Fast food meals high in protein

Options
124»

Replies

• Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i trade health foods for convenience most days. i know what i am supposed to eat, but tell that to my busy schedule! HA!

My favorite go-to is Wendy's. I get a Full size baja salad (comes with a small chilli) and a 4 piece nugget. I use one dressing and one of the sweet and sour dipping sauce. no crackers, no cheese, no sour cream, no chilli sauce, no ketchup, nothing else... and if they give me the extra stuff, i keep them in the fridge for future uses.

Second go-to is McDonald's. Southwest Salad, full size - with one dressing. chicken grilled :) and a fruit and yogurt parfait.

always try to get water for your meals.... Water > soda! (even the diet ones)

fast food salads are crap... but veggies are veggies :)
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that buffalo wings are not only one of my favorite foods, but are also an easy option when I eat fast food/ restaurant food that have a lot of protein and aren't too calorie heavy. The spicier the better IMO; studies show that eating spicy food can help you eat slower, unfortunately for me this isn't the case haha

Also Taco Bell is the most likely option for me as far as real "fast food".

Anything on the fresco menu without supreme in the name is under 200 calories...
    Chalupa supreme (chicken) 340 calories
    Gordita Supreme (Chicken) 270
    Most of the tacos are under 200 or so.

Not so bad if there's really not another option somehow.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    KFC, 8 piece bucket of chicken, no fries. If too high in fat for you then take off the skin. Depending on which pieces come in it, it should be 140-190 grams of protein.

Good grief. You recommend an 8 piece bucket to one person. No wonder America has an obesity problem...
  • eldamiano
    Options
    British battered fish, leave the batter. low calorie, low carb, ................... cod high in potassium what more do you need?

In addition, a quarter pounder, leave the burger and the bun. Salad low calorie, low carb.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    Fast food meals often have too many hidden carbs and sugar, even if "high protein"(a lot, synthetic)

A better suggestion is that you cook a lot when you have time and put them in the refrigerator or freezer, then microwave it when you need a quick meal. Often times, processed food have many hidden sugar.

This is what I do.

If carbs and sugar were bad for you, this would be a problem. But they arent and Im not sure what you mean by "hidden"?

Carbs and sugar is bad for you..Thats how you gain weight, fast food carbs are refined carbs..the bad ones.

Rubbish. Carbs arent bad for you. Sugar has no nutritional value given but is not bad for you. Chocolate for example, per se isnt bad for you, fast food per se isnt bad for you.

What is always bad for you is the amount you eat....
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    6" Turkey sub from Subway? 280 calories 18g protein. Load it up with as much salad as you want and hold the sauce
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I think the highest protein option would be the grilled chicken breast from KFC.
    Also a fan of a giant roast beef from Arby's, but the ratio starts going askew.
    Double meat at subway is an option.

The McDouble Down thing is called a McFatass where I'm from. Not judging, just saying.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    The McDouble Down thing is called a McFatass where I'm from. Not judging, just saying.

The inventor of the McDouble Down actually isn't a Fatass. He might be the same guy who came up with the Krispy Kreme diet, too... I can't remember.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105196-the-mcdouble-down
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was going to school in Austria at the time that came out- having lived with high quality food for four months in an extremely pedestrian friendly city I was devastated to hear about that monstrosity.

You don't have to be fat to make something off of which you can make millions selling to fat people.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I was going to school in Austria at the time that came out- having lived with high quality food for four months in an extremely pedestrian friendly city I was devastated to hear about that monstrosity.

You don't have to be fat to make something off of which you can make millions selling to fat people.

The McDouble Down is the brainchild of MFP member, jonnythan.... who said....

I love McDoubles and I love McChickens, but they can be difficult to fit in because the calorie:protein ratio isn't quite optimal.

I do, however, have no trouble fitting in a Double Down every now and then. Problem is those are $8 and KFCs aren't all that common around here.

So.... how about I make my own Double Down. And instead of just two pieces of chicken around cheese and bacon, let's put a whole double cheeseburger in there.

Thus the McDouble Down is born. One McDouble with two McChicken patties for buns. McDouble + Double Down = McDouble Down. Add some bacon and ketchup as desired.

As pictured, 570 calories with 36 grams of protein.

mcdouble_down_3.png

He went on to invent the Bacon Ranch McDouble down. I believe you are confusing this with the KFC 'Double Down.'

I can't swear to it, but I don't believe that jonnythan is 'fat....' I'm pretty sure he's in pretty good shape and as stated in the quote.... he made some adjustment to the McDouble and the McChicken, to optimize the calorie / protein ratio for his needs.

And I don't think he's making any $$$ from it, promoting it here.

Now, the KFC Double Down, that might be an entirely different matter.
  • rondabug
    Options
    Chik fil a grilled chicken wrap sounds like a great option. Thanks for the suggestion!