Do you like to work out...

Options

Replies

• Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I just recently started working out with my brother.. I enjoy it. We play basketball or some other games/cardio and then do our separate routines. Usually though I go by myself. I like it that way... it's my time alone and I can concentrate and focus on me :)
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    With several people. I love group workouts. Quite frankly, doing martial arts its almost impossible to hold your own pads.

In addition, I like the group setting for every workout. I find it more motivating to be with friends who actually push each other.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Alone, I put on headphones and go for it. Music keeps me going and i get into work out.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I go alone mainly, my co-worker wants to start going with me so I can teach her some lifting things. I'm not sure how that will go lol. The boyfriend has never seen me train, as in lift weights or any of the plyo stuff I do but he has been with me at races ect.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I always work out on my, I do enjoy just being by myself, switched off to the world with my headphones in. And sometimes I just need to visit the gym for that stress relief and get away from everyone/thing.

Saying this, I would quite like to have a training partner some days as I think I would be able to push myself harder with the help of a spotter.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was going with my sister. We would chit chat while doing cardio but go our seperate ways on our routines.
    For a month I have been going alone and I liked it.. but now I want some company lol

I used to go with my neice all the time, then she got a part time job and was finishing college. Soooo I made friends with one of the regs (female) so now, sometimes we hop on cardio machines next to each other and shoot the breeze, then we go our own ways for our routines :smile: I like it either way.
  • atcross
    atcross Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    At home, usually alone. My husband has collected pretty much every piece of fitness equipment a person could possibly want in our basement, for which I am very grateful because I hate working out with an audience. We have a treadmill, a rower, lots of weights and lifting equipment, and (most importantly) a TV. Of course, I wouldn't mind if he were working out at the same time but our schedules rarely come together that way.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    When I run i get to eat more !
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like to work out alone at home and I walk / run with a buddy...there is way to many creeps at the park to be alone.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I prefer alone, but don't mind if there's someone else to lift with.

And I LOVE when I get to run with my 2 daughters....it just rarely happens.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I like going with someone just because I don't feel like I'm rushing through my workout. I give my muscles a little rest in between reps. Even tho going by myself and my headphones was pretty awesome! I did find I walked around a little aimlessly at first cos I planned on doing biceps and shoulders, but coachman last minute said shoulders and back. But after the first exercise I was game!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Alone and prefer it that way so I can get in a zone.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't really like lifting or running. I get most of my "fun" exercise playing basketball or some sports.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Alone. Just easier to go on my schedule without having to worry about another person. And it's my me time. It is sometimes useful to have a spotter though.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I don't mind working out. However, I am always alone.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    With someone, more motivation. I must win all things. But I'm fine with alone if there's no one around.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I like to have friends there with me to keep me accountable (ie get me to get to the gym) but I like to be in my zone by myself. So I don't care what the friends are doing, just that they are there and expecting to see me!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Turns out I prefer alone. Hubby and I tried working out together, turns out the only thing that go worked out was our jaw muscles. I had to say to him love you, mean it, going back to 7am by myself. Plus the gym is significantly less busy at that hour.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    no I don't like to sweat especially in my scalp
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    I love my workouts!!!! I most of the time am by myself but I do love my days with my trainer as well ... I find it distracting with friends there .... I use my workout as my therapy I just clean my mind and go hard at it!!!