What do you do when you want to burn 100 calories?

Options
124»

Replies

• just_Jennie1
    Options
    Unlike everyone who's being stubborn I don't live on this app. I moderate the amount of food but too ****ing bad if sometimes the foods I eat has a couple of calories more then I thought it would have.

Holy ****.

Excuse me for not being experienced enough to ask the proper question just by questioning what people do to burn a couple of extra calories.

If you eat a little more, shrug and move on. Feeling the need to jump up and exercise it off is an unhealthy attitude. Listen to us. We've been there, done that, and seen it from many many people.

Maybe she didn't eat a little more. Maybe, just maybe she has a certain weekly calorie goal and knows she's not going to workout on Christmas Day and wants to burn a little extra today or even tomorrow to compensate.

edited because I clearly have had too much wine tonight and couldn't figure out the whole "quote" thing
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Unlike everyone who's being stubborn I don't live on this app. I moderate the amount of food but too ****ing bad if sometimes the foods I eat has a couple of calories more then I thought it would have.

Holy ****.

Excuse me for not being experienced enough to ask the proper question just by questioning what people do to burn a couple of extra calories.

If you eat a little more, shrug and move on. Feeling the need to jump up and exercise it off is an unhealthy attitude. Listen to us. We've been there, done that, and seen it from many many people.
    Maybe she didn't eat a little more. Maybe, just maybe she has a certain weekly calorie goal and knows she's not going to workout on Christmas Day and wants to burn a little extra today or even tomorrow to compensate.

(Fixed quotes)

In that case, then know that MFP calculates you at a deficit. Even if you go over by 100 or 200 calories, you are still in a deficit.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Also about 30min of weight training burns that much, plus I think it boosts your metabolism for a while.
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    Insanity!!! First timers sweat like crazy and I'm just talking about the 9minute warm up.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Angry Santa is angry :laugh:

Nice avatar.

i'm not angry. i'm just drawn that way
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    All, please keep it on topic.. we dont need to battle this out on whether or not sex burns 100+ calories. Thread has been cleaned up. Carry on.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    If I'm hanging out watching TV I do mini circuits during commericals; pullups,pushups, burpees, dips, planks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Holy ****.

Nobody is being "stubborn"...people...very experienced and successful people are pointing out that you don't need to go do some unplanned activity. That's simply not the way your body works. If you go over by a few calories or even a few hundred calories you're still in a deficit...your calorie goal with MFP is a huge deficit...you need to understand that...vacillating over going over by a few calories is not a healthy outlook.

Thinking you have to go do some unplanned exercise because you're going over is not natural or healthy. I'm in maintenance and have been for awhile and regularly go over my maintenance calories...yet I maintain...and I just stick with my plan...I don't go jump rope for 15 minutes just because I had a couple extra beers. Your body strives for maintenance and is very good at absorbing both deficits and surpluses of energy...you have to consistently eat at one or the other to override that ability...one day doesn't do it...having a couple extra beers on occasion doesn't do it...

Part of this whole journey is learning to be healthy...and that includes your mental health and your relationships with food and fitness. Perhaps instead of getting defensive you might want to pull out a pen and paper and take notes from people who've actually had sustained success around here.