What are your REALISTIC goals for 2014?

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    To get down to 155. I'm at 171 right now. 16 more lbs. Hubby said that when I hit 155 we can try for baby #2. Depending on how long it takes to concieve, I'd like to lose more. Goal is 135. Whether I hit that in 2014 or 2015, I don't mind. :)
  • tanksum
    Options
    Mine is simply to keep doing what I have done this month! Regular gym sessions and meeting my weekly calorie intake. The rest should just work itself out!
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's good to have goals. However, it is more important to focus on changes that can me included as lifestyle changes. . There is no point in setting goals that you cannot .be live with. My goal is to loose another 19 pounds them focus on maintaining.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    First off I am challenging myself to log food every single day from now until the end of next year, even when it's not pretty.

Secondly reach my goal which is currently 13 lbs. away.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Finally get the last 11 pounds off (for a round 100)
    Run a marathon. I did a half in october (my first) and I will start training for my late July Marathon in March

Definately Tough Mudder (again) and I keep going back and forth as to wether or not I'm going to do the whole Spartan Race Trifecta this year. I did a sprint last year but it was on Mt. Snow Vermont and the mountain itself may have been the worst part...

I just really want to keep up on my running and maybe be able to do 10 pull-ups (I can do 5 now).

I have a boat load of races already scheduled. I want to have enough medals for a christmas tree and I'm well on my way.
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    To be at my goal weight by next birthday
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    The most realistic goal I have is actually not weight related for the first time ever
    tumblr_myfj47Oapm1qewacoo1_500.gif

I know crazy!
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh I love goals. They're fun!!!

1. Get down to 135 by May or June. Then re-evaluate and see if I want to go for 125. Don't care how long it takes to get to 125 cause I know last ten pounds will be slow.
    2. Do cardio 4x per week. Do weights 2x per week.
    3. Find a new job.
    4. Enroll in online school.
    5. Find a boyfriend. LOL.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    I've set myself little goals weight wise throughout the year, so far I've hit them all... so the main one is to reach my goal weight, and/or, ultimate goal weight! I'd just got under the 200's before Christmas (196), weighing this morning I was back over (202) lol.. It'll be back off again soon. :drinker:
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be at 140 by my birthday in September. I'm at about 192 right now -- 28 down, 52 to go

Even if the scale stops moving, I'd like to get some type of aerobic exercise for at least 30 minutes, four times a week.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    1. Finish Les Mills Pump and do ??T25?? (Should be able to buy that cheap on Craigslist in a couple of weeks - lol)

2. Golf at least once per week, or twice, or three times :-)

3. Ride the Katy trail at least once per week - get in 500 miles in between April 1 and September 30

4. Get total body fat to 18%
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2014 are:

(A) To continue to maintain my weight at between 175-180 lbs as measured by my home scale when I first get up in the mornings.

(B) Be able to run up to 5k straight through instead of only being able to run a total of 150 meters at a time.

and (C) Be able to handle stress better...
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    1. Go from running 5K to 10K.

2. Go from 22% body fat to 18%.

3. Lift heavier weights compared to now.

4. Drop 25 lbs.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    To continue getting stronger and crushing my weight lifting goals...I've already passed a couple of my goals for early 2014 so I have to rethink things! Also, lowering body fat percentage in the process.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    - Complete the Oxfam 100km nonstop walk in April 2014 (had to pull out 4.75kms from the end this year after walking 75kms on an injured knee - heartbreaking!)
    - first half marathon in May 2014 (have done 2 x 1/4 marathons this year, about 25 x 10km runs and am up to 16kms in my training)
    - do another 1-2 half marathons before the end of year
    - maintain weight (have stayed same for last 8 months), perhaps drop another 1-2kgs
    - stay happy :)
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    - stay happy :)

I love that! lol
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Realistic goals? Well, I'm hoping for about 5 pounds per month, to put me within a whisper of my goal by my birthday in August. And I'm hoping to finish c25K and, hopefully, successfully complete at least one 5k before the end of the year. I'd like to get a totally clean bill of health when I get my physical in March, i.e., sugar down, cholesterol lower, etc. (I'll have to change more of how I eat for that). And, if necessary, I hope to get my knees looked at and "fixed." LOL I'm hoping to see my still-in-school daughter graduate and get a job (the graduating will happen... the job? Wellllllll..... fingers crossed). I'm hoping to see my teacher daughter happy in her job (still). And I'm hoping to see my son still happy in his job and his life choices.

Happy New Year, y'all!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I want to reach my goal weight, which is 30 lbs. I want to have dropped 20 by May since we have a trip to Hawaii we are planning. Can't think of better motivation!
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love ur goal. I can also relate to this. I think i will say this for me as well since i have done terrible since october. Up til october i was tracking pretty decent. But i need to definately put forth the effort to track daily and try to staybwithin calorie goal, consume 8 or more cups of water a day, lay aside sodos again and daily do 30 or more minutes of some form of activity.