Looking for a support group: Over Fifty, Female and Fun!

Options
Hey ladies! I've been doing MFP since Sept and have lost nearly 20 lbs so far! I have about 45 to go! I'm looking for a few gals that are in the same situation and would love to form a support group where we can cheer one another on!

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Count me in Daisy...my goals are to keep within calorie count and at LEAST 30 minutes of exercise...oh yes...an no refined sugar for at least 30 days "to start"...I will post my starting weight January 1st...
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    Options
    There is an extremely active thread called: WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2013
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    FR sent
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm a little older at 63, but have an open diary and a group of friends that are very supportive. I'm at the gym five days a week and am working hard to balance my calories with macros to get the best results for someone my age. I've lost 25 lbs. since Sept. and have about another 40 or 45 to go. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • WALKINGLADY14
    Options
    Would love to join. Not quite 50 yet, but feel it being so overweight. I want that to change in 2014 for good. Well done for your weightloss so far!:happy:
  • Cindyd413
    Options
    I'd love to join you!
    I know someone mentioned another thread, but sometimes, in all honesty, those threads are so established, it's hard for a new member to join in. It might be nice to have a new thread with some ladies that have been doing this, but not actively participating in a thread!

I am early 50's, and don't want to feel like I am getting "old". I can hide my age, but it's getting to the point with my hormones, menopause and stress, weight gain instead of loss is getting to be more habit. Just had my HRA at work and we decided I should try and take off 10 lbs. With the holidays upon us, it's a little difficult, but if I can just maintain (maybe even lose a little) through the next couple of weeks and then hit it hard the first of the year, I will be ok with that!

I would love to be able to interact daily with a thread of some kind......it certainly would help knowing I am not alone!!!
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am open to joining!

I will send a friend request.
  • mrbat
    mrbat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm close to 50 does that count?
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is a sexist thread... ;)
  • Cindyd413
    Options
    Jon - being a woman, in her 50's, is a whole different ball game! ;)
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been doing MFP since Sept and have lost nearly 20 lbs so far! I have about 45 to go! I'm looking for a few gals that are in the same situation and would love to form a support group where we can cheer one another on!

Congrats!!!! Thats very well done! Im 57 and been here for awhile but back slid a bit me now getting back at it. Folks tend to fall away so I'm looking for support too and always around and supportive.
  • bobbilum
    Options
    I'd like to join, 57 and doing MFP since October. I'm T2, and eat low carb to control, and am looking to get off that last darned pill at my next checkup.
    I also aim for 60 minutes of cardio 6 days a week.

My goal in the new year is to get my BMI below 25, and have it below at the end of 2014 too!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love to join...close to 50....48.
    are you starting a Group.?
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well done on weight loss that is brilliant!! I am close in age 49 and been here a while finally got my act together and I am always here to support where I can.
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    This is a sexist thread... ;)

Sexist, probably, but equal opportunity. You can start your own post for over-50 men who are looking for a support group ... or if you like talking about menopause, water retention, etc. you can hang out here ... Just the fact that you are reading a topic titled Over Fifty, Female and Fun says it all bud!! :laugh:
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi DaisyGrammy! Count me in!! I am 50 and have been here at MFP since July. log every day, and have lost 30 lbs so far. Would like to lose another 20-30. My focus has been cardio and body weight exercises after rehabbing from an auto accident about a year and a half ago but looking at adding Jaime Eason's 12 week program in January. I am a member of two challenge groups here on MFP and it has helped LOTS! I am always looking for like-minded folks to bounce ideas off of and be accountable to. I have looked at the other over-50 threads, and I agree, it is hard to join a long-established group. Looking forward to meeting a new group of friends!!
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Daisy Grammy!Count me also.I am 54 and have been with MFP since July.I lost only 15 lbs (cuz of my fibromyalgia )still 25lbs to go.I love to join in a support group of same age and weight loss goals.Exited to meet new group of friends.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi Daisy -- FR sent. Would also love to join a support group. Am 55 and have LOTS of weight to lose.

Jena
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Been on mfp a year and plan on staying.
  • jade1967
    Options
    Hi Daisy --- Im not 50 yet but i feel ya pain ... anyway looking to loose about 30 lbs am weighing in at 160 lbs at 5*4 inches ... and need to drop joined the gym but have been so busy can not get to it .. but this week now is the start i will be there.....
    my weigh in day is friday mornings.... i will post my weight as i go along. i am on this site plus the Weight Watchers Site.... im still getting to know this site but it seems very user friendly..... Looking to receiving and giving the support be needed.

Kind Regards,
    Jade