2014 New Years Resolution!

Options
Whats your 2014 new years resolution?

mine is to lose 40 more pounds on top of the 60 ive already lost! i want to lose the 40 pounds in time for summer so i can wear a nice swimsuit! And, you know, show off! :)

So what do you plan on losing or gaining this year! whats your goal?!

Replies

• Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to maintain or improve. They are the only two acceptable options.

I do have a specific goal to reduce my waist from current 33inches to 29inches by end July. I have my wedding end August so want to have my body all sorted well in advance.
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My NY resolution is to be at my goal weight in July I started in November working hard at it and it is possible so 51lb's to go:-)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose all the weight I want by July 4th. which is generally the first time we use our pool in the summer. Also going to try a spin class on Wed. mornings at 5:30.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Run a 10K in less than 60 minutes (current max run: 4.75 miles in ~50 minutes)

Do 5 pull-ups in a row (current max pull-ups: zero)

Increase strength, measured by weight-lifting
    1. squats (current 2x105#)
    2. DL (current 1x185#)
    3. bench (current 1X95#)
    4. OHP (current 1X75#)

Oh yeah, I would like to lose another 20-25 pounds as well to get to goal.
  • 50_to_lose
    50_to_lose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lose 50 lbs

Reduce waist by at least 6 inches, currently 46.

Add 2 inches to my biceps/triceps, currently 16.

Reduce chest by 3 inches, currently 47.

Cut body fat from 30% to 20%.

Going to be a tough year but I believe I can do it.
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm gonna get to the weight I want to be in 2014!
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    You can do it!! Stay strong & focused. Remember weight fluctuates so NEVER beat yourself up for higher days than others; however, accept responsibility for bad choices and move forward!! Best of luck :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    I'm gonna get to the weight I want to be in 2014!

You can do it!! Stay strong & focused. Remember weight fluctuates so NEVER beat yourself up for higher days than others; however, accept responsibility for bad choices and move forward!! Best of luck :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Lose 50 lbs

Reduce waist by at least 6 inches, currently 46.

Add 2 inches to my biceps/triceps, currently 16.

Reduce chest by 3 inches, currently 47.

Cut body fat from 30% to 20%.

Going to be a tough year but I believe I can do it.

I KNOW you can do it!! Stick with it - and never quit. It sounds like you have some amazing goals and you will do it. Stay determined and strong mentally and the rest will follow. :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Run a 10K in less than 60 minutes (current max run: 4.75 miles in ~50 minutes)

Do 5 pull-ups in a row (current max pull-ups: zero)

Increase strength, measured by weight-lifting
    1. squats (current 2x105#)
    2. DL (current 1x185#)
    3. bench (current 1X95#)
    4. OHP (current 1X75#)

Oh yeah, I would like to lose another 20-25 pounds as well to get to goal.

Wow - a 10K is phenomenal. I can't imagine doing much more than a 5K, but I have confidence you WILL meet your time goal on this.

Love the strength / weight-lifting goals you have sent. Can't wait to hear about your successes (including the 20-25 pounds)!!
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose all the weight I want by July 4th. which is generally the first time we use our pool in the summer. Also going to try a spin class on Wed. mornings at 5:30.

You CAN do it!! Stay strong & keeping going. Enjoy the new spin class. :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    My NY resolution is to be at my goal weight in July I started in November working hard at it and it is possible so 51lb's to go:-)
    [/quote

Never stop and you should be able to do it!! Remember weight fluctuates at times - so don't get discouraged on "high" days. Hang in there & stay strong. :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    My resolution is to maintain or improve. They are the only two acceptable options.

I do have a specific goal to reduce my waist from current 33inches to 29inches by end July. I have my wedding end August so want to have my body all sorted well in advance.

I love you attitude - maintain or improve. It is totally achievable - especially when thats your only options. :)

Best of luck with the wedding and your waist. Stay focused & you'll see the results. :smile:
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Whats your 2014 new years resolution?

mine is to lose 40 more pounds on top of the 60 ive already lost! i want to lose the 40 pounds in time for summer so i can wear a nice swimsuit! And, you know, show off! :)

So what do you plan on losing or gaining this year! whats your goal?!

What a fabulous goal that you CAN do!!! Stay focused and keep going. You'll be the hit at the beach / pool. :)
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to keep doing what I'm doing. Hopefully in the end I will be at my goal weight by my birthday in August.
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    rebuild my core strenght
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    This makes me realize that none of my new year's resolutions were about my body....they were all about work and money.

It's time to think about those goals again so here goes.

To go to the gym at least three times a week, to stay eating Paleo, to reach my goal weight and keep it.

To wear nice clothes.

To feel good again hopefully the grieving period will be over by then (don't ask)

To make choices based more on what I want rather than what other people want.

To travel for my work and to make sure I keep healthy foods in my work place so that I don't go without or end up eating rubbish.

Happy Holidays to everyone!
  • massromanticfool
    massromanticfool Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to hit my goal before my family reunion in June! 16 pounds to go (in addition to the ~30 I've already lost).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My resolution is two triathlons, and making the podium in one of them, for my age group. This is going to be a challenge, because I'm comfortably over 6 foot with a linebacker body type, so I'm always at a big disadvantage relative to the 5'9 150-pounders.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Build a nice big boot-tay in the gym. B