To hell with lifting and stick to cardio?

Options
13»

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    re-start my metabolism

There is no such thing.

What about suspended animation? I saw this guy get suspended in carbonite once, and his metabolism stopped. Also there was a guy in Geneva who managed to restart the metabolism of a man who was likely composed of several corpses. I read about it in a book.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    re-start my metabolism

There is no such thing.

What about suspended animation? I saw this guy get suspended in carbonite once, and his metabolism stopped. Also there was a guy in Geneva who managed to restart the metabolism of a man who was likely composed of several corpses. I read about it in a book.

You're kidding right? I always thought Carbonite was a fictional space ship thingie, but now I'm definitely going to stay at least an arm's length from all the carbonite in my house! I don't want to mess with my metabolism.

That Geneva guy story is a shocker too! Was he using raspberry keytones on the corpses? I should really read more books.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    re-start my metabolism

There is no such thing.

You're kidding right? I always thought Carbonite was a fictional space ship thingie, but now I'm definitely going to stay at least an arm's length from all the carbonite in my house! I don't want to mess with my metabolism.

That Geneva guy story is a shocker too! Was he using raspberry keytones on the corpses? I should really read more books.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you do HIIT, please dont do it on your lifting off days because proper HIIT taxes the body and the CNS the same way strength training does. that means it's counterproductive to your recovery to do it on days you're supposed to be recovering. try to do it either the same day as you lift in place of a lift day.

when i do HIIT cycles, i do them several hours before a lift session on the same day i lift. since the workout is only around 15 minutes, it's not too much of a pain time wise to get it in.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm back on track in regards to well, tracking. Hopefully I'll see something new. I decided to look into starting strength. It's similar to strong lifts. I have a question about it: can you add exercises to it or is that going to be "ineffective?"

IMO just leave it as-is, or at the most add some chin-ups. It's pretty comprehensive, especially once you get rolling. You oughtn't need to add much of anything if you're doing it right.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm back on track in regards to well, tracking. Hopefully I'll see something new. I decided to look into starting strength. It's similar to strong lifts. I have a question about it: can you add exercises to it or is that going to be "ineffective?"

IMO just leave it as-is, or at the most add some chin-ups. It's pretty comprehensive, especially once you get rolling. You oughtn't need to add much of anything if you're doing it right.
    Okay. It just had 3 work outs so I was curious
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    They are three compound barbell movements. Trust me, it's a full-body workout. ;)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    They are three compound barbell movements. Trust me, it's a full-body workout. ;)
    There are more than 3 compound barbell movements.
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    I'm pretty sure she's referring to the amount of work per workout on SS, as she was asking if she ought to add anything to the program.
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options

I've seen changes in my body fat but my weight hasn't moved. I know that seems irrelevant but it matters to me. So should I just stick to cardio and continue weights?

So you are losing fat, but you would rather see the numbers on the scale change? If you stop exercising and rest your muscles for a while you will probably drop some waterweight. You can also stop weightlifting and up your cardio to burn some muscle and fat, which will also make you weigh less. However I would just focus on being happy with the fat loss instead of focussing on numbers.