Why are you losing weight ??

Options

Replies

• pixiegirl9
    pixiegirl9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight while trying to figure out what medication works for me for my depression. Now that my medication is stabilized, I need to lose that weight I've gained.

I also want to be able to go swing dancing with my boyfriend again!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Because I would get sick to my stomach looking at myself in the mirror
  • kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to lose weight for a trip to Walt Disney World in February for the wife and myself. We went there 6 years ago on our honeymoon.
  • reginachapman35
    reginachapman35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fear of diabetes so for my health.
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For my health no longer on medication for blood pressure or diabetes. Plus I love the results.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    to be HoT
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Boring reasons:
    To be healthier
    To cross a Half Marathon off my bucket list
    To say I accomplished the goals I've set for myself and be proud of that fact

Selfish reasons:
    Vanity
    Gain more confidence
    Look smoking hot if/when meet up with MFP friends in real life
    Do something an overachieving sibling has not done so I can quietly rub it in her face.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,801 Member
    Options
    one of the things that made me start was when I sat down I had fat rolls on my side, and I could feel my skin fold over and touch itself (if that makes sense) now I want my muffin top gone, its alot smaller, but still there and I hate it ugh. and I want to rock a bikini, I was so close this last summer, then gained 11lbs back, so my goal is to have my bikini body by July :)
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    started off to be healthier, and to look good.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Health... And to look great :)
  • TaurusV
    Options
    Health and wanting to have more strength and cardiovascular capacity. I like doing hikes, I study a subject that sometimes need endurance and strength, so I would like to be feeling up to it.

I didnt want to only lose weight, I went there and saw it many times in past, I realized what I want is not a number only, is feeling good in my body everyday. In past I wanted like be as thin as I could at the moment always, but that took me nowhere, I felt bad and moody.

Now I feel very well everyday, I can do more stuff I had hard time doing, my normal walking speed (errands) is the highest since ever and I dont feel tired so much on physical effort. So thats it. And of course feeling good in my skin includes looking healthy and nice :)
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    To be a better cyclist. Weight matters. Recreational cyclists will pay thousands to shave a pound off the bike here and there, but walk around with a beer belly.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    to be healthier for my self and my girls and to teach them some good habits that even if they fall off of them that no matte what you can pick your self back up and start all over again
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    To be confident and to be able to strut my stuff without feeling like a big glob.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    To lower LDL cholesterol
    To sit more comfortably in plane seats
    To get rid of the much despised back fat
    To feel good about myself

I accomplished all of it!
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I need to be in good health as one of my children is physically disabled. I need to be able to take care of him without hurting myself or him by being to out of shape to move him around. I also know he will need be to be here with him for as long as possible and that would not happen if I continued to be obese.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Truthfully for my health, be there for my son, teach him some good habits.

For myself. I just want to see what ideal weight looks like on me and how I feel once there. If it's anything like how I feel on the journey as I lose the weight, I'm going to be extremely pleased!

Forgot to add my mantra (at the moment) "Doing it for the Damn, you got HOT!"
  • pahock
    pahock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Because I couldn't make it up a flight of steps without struggling to breathe and not being able to just keep up with other people. I think for me it's not so much the "losing weight" part of my newfound journey, it is a lifestyle...to own it is to live it! To call it something else like a "diet" only gives it temporary meaning... my thoughts.:flowerforyou:

This! Exactly what I wanted to say!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    So I can stop cringing when I walk past my full-length mirror naked.
  • pahock
    pahock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This! Exactly what I wanted to say.