What are you making for Christmas Eve/ Christmas

Options

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My family is jewish, but we're going to my mom's boyfriend's house for Christmas. I'm very excited! I'm making a peppermint cheesecake on an oreo crust.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve: Turkey breast & spiral honey ham with ravioli, stuffing, cabbage salad, & scalloped potatoes.

Christmas: Rib roast, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, cabbage salad, poached pears, and creme brulee.
  • apbradley208
    apbradley208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm Cuban so on Christmas Eve I always make: Pork Roast marinated in Mojo, black beans and rice, tostones, and avocado and orange salad. We never leave room for dessert, so I won't be making the flan this year.

My husband is always incharge of Christmas dinner, and he makes something different every year. This year he is making: escargot with a butter garlic sauce and french bread for dipping as an appetizer. For dinner he is making a rack of lamb with a dijon and balsamic marinade, and I am making roasted brussel sprouts.

So excited!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My dad& stepmom are making dinner this year, we are bringing chocolate kahlua cheesecake and cookies for dessert.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Deer steaks. Not sure about sides yet.

A friend of mine gave me venison steaks. What do you do for yours? Can you grill them like beef steak? Does it dry out?
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We always buy a whole lot of crab legs for Christmas Eve dinner.

*drool*
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    Christmas day, starting off with non-traditional nam prik ong in order to get plenty of veg. Then a traditional meal of roast cornfed chicken with honey mustard glaze and bread stuffing with bacon and raisins. Roast brussel sprouts. Dessert will be clafoutis and whipped cream.
  • rgibson53
    rgibson53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve is oyster soup for me, and tacos for wife. Christmas morning is homemade cinnamon rolls. Rest of the day is chili, bacon wrapped smokies, cheese balls, cheesy potato soup, peanut butter balls, and frosted sugar cookies. All things in moderation and it's all good. Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve is prime rib, mashed potatoes, and a salad. Christmas my bil is making a Mexican feast :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    We always buy a whole lot of crab legs for Christmas Eve dinner.

*drool*

I agree with the drool.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    On the menu for Christmas Eve we have oven fried chicken, Deviled eggs, collard greens, steamed shrimp and baked beans. We will eat the left overs on for Christmas dinner.
  • annabellik
    annabellik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same outlook as you. Not going to undo all my hard work!

I am in Australia and possibly Christmas Eve is a bit more relaxed. We are having a barbecue of skinless chicken thighs marinated with corn on the cob, steamed veges and some garlic bread (not for me though). It is warm outside of an evening here, so we will make this a bit special by having it as a picnic outside.

Christmas we are roasting a chicken and pumpkin, potatos, gravy and doing green veges with chili and soy. Plus fresh prawns (it is warm here) and oysters. My indulgence will be a small portion of Christmas pudding with custard and some champagne.

I think the hardest thing will be fitting in a workout as I don't want to go out early in the morning like I usually do as I don't want to miss my kids opening their presents. Might go out for a quick run after they do that. It looks like it is not going to be too hot here.
  • AnnmarieGomez
    AnnmarieGomez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I making a watermelon cake, literally. It's a no bake cake, it's so easy and you wont have to feel guilty eating it. It's made with Watermelon, Strawberries, Grapes, Greek Yogurt-Vanilla, Blueberries, and Raspberries.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm making BBQ meatballs, candy bark and a chocolate pecan pie. My family does a potluck style lunch every year.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve: Roast Pork and all the trimmings (stuffing, homemade apple sauce, yorkshire puddings and steamed veg.)

Christmas Day: Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with bucks fizz for breakfast. Then grazing on Dim Sum all day. We've bags of dumplings, ha gow, sui mai and vietnamese spring rolls in the freezer. Plus some prawns for making prawn toast and a crispy aromatic duck with pancakes. Possibly more bucks fizz. Yum.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    christmas eve my bf and i always go to a hibachi grill.
    christmas i am prolly making a vegetarian baked ziti with spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions and garlic
  • thisisforme43
    thisisforme43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Deer steaks are great on the grill. We serve them with onions and potatoes.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Prime rib, rubbed down with rosemary and garlic
    Mashed potatoes
    Homemade baked mac and cheese
    Yeast Rolls
    Sweet potato casserole (A sordid mixture of yams, sugar, butter, pecans, and frosted flakes)
    Asparagus
    Cherry cobbler and apple crumble, with ice cream
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve; Paula's seafood soup.
    Christmas day; Don't know yet, whatever's in the refrigerator, but including a big salad as we have a lot of spring mix on hand.
    New Year's Eve; mini dark chocolate shotglasses filled with peanut butter mousse, chocolate mousse with crushed peppermint candy, or white chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Tamales are my contribution to tonight's dinner (which is the big celebration dinner). Also have lots of veggies, crackers, chips and dips for snacking prior to dinner.

Tomorrow night - ham, pasta and a veggie side. Rather low-key.

I like making spinach dip with extra water chestnuts and have celery sticks with it rather than the bread. Also the dip form of a Tzaziki sauce (cucumber/dill yogurt) with veggies.