Anyone else starting the year with Herbalife?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Wow way to bring you down here...great job people!

Of course you lose weight because of the calorie deficit, but so what? I did Herbalife once and lost 90 pounds, I put the weight back up because I'm stupid and overate, but I also kept it off for almost a year, where I did NOT drink the shake and did NOT gain any weight, I only gained it all back once I completely stopped going to the gym AND went back to my bad eating habits (entire PIZZA boxes by myself, at night, 3-4 times a week for example)

My advice, do it, replace at least ONE meal with the shake, skip dinner and have it at night, you'll see great results.
    I always knew the product itself wasn't what was making me lose weight, but I found it easy to follow, it kept me on the diet, you could do this with any other type of shake from any other brand or you could even make your own smoothies, but if Herbalife is what's available to you and you like it, then go for it, I did it and it worked. It's popular for a reason, people like it and people see results fast and in the end that's all that matters. There's no point in doing a more traditional diet if you can't stick to it.

the reason you gained the weight back is not because you stopped using herbalife, but because you began overeating. Of course if you skip a meal, and just drink a shake that you will have "success", but the reason is because of the calorie deficit, NOT the shake. Plus, is it really sustainable to skip dinner and have a shake for the rest of your life?

You could of skipped herbalife, made real long term changes, and kept the weight off. Instead, you wasted your money and gained the weight back...WTG
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Continuous reporting of new cases in Spain supports the relationship between Herbalife® products and liver injury.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21751292

Slimming at all costs: Herbalife-induced liver injury.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17692988

[Toxic hepatitis by consumption Herbalife products a case report].
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19157382

Herbal does not mean innocuous: ten cases of severe hepatotoxicity associated with dietary supplements from Herbalife products.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17692989

Acute liver injury induced by weight-loss herbal supplements.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21173910

Association between consumption of Herbalife nutritional supplements and acute hepatotoxicity.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17692424

Think I will pass.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    If you're not familiar with MLM's, family and friends are usually the first victims.................................

I am very familiar with many forms of network marketing business models and strategies. Naturally their friends and family will be first on their list to share their product and their business. I do hope the persons motivation is always driven by their passion (in this case "improving others health and nutrition") and not making money.
  • Nvertommen
    Options
    Funny to see how people are getting all upset about this concept. If you don't like it, then don't pay attention to it. Think about your blood pressure people!

I started using Herbalife and I think it's awesome. I have tons of energy now, while normally I'm tired all the time. And yes, I've tried eating more fruit, vegetables, every kind of food you can think of giving extra energy, exercise, everything. And yes, I know what to do since I am a dietician. I'm happy with the products and its effect.

And I'm looking forward to all the comments of people crying over this :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Funny to see how people are getting all upset about this concept. If you don't like it, then don't pay attention to it. Think about your blood pressure people!
    All upset? Lol, I think it's the other way around.
    I started using Herbalife and I think it's awesome. I have tons of energy now, while normally I'm tired all the time. And yes, I've tried eating more fruit, vegetables, every kind of food you can think of giving extra energy, exercise, everything. And yes, I know what to do since I am a dietician. I'm happy with the products and its effect.

You're a dietician and using a powdered product as a meal replacement instead of food? Where did you attain your license ?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

You're a dietician and using a powdered product as a meal replacement instead of food? Where did you attain your license from a cereal box?

IDEA Fitness member
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

you beat me to it. I'm calling shenannigans.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If you're not familiar with MLM's, family and friends are usually the first victims.................................

I am very familiar with many forms of network marketing business models and strategies. Naturally their friends and family will be first on their list to share their product and their business. I do hope the persons motivation is always driven by their passion (in this case "improving others health and nutrition") and not making money.

By any chance, are you a herbalife distributor? Or maybe a family member is?
  • Nvertommen
    Options

You're a dietician and using a powdered product as a meal replacement instead of food? Where did you attain your license from a cereal box?

IDEA Fitness member

So using a powdered supplement makes me unsuitable as a professional dietician? No, it doesn't. I'm using it because of the energy it gives me, not to lose weight or anything.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I'm looking for people that are taking the same path I am. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work and I am wiser in the end for it. Again - if you're on the same plan, feel free to add me. If you're here to criticize then please move along.

It's okay to get defensive. I'd be upset too if a family member encouraged me to spend lots of money on an unnecessary product.

This, add her and she will try to sell you product. Only 7 posts and 0 pounds lost? Spam!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My SIL is a distributor and has lost 10 pounds. She looks amazing! She was gracious enough to get me and my hubby started as a Christmas gift. We started today and I must say the shakes are quite yummy! I'm just curious if anyone plans on doing this plan for 2014? If so feel free to add me!

I've never tried Herbalife nor do I have relatives that have tried it and/or are distributors. What I read into this post is your Sister-In-Law wants to bless you and your husband with a Christmas gift of health and nutrition. Sounds like a great SIL to me!

Or to TRY to line her pockets as the distributor of a pyramid scheme, but whatever.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the SIL's motivations were more to do with her bottom line and less to do with health and nutrition.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My SIL is a distributor and has lost 10 pounds. She looks amazing! She was gracious enough to get me and my hubby started as a Christmas gift. We started today and I must say the shakes are quite yummy! I'm just curious if anyone plans on doing this plan for 2014? If so feel free to add me!

I've never tried Herbalife nor do I have relatives that have tried it and/or are distributors. What I read into this post is your Sister-In-Law wants to bless you and your husband with a Christmas gift of health and nutrition. Sounds like a great SIL to me!

Or to TRY to line her pockets as the distributor of a pyramid scheme, but whatever.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the SIL's motivations were more to do with her bottom line and less to do with health and nutrition.

Although potentially in SIL's defense, a lot of peddlers of products like this are True Believers™.

I'm not saying that makes the situation any better, but her motives may not be entirely financial.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Bet it tastes great mixed with your low fat milk.

Upset? Hardly. Humoured more like!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    I betcha there's a deficit involved somewhere. Spend alot to eat less, what a world, what a weird and wonderful world that can present a person with unlimited opportunity.:wink:
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

So using a powdered supplement makes me unsuitable as a professional dietician? No, it doesn't. I'm using it because of the energy it gives me, not to lose weight or anything.
    If you're equating a supplemental product vs fruits and vegetables and NOT being able to get energy from them but from the supplement, then yes it's unsuitable. Because at that point if glycogen levels are the same from both, then that would mean there's a stimulant in the Herbalife. And I'm betting there isn't. So what you're saying doesn't make sense. Somehow you can absorb sugar from the supplement, but not whole foods?

IDEA Fitness member
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    By any chance, are you a herbalife distributor? Or maybe a family member is?

If you would have read my previous post that was already answered. No and No.

I'm not here endorsing Herbalife, in fact I wouldn't. However I am all for a person sharing their passion with others, if it is part of their primary or second job, so be it.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    This is old, but I'm surprised nobody's posted this - great read on the scam that is herbalife;

http://www.cockeyed.com/workfromhome/workfromhome_s.html
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm starting day one of herbalife :) I'm going to add you if that's okay!
  • Nvertommen
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

If you're equating a supplemental product vs fruits and vegetables and NOT being able to get energy from them but from the supplement, then yes it's unsuitable. Because at that point if glycogen levels are the same from both, then that would mean there's a stimulant in the Herbalife. And I'm betting there isn't. So what you're saying doesn't make sense. Somehow you can absorb sugar from the supplement, but not whole foods?

IDEA Fitness member

It has nothing to do with the sugar, more with the vitamins and minerals which fruits and vegetables contain less than before: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/soil-erosion/
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am on day two! Feel free to add me :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

It has nothing to do with the sugar, more with the vitamins and minerals which fruits and vegetables contain less than before: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/soil-erosion/
    Lol, so take a daily vitamin mineral supplement for a few cents a day vs a "meal replacement" that cost more than 10 times more. And again, energy is derived from glycogen which doesn't have much to do with the reduced vitamin and minerals from the link you provided.

IDEA Fitness member