What are your REALISTIC goals for 2014?

Options

Replies

• Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    1. Keep maintaining (continue my healthy eating and exercise habits), and ditch my "lifelong yo-yo" syndrome.
    2. Return to running (already begun) and continue training for a 5K -- I've registered for one in March.
    3. Repeat the 9/11 Memorial Fitness Challenge (climbing 110 flights of stairs), which I did this past September.
    4. "Reach" the Republic of Nauru in my Virtual Ride Around the Equator by the end of 2014. That would mean I've crossed the 8,000-mile mark on my mini-bike since Sept. 1, 2012. (I'm currently at 4562.5.)
    5. Keep taking MOOCs.
    6. Keep on with leisure reading and creative pursuits.
    7. Carpe diem.

OP, I use calipers to measure my body fat percentage. The ballpark estimate is sufficient for me.
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Strength training into my exercises, I already started but by July I should be at a good pace with it, right now it's a little painful
  • kemit1976
    kemit1976 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goals

*Lose 10kg
    *Not to get ocd on my weight loss journey but to have control and balance,
    *Not to worry that others are losing more, or running miles.
    *But to have consistency with my eating no days of hard out dieting then worrying and eating,
    *Not to work hard out but to work to what my body can cope with.
    *To keep with my gluten free eating, keep the fog at bay.
    and to sort out my Vanilla coke addiction.
    and just to maintain a healthy life style.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just wrote mine while going through this:

1000kms in 2014
    Complete 30 day squat challenge
    Get to 100 push ups
    Do pole dancing class
    Run a half marathon (end of year goal, first 5k in Jan! lol)
    Lose & keep off 11kg
    Restart and finish 30 Day Shred
    Start and finish Ripped in 30
    Walk to or from work on run days and both on non run days - even if strolling! Try to go for a stoll 3 times a week at lunch
    Go from a size 12-14 to an 8
    Healthy BMI

LOOK AMAZING IN SOMETHING SLUTTY WHEN I TURN 26 NEXT DECEMBER (Honest goal, apologies if TMI)
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    To lose at least most of the weight. At least the 2 lbs a week I'm shooting for. To lose this god damn weight so I can be a better father to my 9 year old girl who probably sees way more of me and how negatively I feel about myself than I'd like her to. Although I have an awesome relationship with my little girl, I don't want her to see her father weak. Depressed. Overcome. Beaten. I'm supposed to be here to inspire her and I can't do that when I'm letting my flaws win!

I also want to be a runner. Right now it feels like a bunch of midget boxers punching me in the ribs as I run. But to really run and just keep going and not stop. Ah man. That's my dream right there. And to make a good friend. I've let myself get a litttttle too complacent at home over the years and forgot what it was like to go out and have friends. So that..:that's what I want. Oh. And to win the lottery
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    * Continue my weight loss. I am not going to set a specific number, as it will just disappoint me if i don't hit it. I am down 39 lbs total (22 lbs for 2013) and have approximately 36 to go. Give or take.

* Hit 50 miles in January. I set a goal of 30 miles (walking, running, and stationary bike) for December, and I should hit that as I only have 5 miles to go. Will probably set a goal for February as well, depending on where I am in C25K.

* Finish C25K. I have one more day of week 2; jogging is a struggle for me due to my asthma, so I am going to go as slow as I need to in order to finish. So far I have repeated one day, and learned that running outside in the cold is not an option. So back to the treadmill I go.

* Begin Stronglifts when I finish C25K. By then I should be able to afford a trainer to help with my form, and hopefully the new year's resolutioners will no longer be clogging the gym.

* Horse jumping. Right now I am trotting and cantering over ground poles, want to jump at least 2' (and hopefully more like 2'6") by the end of 2014.

* Get back into the horse show ring this summer, not sure yet what division/class

* Pay off one of my student loans and be at least halfway to paying off a second
  • abdullahi16
    Options
    I guess my realistic goal for 2014

Would be is to drop 60lb (27.5kg) and hopefully acquire girlfriend someday.

I want a girlfriend that looks like this also, (hint: I always have a fetish for short and glasses.)

Pretty-Medium-to-Short-Haircuts-with-Glasses-324x488.jpg

Good luck everyone :)!
  • kjm_723
    kjm_723 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Run a 10k. Ahh! I said it out loud, so it's a real goal. I know I can do it though!
  • SusyPatty
    SusyPatty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My weight goal for 2014 is 135 lbs by Nov 1st. That's over 1.5 lbs to lose per month from my current weight. I will tone-up all my muscle so they are more defined.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    to lose 15 pounds by my wedding in May
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My goal....get back to 122! I am surrently back up to 140! Yikes!
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My goal is to run 3 miles a week. That's incredibly realistic and reachable--and reaching that goal will give me incentive to go above and beyond ^_^ Hopefully doing much more but atleast 3 miles a week.
  • otterish
    otterish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    By the end of Feb, drop a jeans size.
    By the end of May, comfortably wear size L BDUs.
    By haunt season, reduce waist by 5 inches.

Oh! Almost forgot: bench press half my body weight for 3 sets of 10.
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Get BIG gain 12 or 24 pound of muscles
  • kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to drop 25-30 pounds by May 2014. Hoping to lose around 1+1/4 pound a week every week until may ( I know it probably won't be as smooth as that) and also to just keep calorie counting and working out.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2014 are to maintain my weight & focus more on strength training.
  • scrapsandbones
    scrapsandbones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm at my goal weight but lost it all through pure diet. My goal now is working on my fitness, in terms of specifics I want to complete c25k and be able to run a mile without stopping. At the moment I can run about 0.4 miles before I have to walk.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I lost a fair bit of weight over the last couple of years but then put back on about 25 under stress. I have taken 10 of that back off so my goal is to get rid of the last 15 and then keep a better eye on it so I'm not trying to lose more than 5 pounds again.

Fitness wise I'm going to work more on my arms and abs. My legs are pretty strong already (I like hiking) so it would "even me out" to work on the top more.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm at 181 pounds, and my goal is to be at 150 by the beginning of June. I've never been that small as an adult so have no idea what I'll look like or how I'll feel or how much more I'll want to lose, so I figured I would give myself a short term realistic goal and then reassess!

Starting T25 on Monday, so finishing that is another huge goal, I'm also giving up drinking for the ten weeks I'm doing the program.
  • DC_run_lift
    Options
    2014 is the year I run a 5K in less than 20 minutes! This IS the year. Good luck to everyone and their goals :)