Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thunder Thighs?

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    When these fall down they make a noise like thunder.

Artificial-Prosthetic-Leg.jpg

What where we talking about?
    Oh, yeah, healthy thighs. right.

eta: not mine, i just worked in a design lab many years ago.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Somewhere around 23.5 and 24 inches. I hate my thighs, no that's not right I hate my high BF% but I'm working on that and things are slowly going down. If I had 23 inch thighs full of muscle I'd be cool with that but mine wobble like badly set jelly in summer :grumble:
  • Tiffannhut
    Tiffannhut Posts: 40 Member
    26" here , mostly muscle but a bit of fat also
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I don't even know what measurement my thighs are supposed to be ...

I worry about my waist and hips. I've never even considered measuring my thighs.
  • not sure if serious
  • go by waist to hip ratio. .7 and below is awesome.
  • rml_16
    go by waist to hip ratio. .7 and below is awesome.
    What does that have to do with thighs?
  • because only focusing on ONE part is never healthy.

So I offered someone who is struggling, a secondary thing to check out.

is that okay? if I try to help someone have a better rounded view?

I thought it was okay.

Maybe I was wrong.

Maybe Im supposed to be b!tchy on here.

Sorry!!!!!
  • because only focusing on ONE part is never healthy.

So I offered someone who is struggling, a secondary thing to check out.

is that okay? if I try to help someone have a better rounded view?

I thought it was okay.

Maybe I was wrong.

Maybe Im supposed to be b!tchy on here.

Sorry!!!!!

1. It was a weird thing to post in this thread.

2. You cannot control your waist/hip ratio. If you don't naturally have the small waist/large hip thing (pear or hourglass) there isn't a thing you can do to get it. She has far more control over the size of her thighs than she has over waist/hip ratio.

1. I dont care if you think Im weird, I wasn't talking to you.

2. Whoever told you that you cannot get a smaller waist than you were born with is highly incorrect. In the last year alone I lost 8 inches on my waist. So my w:h ratio went from .82 to .7
  • 23 and I dislike them but Stairs help (lots and lots of stairs)
  • When these fall down they make a noise like thunder.

(photo)

What where we talking about?
    Oh, yeah, healthy thighs. right.

eta: not mine, i just worked in a design lab many years ago.

That's funny, I like your sense of humor.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    I'm not judging anyone because I've been-there-done-that with this type of stuff but I'm telling you - the "size of your thighs" is the least of y'all's worries....

The problem here, is your image of yourself - not your thighs. I hear a lot of hatred, shame, and self-disgust in this thread. It's extremely sad to watch.

Here is a sad fact: You can work and work and work on your thighs, starve yourself, do a thousand leg presses, finally get down to that magic number of thigh-inches, even finally look like a supermodel....and guess what? You will STILL....hate your thighs.

Why? Because you didn't work on your head and you didn't work on your heart. Those two places are where EVERYTHING begins. Where EVERYTHING gets fixed. The smaller thighs are nothing but the icing on the cake.

My suggestion: Work on your self-image harder than you are on your thighs. Figure that out FIRST, lay the foundation of emotional health, and then watch yourself soar with happiness and healthiness as you whittle your body down to your goal weight/size.

Here's the magic of that: even if you don't achieve that "perfection" you dreamed of - you won't care... Because now you love yourself too much to be that hard on yourself, that perfectionistic, that critical. You'll give yourself grace, and you'll love the skin you're in.

THAT is the goal. :) I challenge you all to accept it!

Love it!

Mine are 25", and I've lost 1.5" since starting on here.
  • 28.5 Last time I measured.. I only measure once a month so hoping when I measure on the 24th it has changed!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    It's about proportion.

I'm short. 5'0ft. And my thighs are 22in. That's thick for someone my size.
    And I've been self-conscious about them since I was 9yo, even though I've always had a slim waist.

Now, I'm finally at peace with my thick legs. They are strong and sexy.

But 22in thighs on a taller girl could look really slender, like some of the pics have clearly shown.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    I have lost 4.5 inches off my thighs but still feel like they are massive..

Ladies, what is your thigh measurement if you don't mind sharing?

Im currently sitting at approximately 21 inches

I would love love love to have your thighs of 21 inches. Let's swap my 26 inches for your 21.

I'm pretty sure that would defeat the purpose.

And I don't think it would make OP feel any better at all.
  • rml_16
    2. Whoever told you that you cannot get a smaller waist than you were born with is highly incorrect. In the last year alone I lost 8 inches on my waist. So my w:h ratio went from .82 to .7

Of course you can shrinnk your waist. You cannot, however, change your bone structure. If you have the bone structure for that ratio, then you will have it. If you do not have the bone structure, you won't. Period. You can't diet and exercise yourself into a different body type.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    I'm 5'8.5 and my thighs are 23inches. My waist is only 27inches, so they are a little (ok a lot) out of proportion, but they are muscular and they hold my body up, so I don't mind them.
    I didn't know what they were, so had to go search for a tape measure to find out!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    19.5" - I'm fine with that!!!
  • 2. Whoever told you that you cannot get a smaller waist than you were born with is highly incorrect. In the last year alone I lost 8 inches on my waist. So my w:h ratio went from .82 to .7

Of course you can shrinnk your waist. You cannot, however, change your bone structure. If you have the bone structure for that ratio, then you will have it. If you do not have the bone structure, you won't. Period. You can't diet and exercise yourself into a different body type.

No one is talking about changing your body type. Im talking about increasing the difference between the measurement of your waist and the measurement of your hips. the difference between the two is your W2H ratio.

THERE ARE NO BONES IN YOUR WAIST. So your skeletal structure doesnt matter there. Your body fat % DOES.

Hip yes. You could lose 100 pounds and maybe only lose an inch or three on your hips because of your bones.

But decreasing the size of your waist increases that ratio. You could lose 100 pounds and lose 12" off of your waist and almost nothing on your hips.

guess what that changes.

Your waist:hip ratio.

I was shaped like an apple, because I carried all my weight in my middle.

Then I lost a lot of weight and now have an exceptionally small waist and my hips are still the same size. Now im 35 25 35.

I changed my waist:hip ratio. AND I went from Apple to hourglass.

That combined with lifting and i lost almost 8 inches off each thigh.

No you cannot change your skeleton. No one even suggested that.
  • Actually, GOOD LUCK OP!

Im not here to argue with close minded people who love to scream that people can't change.