2014 New Years Resolution!

Options

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Lose 8 more lbs then concentrate on maintaining and toning.

Simple enough!

Good luck to all :)
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER made a New Years resolution, nor will I this year! It's just another day! I don't understand why people wait for it to do something!

I agree it is just another day. I cant speak for others, but for me - I set myself goals all the time. I have had these for a while (the 10K, for example, I set as a goal in Oct after running my second 5K). My pull-up goal is fairly recent, maybe from 2 weeks ago. :happy: I am NEVER without goals and objectives, and don't care what they are called. I suspect there are many others like me.
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    My resolution is to keep doing what I'm doing. Hopefully in the end I will be at my goal weight by my birthday in August.

I don't know what your goal weight is, but based on the amount you've lost thus far - it is HIGHLY likely YOU WILL meet this goal weight. Keep going and you will succeed. :smile:
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    rebuild my core strenght

Congratulations on your weight loss. Without a doubt you can meet this goal. Best of luck :smile:
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    This makes me realize that none of my new year's resolutions were about my body....they were all about work and money.

It's time to think about those goals again so here goes.

To go to the gym at least three times a week, to stay eating Paleo, to reach my goal weight and keep it.

To wear nice clothes.

To feel good again hopefully the grieving period will be over by then (don't ask)

To make choices based more on what I want rather than what other people want.

To travel for my work and to make sure I keep healthy foods in my work place so that I don't go without or end up eating rubbish.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

You have quite alot of goals, but I believe each one is achievable. Try not to be hard on yourself and take it one day at a time. My suggestion would be to tackle them one at a time (though I realize you aren't asking for suggestions - so please take no offense by my suggestion).

You can do this!! Best of luck and may 2014 be your year :smile:
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    My resolution is to hit my goal before my family reunion in June! 16 pounds to go (in addition to the ~30 I've already lost).

Oh - wow!! No doubt you can do that!! Just stay focused and keep your eye on the prize!! If your anything like me though your weight will fluctuate at times - so don't give up when that happens. Just keep pushing. Best of luck :)
  • 1. Increase strength and endurance
    2. Do more complex yoga poses
    3. Make it to boot camp more often :drinker:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    1) Lose the final 30-35 pounds to get to my goal size;
    2) Keep up all the good habits I established in 2013
    3) Run my first half marathon
    4) Get rid of the piles of clothes that are too big for me & are cluttering up my closet
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    My resolution is two triathlons, and making the podium in one of them, for my age group. This is going to be a challenge, because I'm comfortably over 6 foot with a linebacker body type, so I'm always at a big disadvantage relative to the 5'9 150-pounders.

Wow! Triathlons - what a commendable challenge. I've NO doubt you can do it. Train hard and you'll see yourself succeed. Good luck :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Build a nice big boot-tay in the gym. B

Love it.... Well, unfortunately I was born with one of those.. Lol. Anyway - if that's your desire and you work hard for it YOU CAN and YOU WILL DO IT. Good luck :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER made a New Years resolution, nor will I this year! It's just another day! I don't understand why people wait for it to do something!

I agree it is just another day. I cant speak for others, but for me - I set myself goals all the time. I have had these for a while (the 10K, for example, I set as a goal in Oct after running my second 5K). My pull-up goal is fairly recent, maybe from 2 weeks ago. :happy: I am NEVER without goals and objectives, and don't care what they are called. I suspect there are many others like me.

I set a series of mini-goals along the way too. Still, I'm big on milestones and the start of a new year is always a good opportunity to take stock of your life and where you think you can make improvements.
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Get stronger .. and fitter, and lose my excess body fat in 2014. I think it is all very attainable.

Effort exerted = results achieved.

It is definitely attainable! You can do it - keep working & striving for success and it'll be yours. :)
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have but one goal ... to pick a Beachbody program and work through it from day one to ninety (or sixty depending on the length of the program) without missing a single day or getting partway through and switching programs. To be clear, I have P90, P90X, P90X2, Focus T25, Insanity, Combat, TurboFire, and Body Beast and the only one I've ever made it to the TWO month mark with is P90X, though Body Beast got almost as far.

My goal for 2014 is not just start, but to actually fully finish one, without skipping days, without switching programs, just barrel through it, work it hard every day and FINISH.
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    im going to do everything i did this year... ONLY BETTER!!!!

Love it! You clearly will succeed. Best of luck :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Improve my job knowledge so I can transfer to the office I want with confidence. Or leave my job if that wont happen.

Improve myself both in the gym and out of

Rread more

Those are great resolutions. You can do both. I just finished my schooling and should be getting my degree shortly. I'm all about the health thing though and believe if you want it bad enough and work for it - it'll be. Good luck :)
  • gogojenniko
    gogojenniko Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1) Be in the present.
    2) Be less sedentary. Less time on the computer, games, etc.
    3) Exercise every day.
    4) Get off nutrisystem at the end of January and establish good cooking/eating habits for the rest of the year.
    5) Be down 20lbs by my birthday at the end of March.
    6) Build lots of muscle before back surgery in May.
    7) Give myself no excuses. Just do things even if I don't want to.
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    im going to do everything i did this year... ONLY BETTER!!!!

Same :)
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh, and hit that damn 60.0kg mark!!!!!!
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    My 2014 Resolutions:

1) I'm going to get as close to my UGW of 125 lbs. by July 31st. My high school reunion is in August, which means that I only have 69 lbs. to go. :frown:
    2) I'm going to continue to improve my fitness and flexibility levels.
    3) I'm going to get my house in order.

What terrific goals you have. Without a doubt you can lose the additional 69 pounds. Just stay focused and determined and keep going after it. I believe # 2 will occur as you are reaching for goal # 1. Stick to it and you should be successful in your journey, but above all don't quit :).

# 3 - I know what you mean. Yikes - best of luck there, too. You can do it. :smile:
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    I want to achieve a few things.
    1. Run my first 5k
    2. Run a tough mudder, warrior dash or something along those lines that will make me feel bad *kitten*.
    3. Get to 135lbs.
    4. Smile at myself naked.

Wow!! Great resolutions... The 5k - you can definitely do this and the tough mudder - yeah I imagine that would be fun.. I want to do one of those things, too. I've no doubt you can do it.

With a commitment to healthy choices and exercise you'll get to the 135 lb. My suggestion just keep it healthy so that it is more natural and easier to maintain.

# 4 - when you figure out how to do that -... let me know. Lol :smile:

Best of luck in 2014