2014 New Years Resolution!

Options

Replies

• whit_peav
    whit_peav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was to run a half marathon and lose 15 pounds!! (I've gained about 3 over the holidays :( ) but I am bound and determined to get them off my the date of my half, April 12th!!! Best of luck to you all! Let's keep each other motivated! :)
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20 additional pounds by spring break....

I also want to declutter my garage and my house and weigh the stuff I get rid of ( flylady does that) and see how many pounds of clutter I can part with.

I also want to start walking every night after supper again....lately it has been -40 here.... too cold to walk so I have been a couch potato....need to get back into the walking thing as soon as the weather is bearable.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Get to my goal weight before June! :)
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    New Years Resolutions

1. Try and loose at least 3 stone this year

2. Try and eat more fruit and vegetables

3. Try and get savings in the bank for a rainy day

4. Try and take care of my appearance a bit more (stop biting nails and my lip!)

5. Try and get my sleep pattern under control

6. Try and remember to take my medications regularly!

7. Give up meat (bar fish) till June just for the crack XD (tbh most of the food i ate regularly is either veggie or quorn anyway)

8. (If can afford to) Try and go swimming at least once a week

9. Try and find things to do that i enjoy

10. Keep up with housework as much as i'm able to do

11. Stick up for myself more. If people don't like it tough ****!

12. Take time to just be by myself and relax
  • mcquilka
    mcquilka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ideally I'd love to lose all my weight by the end of 2014, that's between 90 -110 lbs, Since I'm not sure where I want my goal to be, it depends how far my body will go. And still be healthy!, I'm not looking for a number, more so a healthy BMI, and a slimmer figure. But I'm really pushing myself to lose 50 pounds by the end of the may. Wether that comes or not, I will be proud of every pound I lose. But I plan to push hard, and maintain a healthy life style to continue to lose the weight. I mainly want to see myself stick to my plan and stay healthy for one full year, so I can continue on. I know if I change my eating and exercise habits I will have no problem with achieving any goal.

2014 Goals:
    Lose 50lbs
    Gain Arm Muscle
    Develop Abs
    Build a lifestyle change to eat healthy every day and work out 5 times a week :]

Good Luck to everyone! and Happy New Year!
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Resolution List for 2014

- to find a furnace that works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg
    - to finish putting in a "working" kitchen
    - to escape-proof my yard (my Boxer should have been named Houdini)
    - to fix my leaking roofs
    - to remove the chimney before it removes itself
    - to rearrange the wiring in my a house so that the things that I use most aren't all on the same damn circuit

oh and to install a pull-up bar for when I get to that stage in my body weight exercises
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    lots of goals. fitnesswise...by autumn to be at goal weight and in routine of swimming and walking.
  • essohtee
    Options
    My New Years resolution would be to simply follow through with a healthy and consistent diet and exercise regiment for the whole year. I seem to stay on track long enough to see some results, but then I fall back into old habits. I lose motivation so quickly :/
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't do resolutions, but this year I have some goals. I want to increase my running distance to 8 miles so I can do a mud run with my husband. I want to increase my deadlift to over 200 lbs and my squats to 150 at least (hopefully more, trying to be conservative).

Also this year I plan to bulk. When I first dieted down I didn't realize I needed to weight train and keep my deficit small so I lost muscle. That meant I wasn't happy with the way I looked when I reached my goal weight. Hoping to build some back. Plus eat all the food.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have a major goal but I'm not telling anyone unless it happens. A couple of the others are:

Win the 3 month transformation competition my gym is holding.

Get into good enough shape to go swimming for the first time as an adult.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    -Reach 100 LBS lost (got 72.8 LBS to go)
    -Stick to my first ever Beachbody program challenge (P90X3)
    -Ran a 5K race
    -Bench press 80 LBS
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Be Debt Free

Make New Friends

Go to Italy

Lose 20 pounds

Complete a 300 workout

Get in the best shape of my life!!
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mine is to Loose 65 pounds in first 8 months...and then work towards 6 packs abs
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    To finally get to goal after 2 years, which is about 10 more lbs. To tone up a bit. To comfortably wear a bikini on vacation in April.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    to get my eating back on track. And once I've lost the weight, not to put it back on again. I'm done with all this yo-yoing!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    1. To Finish my Weight loss journey and go into maintenance
    2. Once goal weight is met - begin to tone
    3. Run a 5K

Simple and easy!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    To be debit free by the end of next year!
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    I want to get to my goal in 2014 and learn how to maintain in a healthy way. I'm also planning on taking the next step in my career this year, maybe even relocate.
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    simple: I signed up for the Warrior Dash last year and dealt with one crazy issue after the next all year long. I couldn't and didn't do it. I already signed up for 2014 and it's 240 days to become a beast. Ready.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    lose the last 26 pounds
    Hike Mt Washington
    Spartan Sprint August 10
    Century Ride
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!