into the idea though, so it's just a sexy fantasy, for now.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    YES.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I would prefer with someone but my situation puts me alone and truthfully I get the most done that way.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ..Alone, or with someone?

Why, or why not??

Alone mostly, so I can do my routine at my pace. Fun to have someone to complete with at times though.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    both! I like doing weights with somone who can push me when I'm slacking. Cardio though I prefer to do on my own as it's more of a stress reliever than anything else for me:)
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I like to go alone, but I don't mind going with someone else as long as a) I can do whatever I am doing and not get into the whole 'well what do you want to do' thing, b) they will do whatever they want to do, and c) they aren't relying on me to be their motivation to keep going.

The best though is when my kids come to yoga with me, especially my uber-uncoordinated eldest son. It's really just plain fun to watch him balance. LOL. :devil: